Author Topic: body molding  (Read 1761 times)

Offline 733404

• old pic from about 1978, N. Texas
body molding
« on: January 02, 2008 - 05:31:35 PM »
looking for a couple pieces of body molding with the back inserts, need the drivers front and passenger door, not in a hurry but starting to get ready for paint and would feel beeter if i had them. 73 but i dont think that would matter?
shawn

Quote: children seldom misquote you, instead they repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said!

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
Re: body molding
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008 - 08:20:19 PM »
You talking about a challenger?  If so, I think I got some. Like chrome with black rubber in the middle follows the body curve line?

Offline 733404

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008 - 11:30:31 AM »
yes that the stuff, i looked at my old bent and twisted stuff and there dosent seem to be a difference between the drivers side and passenger side, but i could be wrong usually I am. and yes challenger.
shawn

Quote: children seldom misquote you, instead they repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said!

Offline 733404

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008 - 11:14:47 AM »
 :popcorn:
shawn

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2008 - 03:26:23 PM »
:popcorn:

I know, I know, and if someone offers quicker, jump on it :2thumbs:  I got some you can have when I get home in a month. As long as the body shop still is storing it for me.. I'm fairly sure they are

Offline 733404

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2008 - 05:00:34 PM »
thanks alan, not meaning to rush you at all just bumped the thread so i wouldn't get forgotten.

i got a shop ready to weld the studs on the front quarters and i'm holding because i'm not sure if i can even find this molding.
shawn

Offline alphabuck

• Pics of my project
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2008 - 02:44:29 PM »
my car didnt have em on the front fenders when i got it.  im not going to keep the moldings the ones on my doors are pretty nice.  i figure its got to be worth a 12 pack to go out there and figure out how to get one off without destroying it :) i can get you a better pic if you like its not all pitted or anything and the rubber looks good.

Offline 733404

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2008 - 11:59:23 AM »
Cool, they come off pretty easy, they have the plastic retainers that release one way. just get a hold off it and see which way it will slide. the front and back edge should have a spring clip.

now all i got to find is the one front piece  :cooldancing

shawn

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2008 - 12:53:43 PM »
Im home. Did you get yor molding?  I stopped by the body shop and they said they put it up in the loft for me. So if you need it still, let me know here. My pm box fills up really quick for some reason. Oh, and you can have every piece I have for 25 bucks. It is off my 74 challenger. I got know use for all the stuff. Sorry it took so long. I was 2500 miles away from home for 6 weeks :2thumbs:

It was tuff finding this post again, im glad it gets bumped up :cooldancing:

Offline 733404

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2008 - 03:24:12 PM »
sorry, haven't been around much, sure i will take all of it or just the front fender which ever is easier i got the door piece i needed from alphabuck so i've already put most of the pins back. if i can get that front fender ill feel better about shooting some paint. let me know frt and price i'll send a M.O.
thanks
shawn
shawn

Offline 733404

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2008 - 11:23:48 AM »
BTT

hey alan i saw your out of town again, if you want i can send the money and you can just send the trim whenever. all i really need is the front fender DS. but would be glad to take whatever you want to sell.
thx
shawn

shawn

Offline KNOT0623

• 1970 A66 Challenger
Get in, Sit Down, Shut up and HOLD ON!!!!
1970 A66 340 Challenger 4-speed
1970 T/A Challenger 4-speed
2006 Ram 2500 Diesel
2008 BMW M3 Vert

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2008 - 11:06:46 AM »
Maybe somebody has a hemi car or slant 6 that needs these

Or a L code 383.   :roflsmiley:

I need one also, I just cant remember which one, its ripped.   >:(