Author Topic: Mopar's at the Strip 2008  (Read 6957 times)

Offline 72hemi

• Resident
  • MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2006
Re: Mopar's at the Strip 2008
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2008 - 10:06:02 AM »
It's definitely worth the trip. It is a great event and it's in Vegas so you can't go wrong. I stay at my folks time share, so I am no help with hotel selection.
1972 Dodge Challenger 340 6 Pack 4-speed
1996 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe

Offline R/T hedkace

• Resident
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2008 - 05:38:06 PM »
 Well, the boss gave me the ok  :woo: :woohoo:
Now, it's just up to me to see if I can catch a deal or two, and if I can I will be booking it within the next couple weeks.
 Plus the funds will decide whether I will go or not.

I may be going, it should be a 2.5 hr trip for me and I may take the weekend off. I love getting free fuel to sight see from the company :2thumbs:
Maybe you should get together with Jeff, and trade stories  :roflsmiley:

It's definitely worth the trip. It is a great event and it's in Vegas so you can't go wrong. I stay at my folks time share, so I am no help with hotel selection.
Thanks for responding 72  :cheers:
Did you go to all three days last year?

If I go, I'd love to catch a show on the strip too if it's not too late to book.
Also will be frequenting the brothels  :grinyes:
 I'm single, and have no shame what so ever  :grinno:  :dogpile:

Jeff     
    Defending the Earth from "uptight" mods!!   an endless crusade..........

1970 Dodge Challenger R/T 440 4speed Dana
1970 Dodge Super Bee
1969 Barracuda
 Massachusetts

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2008 - 12:20:09 AM »
The streets are almost a brothel there. Sidewalks and parking lots are littered with nasty stuff. This is on the maine drag...grosses me out. The corner paper machines doesnt even have a normal paper in it. Children beware.

Offline 72hemi

• Resident
  • MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2006
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2008 - 12:33:38 AM »
I went all 3 days last year. Also love the shows, and so does my other half. We both reccomend Jubilee; it is at Ballys and every time we go to Vegas we go and see it, FYI +18 only no kids. Usually you can get tickets even the same day as the show. There is a ticket place on the strip that sells discount tickets for same day. It is located in the Coca Cola World complex, just beware that you have to get there early because a line forms quick because tickets I think can be as much as half, and when shows can cost more than 100 a piece its quite a savings.
1972 Dodge Challenger 340 6 Pack 4-speed
1996 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe

Offline tumbob

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2008 - 01:22:56 AM »
It seems to be harder and harder to find a good deal to get to Vegas this year...Whats up with that?....will still go and stay off the strip w/rental car and have to hit In-n-Out burger every day.......going Fri-Sun @racetrack
09 Challenger SE
68 Charger 383
70 Challenger Convertible 340
72 Cuda 340

Offline R/T hedkace

• Resident
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2008 - 09:42:31 PM »
The streets are almost a brothel there. Sidewalks and parking lots are littered with nasty stuff. This is on the maine drag...grosses me out. The corner paper machines doesnt even have a normal paper in it. Children beware.

That's it, done deal......I'm going!!!  :naughty: ....... :roflsmiley:

I went all 3 days last year. Also love the shows, and so does my other half. We both reccomend Jubilee; it is at Ballys and every time we go to Vegas we go and see it, FYI +18 only no kids. Usually you can get tickets even the same day as the show. There is a ticket place on the strip that sells discount tickets for same day. It is located in the Coca Cola World complex, just beware that you have to get there early because a line forms quick because tickets I think can be as much as half, and when shows can cost more than 100 a piece its quite a savings.

Thanks a bunch for the info 72.
It is greatly appreciated  :cheers:

I've been doing a bunch of research on what's down there, and what to do.
Holy S%#t....where to start  :dunno:
 I'm starting to form a game plan of sorts  :thumbsup:
Even though I am not 100% certain yet, It's looking better.

It seems to be harder and harder to find a good deal to get to Vegas this year...Whats up with that?....will still go and stay off the strip w/rental car and have to hit In-n-Out burger every day.......going Fri-Sun @racetrack

I hear ya with the lack of deals
It looks like the best I could find out of Boston is going to be about $490 round trip just for airfare  :swear:
 There's a few cheaper, but I'm not having a layover in Texas, just to get back to Boston.
W T F's the point of that?

By the way have any of you guys ever went on any of the attractions at the Stratospere?
Those look friggin crazy  :22yikes:
I want to be that stupid  :jumping:
 Almost 900 feet up, and overhanging the top 30 feet over the edge  :scared:
Where do I sign up? :faint:

Jeff     

1970 Dodge Super Bee
1969 Barracuda
 Massachusetts

Offline 70Cuda

• 70 Cuda 383 70 Challenger 440+6 71 Challenger 383
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2008 - 11:42:56 PM »
I'm going this year with my spouse and another couple.  I have done the rides at the Stratosphere and probably will do it again.

This is my first Mopars at the Strip and I have been to the Nats and Carlisle multiple times each and so far Carlisle is by far the best show I've been to and you can even take the wife and kids there since they have things like a Woman's Oasis for the wives and I've seen petting zoos and events for the kids too.

Have some fun for me R/T Hedkace!

Offline R/T hedkace

• Resident
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2008 - 07:59:29 PM »
 I'm absolutely beyond frustrated right now  :stomp:
 I finally found a great package deal that has remained the same price the last few days, and I just went to the bank today to transfer some funds so I can book my trip tonight.
 I go up to the site to go book it, and now I find out that the airfare has went from $325 round trip back up to $490  :swear: :pullinghair: :banghead:
 Time to play the waiting game again, and hope it doesn't come back to bite me in the @ss  :walkaway:

I'm going this year with my spouse and another couple.  I have done the rides at the Stratosphere and probably will do it again.

This is my first Mopars at the Strip and I have been to the Nats and Carlisle multiple times each and so far Carlisle is by far the best show I've been to and you can even take the wife and kids there since they have things like a Woman's Oasis for the wives and I've seen petting zoos and events for the kids too.

Have some fun for me R/T Hedkace!
That's very cool that your going this year.
 If I can get my trip situated, I'd love to give those rides a shot.
 Although I don't know if I'd back out at the last second  :22yikes: :burnout:  :lol:
 Maybe you could give me a push if I needed it, if we happen to meet up for a little while  :thumbsup:

Jeff     

1970 Dodge Super Bee
1969 Barracuda
 Massachusetts

Offline 70Cuda

• 70 Cuda 383 70 Challenger 440+6 71 Challenger 383
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2008 - 09:57:55 PM »
Got burned on single day delays costing me money twice on this trip.  Once on air fare up $50 overnight while still 7 weeks out and then lost the hotel I wanted coordinating.

I hear the Stratosphere has a topless pool if that helps with your hotel decision any!

Send me a PM with your cell number if you want.

Offline tumbob

« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2008 - 10:48:34 PM »
I hear you, I waited and missed out on my first two hotel choices, deals are fewer and far between, but got one yesterday, 3 nights and air from Denver for $389 some extended stay place by the Palms thru Priceline. Got a $10/day car rental from Hotwire, hopefully it has a engine.... Was going to wait for a last mimute deal but it seems like the prices keep going up. Priceline and Expedia had better deals then Hotwire and Orbitz this year, but have to keep checking. Anyone doing The Cannery Friday or Sat?
09 Challenger SE
68 Charger 383
70 Challenger Convertible 340
72 Cuda 340

Offline GoodysGotaCuda

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2008 - 10:59:37 PM »
I'll be there next year. :( can't swing the airline between me-lady coming out and such so close. Ah well, always next year
Build Page: Goody's 'Cuda Build Page
1976 Dodge Warlock
1972 Barracuda - 5.7 Hemi + T56 Magnum

Wheel & Tire Specs:Link

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2008 - 05:48:00 PM »
I flew to Ca. last night and am 2.5 hrs away now. Gonna be here a month  :2thumbs:

Offline NoMope Greg

• Resident
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2008 - 07:05:20 PM »
Are you at one of the desert bases - Ft. Irwin or 29 Stumps?
Greg
2003 Ford Escape XLS
Currently Mopar-less :(

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2008 - 07:08:48 PM »
I'm working at a soda ash plant in Trona Ca. staying in Ridgecrest ca.

Offline NoMope Greg

• Resident
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2008 - 07:19:33 PM »
You poor guy.  Trona is the armpit of the world - or so I hear.  I've been through Ridgecrest more times than I care to count.  Well, technically, **around** Ridgecrest, on Hwy 395.
Greg
2003 Ford Escape XLS
Currently Mopar-less :(