Author Topic: TTI Exhaust - Cuda Tips -Options  (Read 1646 times)

Offline solarguy

TTI Exhaust - Cuda Tips -Options
« on: December 29, 2007 - 02:01:31 PM »
I'm looking to put a 2.5" TTI exhaust on my 70 Cuda and was wondering what you guys used for new tips.  Did you go TTI Tips welded to tailpipes or some other brand and clamp them on?  I'm looking at the TTI site and their tips are 307.00 but come welded to tailpipe and with hanger bracket.  I was also looking at weldtech or BEA 2.5" tips which would need clamped or welded.  What did you use and how did it turn out.

Thanks

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
Re: TTI Exhaust - Cuda Tips -Options
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2007 - 02:03:37 PM »
I have used the TTi tips , they fit well , look good etc

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline Oldschool

• Administrator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 9-05-06
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2007 - 02:14:15 PM »
I have used the TTi tips , they fit well , look good etc

:iagree:   I have used the TTi tips as well.  Just ordered and recieved a new set of the 3" rectangular tips.     I paid around $150.00 from a TTi distributor.  Here is the link to the TTi tips page. It shows the rectangular Cuda tips for $149.00 per set.  Just scroll down the page. Cheaper to just put these tips on your 2-1/2" tailpipes. Check it out.....    :2thumbs:

http://www.ttiexhaust.com/Tips/Tips.htm

« Last Edit: December 29, 2007 - 02:16:59 PM by Oldschool »
Ken  --  In Georgia

MOPAR-------"Built To Run------Here To Stay"

Offline solarguy

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2007 - 02:19:14 PM »
Thanks Chryco,

How much adjustment room did you have with the tips already installed on the tailpipes.  I mean, they were ok to center in the valance cutouts and the welded on brackets reached the mounts no problem? 

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2007 - 03:16:52 PM »
the hangar tab can be bent esily to get the tips to line up , & the tailpipe can be adjusted in & out to get the depth you want

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline cudabob496

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2007 - 08:54:36 PM »
On my 72 Cuda, I have a 3 inch TTI system, but I got the turn down pipes at the end. Keeps noise down, and keeps exhaust out of the car. I also took off the rear valance, and got a fuel cell. I like the look from the rear. All you see is the 8 and 3/4 differential and tires. I used black spray paint in the differential area as well. Taking the valance off allows air to escape from under the car well, so you can be faster. Just foolin around. I'll put the valance back one of these days. I also have some stainless straight exhaust tips I might put on. They are 5 inch in diameter. Look cool!
72 Cuda, owned 25 years. 496, with ported Stage VI heads, .625 in solid roller, 254/258 at .050, 3500 stall, 3.91 rear. 850 Holley DP, Reverse manual valve body.

1999 Trans Am, LS1, heads, cam, headers, stall, etc! Love to surprise the rice rockets with this one. They seem so confident, then it's "what the heck just happened?"

2011 Kawasaki Z1000