Author Topic: Large Street Tire Help Needed  (Read 5063 times)

Offline Born_Fast

• RIGHT PEDAL :: LEFT LANE
Re: Large Street Tire Help Needed
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2008 - 11:38:09 AM »
I've seen a Camaro once that was running 475 rubbers rear, but it had massive bodywork done with widened rear fenders that made it look like the Batmobile. Why would someone want to go THAT wide?

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2008 - 12:04:17 PM »

Not sure, I guess if the car was mainly a strip car and perhaps only saw the odd (dozen times a year) time on the road? I myself wouldn't go that large, just too big (although they do look awesome). You'll bounce and skip going around corners. Kind of like putting your hand down on the desk like you're going to draw around it then turn it from 12 to 3 but do it keeping you lower half (palm) in the same place LOL. OK, that was a drawn out explanation..........haven't been to sleep tonight/today.

:crazy:

I just ordered my 345/55s from Jegs, will get them next week.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2008 - 12:05:49 PM by Carlwalski »
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline HP2

• Resident
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2008 - 01:07:58 PM »
You guys ever see a Greenwood styled Corvette from the mid 70s? They were a road race/Can am style of car that had huge, sweeping fender flares that had huge amounts of rubber inside them. I'd guess that these were around the 15 inch + size in width, which would have put them in the neighborhood of 400mm.

Offline Born_Fast

« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2008 - 08:50:42 AM »

Not sure, I guess if the car was mainly a strip car and perhaps only saw the odd (dozen times a year) time on the road? I myself wouldn't go that large, just too big (although they do look awesome). You'll bounce and skip going around corners. Kind of like putting your hand down on the desk like you're going to draw around it then turn it from 12 to 3 but do it keeping you lower half (palm) in the same place LOL. OK, that was a drawn out explanation..........haven't been to sleep tonight/today.

:crazy:

I just ordered my 345/55s from Jegs, will get them next week.

You are one crazy guy. ... but i definitely want to see pictures of that.

The Camaro i mentioned before was an all black second gen model and driven on public roads ONLY. Somehow they even got it street legal in Austria, because it had regular (white) license plates. It was for sale at that time and out of curiosity, i contacted the seller. He said it had two Garrett turbochargers installed. As far as i remember a regular one and an exhaust-gas-turbocharger, as well as plenty of other gimmicks that raised the poweroutput above 600+ rwhp. He sent me plenty of pictures - wish i still had them. The price he asked for the car was only about 8.000 US, but still it seemed like noone (except myself) dared to buy. I was still a trainee at that time and didn't earn enough, otherwise i would probably have owned it.

Now that i think of it, that car would have caused me lots of headaches for sure, so it's better i never got it.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2008 - 08:53:10 AM by Dreamcruiser »

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2008 - 03:18:05 PM »

Sounds like one wild car! :ylsuper: :cheers:

Offline Born_Fast

« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2008 - 04:59:01 AM »
Hahaha - who would have thought it: I just found the pictures somewhere in a corner of my harddrive. Didn't know i still had them. As you can see it looks... well... unique to say the least.

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2008 - 05:40:03 AM »

:lol: Holy crap!! :eek7: :lol2:

Offline HP2

• Resident
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2008 - 06:41:27 AM »
Kinda like this.

Offline Born_Fast

« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2008 - 02:05:24 PM »
Kinda like this.

Jesus that looks like a spaceship!  :o :o :o

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2008 - 05:20:57 PM »
I have a Trans Am Afx Camaro that looks identical - the tailpipes !!! :roflsmiley:

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t