Author Topic: DINNER RESERVATION HAS BEEN MADE for C-C.COM for Carlisle  (Read 3953 times)

Offline ViperMan

• Resident
  • 2017 Carlisle or BUST...
    • JS Custom Cars
DINNER RESERVATION HAS BEEN MADE for C-C.COM for Carlisle
« on: January 04, 2008 - 02:22:43 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to make a new post to make sure it gets everyone's attention.

In lieu of instruction/suggestion by most of the group, I have secured a dinner reservation for us at "Your Place Grill and Restaurant" here in Mechanicsburg for Saturday July 12th.

I spoke at length with the manager of this restaurant yesterday evening - I explained our group and what we were looking to do.  I explained to her our less-than-satisfactory experience last year, and she didn't seem too surprised.

We have an outside patio area reserved - it is at the back of the building and remote so we won't be disturbed.  Of course if weather is bad, the inside is plenty large enough for our party.  She assured me that they would take good care of us, and would ensure having enough staff and stock to handle our needs.  She was very very pleasant, and I think we're all going to have a very good time.  She even said that we can turn off the jukebox music which is piped out to the patio area if we want to.

The ONLY thing we need to decide ahead of time is if we all want to order from their standard menu, or if we would like a buffet (of a few varieties) prepared for us before our arrival.

With the buffet we have three options, the most ranging up to $9.50 a person.  It would include Pizza (two one-topping, our choices) strombolis, salad, soup-de-jour (our choice) and sub-sandwiches.  We can remove options (sandwiches first, salad next) for $1-a-person intervals.  The advantages to us are A) set ammount per person (excluding drinks of course) and B) Food will already be served, hot, and ready when we start showing up.  Also, food stays out all night, until we leave.  If we're there for 4 hours, they'll feed us for four hours.  She did explain that if we decide to order from the menu individually, that was fine, but that they'll probably have to do large lump bills because it's too difficult to keep 20+ tabs organized (much like GG's did last year.)  I remember how much of a fiasco that was.

She asked that I let her know at least a week in advance (I'd like to give more notice if possible) so that she can be well prepared - she's going to order extra food stocks to handle our party and wants to know what to focus on - buffet or menu.

We of course do not need to decide this now, but be thinking about it.  I'll start a poll in the next few months.

I was quite proud to be representing this organization, and feel very confident that we will all have a very enjoyable time.  I look forward to Carlisle 2008!!

See you there!!

Jeff
2000 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe - 8.0L V10, 6-Speed Tremec
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited - Trail Rated - 4.7L V8, Auto
2010 Dodge Challenger SE Rallye - 3.5L V6, Auto (Wife's!)

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
Re: DINNER RESERVATION HAS BEEN MADE for C-C.COM for Carlisle
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008 - 05:00:03 PM »
Jeff,

The buffet sounds good. I think ordering from a menu was our biggest slow down the last 2 years. Throwing all those orders at a cook all at once over-whelmed them.  :eek7:

Did you give them a time frame? I think 8 or 8:30PM was what we did in the past.  :clueless:

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline ViperMan

• Resident
    • JS Custom Cars
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2008 - 05:10:37 PM »
Yeah as much as I like ordering what I want, I like the idea of walking in and eating.

I told them people will probably be showing up by 8, some maybe a bit sooner, and told her we'd probably be there until midnight or so.

This place never gets very busy, so we're not going to be tight for space - trust me.  And the back lot is HUGE.  Can't wait to get some good Row-O-Mopar shots.  :)

Jeff

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2008 - 05:13:34 PM »
   :jumping:   :jumping:   :jumping:

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD

Offline AprilsPink72Cuda

• Global Moderator
  • Resident
  • 1972 'Cuda 340/Wappingers Falls, NY
    • Klondike's Website (Check it out!)
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2008 - 02:02:09 PM »
sounds awesome!  Thanks Jeff.  I like the buffet idea as well. 

Offline purple1

• Worlds first e-body trailer. Member since 3/10/05
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2008 - 04:57:03 PM »
Buffet  :thumbsup:

All you can eat...  :woohoo:

Dave :wave:

Dave

Worlds first e-body trailer.    Severna Park, Maryland

nivvy

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2008 - 06:43:12 PM »
Buffet  :bigsmile: Would be much less of a headache for us and them...  :2cents:

Offline cudagirl4406pk

• Yes i am a Girl and No you cant drive my CUDA
    • Garageartmusclecars
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2008 - 08:01:25 PM »
I like that idea of the buffet i could not be there last year but we are planing to attend this year.
Yes i am a girl and no you cant drive my MOPAR :)

Offline ViperMan

• Resident
    • JS Custom Cars
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2008 - 08:35:32 AM »
My only problem with the buffet is that it's mostly Pizza and strombolis - if we do Pizza friday night at the hotel parking lot, it'll be somewhat redundant dinners...

It's not really a PROBLEM per se, just something to consider.

Jeff

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2008 - 09:59:54 AM »
Things can change.  I actually liked the looks of the steakhouse in front of the hotel.  They had a pool table too!  And you could get beer to go from there!!   :cheers:

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2008 - 11:16:09 AM »
Things can change.  I actually liked the looks of the steakhouse in front of the hotel.  They had a pool table too!  And you could get beer to go from there!!   :cheers:

That worked fine for 17 of us. I look forward to going back there again. The BIG question is, would they be able to handle 30-40 of us, or whatever the count is?

EDIT: I say go with the place Jeff found. If there are people attending the dinner that aren't staying at our Hotel, that might be taking them out of their way(the steak house by the Fairfield Inn). Any opinions?   :feedback:
« Last Edit: January 07, 2008 - 05:26:25 PM by MEK-Dangerfield »

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2008 - 05:29:54 PM »
That was a nice place and close to the hotel, we just walked up and slid back down  :roflsmiley: , remember the monsoon while we were in there  :wow: ! But I forget the name of the place,............was it Doc Holiday's, or something like that?
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2008 - 05:39:10 PM »
That was a nice place and close to the hotel, we just walked up and slid back down  :roflsmiley: , remember the monsoon while we were in there  :wow: ! But I forget the name of the place,............was it Doc Holiday's, or something like that?

I have NO clue Jim what it was called.  :banghead:  I just remember trying not to fall down the hill after having a couple.   :drunk:

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD

Offline AprilsPink72Cuda

• Global Moderator
  • Resident
  • 1972 'Cuda 340/Wappingers Falls, NY
    • Klondike's Website (Check it out!)
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2008 - 06:00:54 PM »
I just mentioned that steak house in the hotel thread.  That place was awesome!  Just don't eat the salad, right 4c?

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2008 - 12:01:02 AM »
I just mentioned that steak house in the hotel thread.  That place was awesome!  Just don't eat the salad, right 4c?

It was Doc Holiday's . . . and the best steak April has ever had if I remember right.  How can we not go back there??   :screwy: