Author Topic: anyone ever find an Ebody in a 3rd world country or equally weird place??  (Read 3450 times)

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
I met a dude from Ohio that found his facory Orange '70 Challenger in Peru!! he told me he was on a bus while riding down a dirt road and spotted it, bought it for roughly the shipping cost and it wasnt really rotten from what i remember......

anyone have a good story or pics for us??

:popcorn:
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline DAYTONA

Re: anyone ever find an Ebody in a 3rd world country or equally weird place??
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007 - 07:54:11 PM »
...I lived in Taiwan for 18 months in 1971-73......during this time there was a red 71 383 CUDA that I saw occasionally on the island....it impressed me so much I ordered a new red 73 340 CUDA and it was awaiting me when I got home...always wondered if the red 71 was still there, or what ever happened to it....apparently a member of the USAF had sold it to a local at a point in time...gas was over $2.50 a gallon 35 years ago on the local economy, so it was costing someone alot of $$$ to drive it back then

...there was a Lieutenant transfered to the island while I was there and he brought his bronze 70 440 SIX PACK Charger with him....only a few months into his stay he hit quite a few taxi cabs head on at high speed while passing a bus and all the cars went into a ravine....several fatalities....the Chinese didn't use their headlights at night unless they saw an oncoming car, then they would flash them on and off...but if you're driving a Charger at high speed and passing a bus, a few taxi cabs blinking their lights were kinda like bugs on the windshield....the American was fined and busted from his rank one grade.....shortly after, I left the place and I have no idea how it all ended up but the Charger was probably turned into quite a few water buffalo carts ...I had looked the Charger over several times in the parking lot at the Accounting Office I worked in while stationed there, it was bronze/blk/blk AT/console...quite a striking car in the land of Datsuns 210s
« Last Edit: December 17, 2007 - 07:56:13 PM by DAYTONA »

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007 - 07:59:02 PM »
man thats awesome!! pardon me for sounding ignorant, but no wonder the chinese are terrible at driving. what kind of genius idea is it to turn headlights on when you see an oncoming car, wont their headlights be off too?!

idiots!  :sly:
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline FM3V6M

• TX9 383 4spd
    • mytx9cuda

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2007 - 09:15:10 PM »
man thats awesome!! pardon me for sounding ignorant, but no wonder the chinese are terrible at driving. what kind of genius idea is it to turn headlights on when you see an oncoming car, wont their headlights be off too?!

most of their traffic was bicycles, motorbikes, water buffalo carts and taxi cabs....it generally moved slow and was extremely congested....moonlight was what they drove by....headlights were not really necessary unless they were going faster....we had lots of close calls driving over there and were in quite a few accidents including getting hit by a Chinese Army troop transporter on base (a few more inches and I would have been stuck in the tire tread)...we were sideswiped by a vehicle with 10' tall tires, or at least they looked 10 feet tall from the seat of my Datsun as the truck tore the skin off my car from the headlight to the gas cap...funny part, it was repaired by a local body shop for $66 dollars ...labor was REALLY cheap

...the big Charger was estimated to be doing in excess on 70mph and the sheer size and weight of the car at that speed just stacked up the much smaller taxi cabs like an accordian, shoved them backwards down the road into the front of an oncoming bus, then they all went over the embankment and into the river bed 20-30 feet below the road surface...the driver of the Charger was barely injured but there were 4-6 fatalities in the other cars the best I remember

Offline 'cudaCruiser

• My '72 B5 'cuda
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2007 - 10:53:30 AM »

I've seen 'em driving the freeways in Kuwait with no lights at night. It saves their batteries...?
Mickey

"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it." Lou Holtz

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2007 - 11:05:46 AM »

Maybe they all have the night vision that Jackie Chan had in Cannonball Run?  :clueless:  :roflsmiley:

1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2007 - 01:01:49 PM »
"Dude! the chinamen is not the issue here, its Jefferey Lebowski, the other Lebowski...... and dude, chinamen is not the correct nomanclasure, its asian american.... please.."

:roflsmiley:
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline MJS73

• Mike's 1973 Challenger
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2007 - 12:00:01 PM »
DAYTONA knows one from Venezuela.

Mike
www.mikes73.com
Don't PM me - send me an e-mail at mjsavage2001@yahoo.com

Offline cowboy

• Denmark
    • CowboyCars.dk
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2007 - 12:04:31 PM »
-

""anyone ever find an Ebody in a 3rd world country or equally weird place??""

I know about a couple, or more --

In Sweden...

:roflsmiley: :roflsmiley: :smilielol:
MoPar's for Cruizin, Racing & Pro-touring: www.CowboyCars.dk

1930 Plymouth Hot Rod wannabe - 1957 DeSoto Fireflite Sportsman - 1967 RaceCuda  -  1968 Barracuda  -  1971 Challenger R/T Conv.

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2007 - 05:32:31 PM »
DAYTONA knows one from Venezuela.

Mike

and it has a great story to go with it.....maybe Juan will come on board and tell it again....it's been is several magazines thru the years

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2007 - 06:38:09 PM »
I have a buddy here in Australia who has bought a car out of Lebanon.
It is a 71 Barracuda convertible, he has sent me pictures and their is a few Challengers still there. :drunk:
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline willhaven

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2007 - 07:31:01 PM »
A couple years back there was a 68(?) GTX for sale from Venezuela. The strange thing is it didn't look like a GTX. It was definitely a B body, it was definitely Mopar (had a 318), but it was somewhat different. It was very cool. I wish I had saved the pictures of it.

Then there's always the Aussie Chargers. I think they even had a 6 cylinder Hemi at one point. :)

Offline Jacksboys

• Sr. Resident
  • Here Since 08/28/06 GEORGIA
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2007 - 03:23:14 AM »
Then there's always the Aussie Chargers. I think they even had a 6 cylinder Hemi at one point. :)

Some with a 6-pak.   :2thumbs:
1971 Dodge Challenger:  360/904/3.23

Success is the maximum utilization of the ability that you have. - Zig Ziglar

Offline ozrt4406

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2007 - 05:48:09 AM »
GO AUSSIE.....................THEY EVEN HAVE CHALLENGERS IN TASMANIA.....ALTHOUGH THE TWO HEADS DOWN THERE HAVE TROUBLE DRIVIN EM!.....( AAAHHHMM OZZIE JOKE TO YOU GUYS)
T/A AND R/T............... IM GREEDY.