Author Topic: Picture challenge: How about we get postings of all the 70/71 Hemi converts?  (Read 22778 times)

Offline 70Cuda

• 70 Cuda 383 70 Challenger 440+6 71 Challenger 383
The real ones, no clones and if it's not a US car please indicate that too.  It would be nice to see if we can get pictures off all of these cars or if someone already has a link post it.

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
 :clapping: i know this is a real one.

It came up on E-bay.

Maybe someone else knows more about it. :2thumbs:
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline 70Cuda

OK, one point of my post was to get a feel for the original colors so if you know that (and it isn't obvious) along with the transmission and where and when you took the photo that's good info too.

Anyway, it looks like we are off to a start.

Offline DAYTONA

Plum Crazy 71......spent most of its life as a stolen car, parted out and hidden on an indian reservation in Canada...current owner found it, bought it and bought another car that had many of the original HEMI parts on it...I think the engine was in a speedboat....not sure of all the details anymore, it's been a couple of years since I saw it...

Offline kissalien

OK, one point of my post was to get a feel for the original colors so if you know that (and it isn't obvious) along with the transmission and where and when you took the photo that's good info too.

Anyway, it looks like we are off to a start.

The bass boat Hemicuda was originally FC7.

Offline moparclown

• Resident
I have seen that multi colored cuda in person,and yes it's real.And the owner at the time drove it to the shows,many people put him down for the paint.In my opinion it was absolutely gorgeous.

Offline bentpshrods

• Almost there, Boise Id.
   Here are a couple of pics of the original 71's that I have taken of the internet. Don't have any info on them .

Offline xs29j8

Pics from the Internet...

Offline xs29j8

From the Internet again...

Offline xs29j8

From the Internet yet again...

Offline xs29j8

More...

daves70

Way more 'cudas than challeys, which makes sense. Everyone thinks the Hemi 'cuda vert is so rare, which is true, but the challenger #'s in '70 were 33% less than the 'cuda.  Here's the #'s. '70 'cuda- 5-4 spd, 9 auto, 3 canada, 1 export. Total of 18. '70 Challenger- 5-4 spd, 4 auto, 3 canada. Total of 12. No '71 Challenger Hemi verts. '71 'cuda #'s- 2-4 spd, 5 auto, 2 canada, 2 export. Total of 11. The rarest of all would be the '71 'cuda with a 4 spd trans. (2 total) The 2nd rarest would be the '70 challey with an auto trans. (4 total) If you add the 2 years together, ('70&'71), you have 29 total Hemi 'cuda verts, and only 12 Hemi challengers. Hope this isn't old info to all of you, just my reflection on why you hardly ever see a true Hemi challey pic.  :grinyes:                                                   

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia

Way more 'cudas than challengers, which makes sense. Everyone thinks the Hemi 'cuda vert is so rare, which is true, but the challenger #'s in '70 were 33% less than the 'cuda.  Here's the #'s.

'70 'cuda- 5-4 spd, 9 auto, 3 canada, 1 export.
Total of 18.

'70 Challenger- 5-4 spd, 4 auto, 3 canada.
Total of 12.

No '71 Challenger Hemi verts.

'71 'cuda #'s- 2-4 spd, 5 auto, 2 canada, 2 export.
Total of 11.

The rarest of all would be the '71 'cuda with a 4 spd trans. (2 total)
The 2nd rarest would be the '70 challenger with an auto trans. (4 total)
If you add the 2 years together, ('70&'71), you have 29 total Hemi 'cuda verts, and only 12 Hemi challengers.
Hope this isn't old info to all of you, just my reflection on why you hardly ever see a true Hemi challenger pic. 

Hey dave i just needed to space that out, it was doing my head in  :faint: Hope you don't mind.

A very valid point with the Hemi Challenger verts :2thumbs:                                           
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline 70Cuda

Looks like some good info and pics here. 

Are all of the e-bodies now found and accounted for (not necessarily posted in this link yet but physically found) and if not what do we know about the missing ones?

Offline wunderless

• But existing is basically all I do!
Are they spary painting the rim on the red one?  Crazy.
But existing is basically all I do!