Author Topic: Forgotten Mopars  (Read 19534 times)

Offline cudagirl4406pk

• Yes i am a Girl and No you cant drive my CUDA
    • Garageartmusclecars
Re: Forgotten Mopars
« Reply #60 on: December 29, 2007 - 06:41:07 AM »
So ryan i guess ever picture you take you go and ask permission to post on websites right?So people that take hundreds of pictures at carlise and other car show need to ask permission to take pics and post them.Yeah right.There are thousands of pics on sites from all over and if you think everyone in this world is worried about permission then your in fantasy land.Unless you using the pics to do resale of a calendar or some other means of making money on that pic i dont see where you need permission.

michele
Yes i am a girl and no you cant drive my MOPAR :)

Offline Devil

• Forward, Together Forward
    • Ryan's Cars in Barns
« Reply #61 on: December 29, 2007 - 08:40:45 AM »
So ryan i guess ever picture you take you go and ask permission to post on websites right?So people that take hundreds of pictures at carlise and other car show need to ask permission to take pics and post them.Yeah right.There are thousands of pics on sites from all over and if you think everyone in this world is worried about permission then your in fantasy land.Unless you using the pics to do resale of a calendar or some other means of making money on that pic i dont see where you need permission.

michele

When cars are on display in a public forum, they are open to the public, and pictures can be taken of them, and posted on the internet for use in whatever you seemed fit, that is non-profit.  This is considered scholarly work, and not held down by copyright law.  You can not take the picture of a Cuda you saw at the local car show and use it on a mug or clock or such though for profit.

I ask for permission on as many as I can.  Those taken on from a pubic road have the license plates censored and address removed.  That is the legal way to show objects from public access.  99% of my pictures I get permission and are allowed to post them.  There are a few pictures I have been unable to post, because the person has asked me not to, and they have the right to ask them not to be posted.  So I don't.  As you can see, I get permission from most of my finds, and post them.

Ryan

Ryan
Ryan's Cars in Barns

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hemipwr70/
http://carsinbarns.blogspot.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
71 Challenger R/T Clone
69 Charger R/T SE
70 Barracuda
74 Dart Swinger
93 RamCharger
88 Caprice Classic Brougham

Offline CHUCKS71

• "IF YOUR NOT FIRST YOUR LAST"
« Reply #62 on: December 29, 2007 - 08:41:15 AM »
THESE PICTURES ARE NOT COPY RIGHTED AND ARE STRICTLY FOR ENTERTAINMENT ONLY.YOU ARE URGED TO DO WHAT YOU PLEASE WITH THEM STEAL,COPY,DELETE,POST OR MAYBE JUST ENJOY THEM!!!SIDE EFFECTS INCLUDE CRYING,LAUGHING,VOMITING AND SEVERE MENTAL TRAUMA!NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.VALID IN THE 50 UNITED STATES AND CANADA.VOID WHERE PROHIBITED/RESTRICTED.MUST NOT BE BLIND TO VIEW.
:burnout::22yikes::burnout:    www.ronpaul2008.com
71 Challenger 4spd   www.conservativepunk.com
03 Ram diesel 6spd    http://s105.photobucket.com/albums/m222/chucknutz/1971%20Challenger/

Offline C_stripes

« Reply #63 on: December 29, 2007 - 07:02:07 PM »
I want the 71 duster
If you don't lie, You don't have to remember what you said

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #64 on: December 29, 2007 - 07:48:35 PM »
I did not read every post in this thread because it makes me sad. Moparts type bs looks to be gaining a foothold here. who cares about a bunch of rotting car pics??????? WTF is the big deal? I could see if the pics were magazine or calender quality but they are all polaroid style of rotting cars sitting in junky back yards and fields. Why would someone have to ask permission to post pics of neglected Mopars? God forbid someone might find them and actually set them free from the procrastination hell they are in. I just dont get the point of where this thread went south.   :drama:
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline 69bronzeT5

• SRT Guru
  • Mopar or No Car
    • Forgotten Mopars
« Reply #65 on: December 29, 2007 - 08:07:04 PM »
I could see if the pics were magazine or calender quality but they are all polaroid style of rotting cars sitting in junky back yards and fields. Why would someone have to ask permission to post pics of neglected Mopars? God forbid someone might find them and actually set them free from the procrastination hell they are in.

:iagree: 100% percent! Apperentley some people (actually one) has to open their mouth. All this copyright crap about the pictures and taking pictures of peoples cars and posting them on the internet without asking crap. Like honestley, who here goes to a car show and asks if they can take a picture of somebodies car to put on the 'net? Nobody! Now, lets get back to the pics!!!! Model isnt mine but netherless, its cool! :bigsmile:
Associate Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger
1970 Coronet
1971 Charger R/T
1971 Road Runner
1989 VW Cabriolet
2004 SRT-4
2006 Grand Cherokee SRT8
2008 Challenger SRT8
2016 Wrangler Unlimited
2017 Ram 1500 Rebel

Offline Devil

• Forward, Together Forward
    • Ryan's Cars in Barns
« Reply #66 on: December 29, 2007 - 11:21:35 PM »

:iagree: 100% percent! Apperentley some people (actually one) has to open their mouth. All this copyright crap about the pictures and taking pictures of peoples cars and posting them on the internet without asking crap. Like honestley, who here goes to a car show and asks if they can take a picture of somebodies car to put on the 'net? Nobody! Now, lets get back to the pics!!!! Model isnt mine but netherless, its cool! :bigsmile:

Just because children don't want to learn the law, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.  I know the law, I respect the law.   My pictures are my own, some of my pictures and stories have been magazine quality and have been in magazines.  And hopefully a book soon.

Apparently Bronze doesn't even read his own thread.  Taking pictures at car shows can be shown on the internet, as long as not used for profit.

I did not read every post in this thread because it makes me sad. Moparts type bs looks to be gaining a foothold here. who cares about a bunch of rotting car pics??????? WTF is the big deal? I could see if the pics were magazine or calender quality but they are all polaroid style of rotting cars sitting in junky back yards and fields. Why would someone have to ask permission to post pics of neglected Mopars? God forbid someone might find them and actually set them free from the procrastination hell they are in. I just dont get the point of where this thread went south.   :drama:

The "big deal" is that the pictures are the private property of an individual.  They have the right to distribute it, no one else unless the owner permits it.  It isn't that hard to understand.  Just because you guys don't like the law, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.  Grow up, move on.

Ryan
« Last Edit: December 29, 2007 - 11:26:13 PM by Devil »
Ryan's Cars in Barns

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hemipwr70/
http://carsinbarns.blogspot.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
71 Challenger R/T Clone
69 Charger R/T SE
70 Barracuda
74 Dart Swinger
93 RamCharger
88 Caprice Classic Brougham

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #67 on: December 30, 2007 - 01:06:31 AM »
I could see if someone were sniping stories from another person on these cars.... but I still dont get it. I guess I am ignorant of the law but it seems to me that if you post a picture on a website you are pretty much putting it out there for the world to see.....and use. In the interest of the exact attitude I am trying to foster I will just leave this one alone. The last thing any of us wants in here is the attitude that runs rampant over at Moparts. A brother might have an argument with another brother but they are still family, lets keep it that way  :bigsmile:
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline 69bronzeT5

• SRT Guru
  • Mopar or No Car
    • Forgotten Mopars
« Reply #68 on: December 30, 2007 - 01:21:04 AM »
The last thing any of us wants in here is the attitude that runs rampant over at Moparts.

As long as we dont start making posts regarding penguins, we'll be fine :roflsmiley: :roflsmiley:

1969 Charger
1970 Coronet
1971 Charger R/T
1971 Road Runner
1989 VW Cabriolet
2004 SRT-4
2006 Grand Cherokee SRT8
2008 Challenger SRT8
2016 Wrangler Unlimited
2017 Ram 1500 Rebel

Offline hooD

• detroit iron
  • Resident
  • Motor City Made Muscle
« Reply #69 on: December 30, 2007 - 01:35:44 AM »

As long as we dont start making posts regarding penguins, we'll be fine :roflsmiley: :roflsmiley:
Sorry, did someone say penguins?
-Larry
member since AUG 2007
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvrWiLgDm7Y

southeastern michigan usa

1973 'CUDA 340

original owner
37,117 miles

:grinyes: *click my E-Body* :grinyes:

Offline 69bronzeT5

• SRT Guru
  • Mopar or No Car
    • Forgotten Mopars
« Reply #70 on: December 30, 2007 - 01:42:06 AM »
Sorry, did someone say penguins?

:roflsmiley: :roflsmiley: :roflsmiley: :roflsmiley:

1969 Charger
1970 Coronet
1971 Charger R/T
1971 Road Runner
1989 VW Cabriolet
2004 SRT-4
2006 Grand Cherokee SRT8
2008 Challenger SRT8
2016 Wrangler Unlimited
2017 Ram 1500 Rebel

Offline dukeboy_318

« Reply #71 on: December 30, 2007 - 02:15:38 AM »
Just because children don't want to learn the law, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.  I know the law, I respect the law.   My pictures are my own, some of my pictures and stories have been magazine quality and have been in magazines.  And hopefully a book soon.

Apparently Bronze doesn't even read his own thread.  Taking pictures at car shows can be shown on the internet, as long as not used for profit.

The "big deal" is that the pictures are the private property of an individual.  They have the right to distribute it, no one else unless the owner permits it.  It isn't that hard to understand.  Just because you guys don't like the law, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.  Grow up, move on.

Ryan

:stirpot: God, i cant believe im going to get futher involved here and i probably shouldnt, but i just finish an 18 week law course where we discussed copyright laws.  according to US law, as long as the orginal copyrighted source it cited in someway shape or form, then it is not illegal, its only illegal if you are saying you created it, 2nd of overall, to have anytihng copyrighted, you must submit paperwork to the copyright office, otherwise you fall into another category similar to using another students paper as your own, still wrong but not legally an issue.  i emailed my instructor(25 years as a lawyer and instructor about this and he responded saying that pictures taken by a non professional do NOT fall under any copyright protection, only those taken by offical photographers, not joe smith down the street.  so please, before you start calling people ignorant, check your own facts first.  :drama:
« Last Edit: December 30, 2007 - 12:22:56 PM by dukeboy_318 »

Offline 69bronzeT5

• SRT Guru
  • Mopar or No Car
    • Forgotten Mopars
« Reply #72 on: December 30, 2007 - 02:26:34 AM »
 :popcorn: :popcorn:

:bigsmile:

1969 Charger
1970 Coronet
1971 Charger R/T
1971 Road Runner
1989 VW Cabriolet
2004 SRT-4
2006 Grand Cherokee SRT8
2008 Challenger SRT8
2016 Wrangler Unlimited
2017 Ram 1500 Rebel

Offline cudagirl4406pk

• Yes i am a Girl and No you cant drive my CUDA
    • Garageartmusclecars
« Reply #73 on: December 30, 2007 - 06:28:11 AM »
Thanks dukeboy for clearing that up.
Yes i am a girl and no you cant drive my MOPAR :)

Offline ShelbyDogg

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #74 on: December 30, 2007 - 11:47:15 AM »
The only copy protected pictures that I see on the net, have the studios name on the edge or right across the picture of the car. The ones that I like, I copy and send to my friends.    The local TV station here grabs stuff and shows them on the air. I'ts like an "on the net" feature.
Rob

3 E-bodies, Megasquirt-1v3.0, Edelbrock Pro-Flo-1, Holley C950, FAST EZ-EFI; say no to carbs...yes to throttle bodies

My Pace Car restoration thread:
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=44869.0