Man did I screw up bad!!! Trantula spider

Author Topic: Man did I screw up bad!!! Trantula spider  (Read 3150 times)

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
Man did I screw up bad!!! Trantula spider
« on: December 24, 2007 - 05:32:44 PM »
What a scare in the house we had. And I really messed up.

3 days ago I bought my brother a trantula spider for Christmas. It came in a box. No food or water. He loves these things, I think they're creepy and my wife freeks over small spiders let alone one that is 4 inches round. Well.......

I call my brother and tell him I bought anothet trantula for him yesterday and ask him if it will be ok in the box till Christmas mid day. He says they eat about once a week but should have some water on a sponge or something. WELL......

I get the idea of getting out our portable bird cage and some wire ties and putting the spider in it so it wasn't in the dark and give it some water. Everything was going ok. I had the cage door open, carefully opened the box with the spider, and dumped the spider in the cage. Seemed ok so far. And never went to the water. WELL.....

He was ok all day in the bird cage and the bars are 7/16 ths apart from each other. I didn't think he would escape. So I watched him here in my office all day and when it got to evening time, I turn out the lights and go to sleep

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Good morning honey...kiss kiss, and I get up and go to my office.   THE FREAKING SPIDER IS GONE!!!!!  Cage is locked and I am going nuts. My brother had also said the trantulas were escape artists. I said to myself last night---ok Hoodiney get out of this.        :bananasmi      He did.     I couldnt tell my wife. Dont even want to think about the spin offs there.  And This was the first time in our marriage I have ever lied to her and said all was well when she asked. But she could tell I was uptight and I said I had a headache.  YEAH RIGHT!.

I couldn't find the spider no where. I was scared if I did find him anyways.  So I called my brother and told him PLEASE PLEASE come over and find and catch this creepy thing. 200 miles round trip. We are going over his house for Christmas tomorrow too.  He came over, and after an hr. found the spider had gotten by the transformer plug ins for my computer. Right beside my feet.  AAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

Now the secret got out because I had to tell my wife why my brother  was here. And how I had lied to her and why.  She said  @$#)_$*@)_$(@_)$(@$__$&&%$#$%%#%$#%^@.  Then forgave me. And my brother and his family started laughing at me and they left and made the 100 mile drive back to his house and we will be over there tomorrow. He took the spider with him -THANK GOD. And all is calm, all is bright :bigsmile:

My headache is gone too :roflsmiley:  But what a scare

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
  • My M46 Barracuda! Member Since:October 01, 2005
Re: Man did I screw up bad!!! Trantula spider
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2007 - 05:36:41 PM »
Thats a good one.  Sounds like something I would get myself into..
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2007 - 05:39:00 PM »
Sing along:-

Silent Night,
You were up tight,
All is right,
Didn't get, a spider bite.

Merry Christmas Moparal  :roflsmiley: :smilielol:
 :2thumbs: :drunk:
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2007 - 05:39:42 PM »
lying is tough even when you Ummm Have too
 Trantulas are usually pretty calm animals , not that I really want to deal with them , not sure what people see in them as pets , kinda hard to play fetch with them  :clueless:

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline 1BADFISH™

• Resident
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2007 - 05:43:25 PM »
Holy Al, I would lose my mind, spiders and reptiles are my weekness. I'd rather share a room with a grizzly.  :22yikes:

Dave
Charlottetown, PE
2014 GMC Sierra Crew Cab White Diamond edition.
1970 Dodge Challenger 340-6 4spd.
*Member Since* Oct 11, 2005

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2007 - 05:44:24 PM »
HEY ALAN, Did you try Calling the little fella?     Here spidy spidy spidy....come tu papa...

Have a Very Merry Christmas !

Wade
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2007 - 05:44:38 PM »
Trantulas are usually pretty calm animals

They're a lot calmer when there's a cinder block sitting on top of them  :bananasmi.

Glad it worked out for you, Moparal.  I know a woman who used to have a tarantula, a snake and a gila monster.  Could never understand it.  Give me a big, dumb dog any day.

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2007 - 05:46:40 PM »
I only had one other alternative to this and really didnt want to. But the pet store had one more spider. I was going to tell my wife I had to buy 1 more item for christmas, then buy another identical spider to replace the loose one. Then I could take the spider with me to his house and not tell my wife anything. But I still would have to search for the other spider. My brother said today that eventually the spider would be real hungry and then my birds (cockateils) would come up missing. I freaked then after him saying that.

Never again   never again

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2007 - 05:47:29 PM »
you `re a lucky man having a wife like that!  mine would most likely have shot me as soon as I had found the spider, and sell the cuda on ebay first thing tomorrow... :roflsmiley:
*** Bart ***

Offline 71340RT

• Resident
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2007 - 05:57:29 PM »
Alan my wife would of been mad as he!! at me for letting the spider get loose. She hates them and if I would of told her it was loose she would of left and said call me when you find it and I'll come home. Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!

70 Plymouth Cuda 340 4-speed
71 Dodge Challenger RT 340 automatic
1973 Dodge Challenger 360 automatic EFI
2002 Harley Davidson Dyna Wide Glide
2003 Dodge Stratus RT coupe
2009 Challenger RT Classic B5 Blue
2014 Ram Express 5.7 Hemi 4X4

Offline 422STROKER

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 6/3/06
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2007 - 06:42:42 PM »
I would have left the house with the kids.  I can't do spiders.

Tom :roflsmiley:

Glad your Bro came to the rescue!
Tom
12.77 @ 108.87 15" Street Drag radial tires 3.23 gear

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2007 - 06:44:52 PM »
Glad to hear it came out alright in the end. 

PS, Dont read this one Carl, oops, too late!   :roflsmiley:

Offline Oldschool

• Administrator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 9-05-06
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2007 - 07:05:14 PM »
They're a lot calmer when there's a cinder block sitting on top of them  :bananasmi.

LOL!!   :roflsmiley:   :roflsmiley:   :roflsmiley:    Better yet, a couple of cinder blocks.....    :bananasmi   :bananasmi   
Ken  --  In Georgia

MOPAR-------"Built To Run------Here To Stay"

Offline Ornamental

• Oslo, Norway
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2007 - 07:16:10 PM »
At least it worked out good in the end. Hope your brother got a terrarium with motion detectors on the outside, just in case!
Personally, I'll have to agree with ChallengerHK, spiders usually tend to be rather peaceful when a cinder block sits on top of them.
Panther Pink '72 Challenger Rallye.
Grey '70 Challenger R/T

-There are two kinds of pedestrians: The quick and the dead.

***Per Arne***

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2007 - 10:32:45 PM »
OMG!!!!! :scared:
That's the funniest and best story I've heard you tell Al!!! I think I would have bought some roach bombs and told my wife we had some "bugs" and left it at that!! Have a great & uneventful Christmas!!!

Matt B.
Matt