Author Topic: Soliciting OUR MEMBERS site?  (Read 7184 times)

nivvy

Soliciting OUR MEMBERS site?
« on: January 12, 2008 - 01:04:12 PM »
I really think people shouldnt be allowed to sell on our site without a cetain minumum number of posts... its obvious when people just wanna solicit stuff on here..........  without it can hurt the integirty of this site   :2cents: 

Feel free to post your OPINIONS !  :2cents:

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
Re: Soliciting OUR MEMBERS site?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2008 - 01:07:38 PM »
Seems we had the same thoughts in common at the same time. I cant say anything right now, I am counting to 10

Offline Oldschool

• Administrator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 9-05-06
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2008 - 01:22:15 PM »
Not sure if a minimum post count is the answer.   :dunno:  I have mixed feelings about this stuff.  On one hand, I feel like there are a certain number of folks that come here trying to make a quick buck by offering cars/parts for sale.  This is a very savvy group we have and I think it will be hard for anyone to "get over" on the C-C group as a whole.  I have noticed that some sellers are already lowering the prices on stuff they have for sale, as they are already figuring out the previous point I made.  This group isn't going to overpay for stuff, either good stuff or junk.  That said, I think most of these folks will see that there is no "easy money" to be made here and they will move on.  On the other hand, I feel that there are also folks that come here and list cars/parts for sale at fair prices and try to work with buyers for shipping etc...  We don't want for our members to miss good deals because there is a mandatory number of posts to be made before items can be listed for sale here.  Most sellers are not going to take the time needed to make the required number of posts.  They have stuff they want to sell and usually they want it gone, the sooner the better.  Either way, it should be understood---"Buyer Beware".  Do your due diligence before your purchase anything, unless you KNOW the seller or are confident in thier reputation....      :2cents:   
Ken  --  In Georgia

MOPAR-------"Built To Run------Here To Stay"

Offline 73Chally

• Resident
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2008 - 01:32:49 PM »
I 100% agree with Oldschool.  It frustrates me, too, when I see people that sign up for the soul purpose of trying to sell stuff, but the minimum post count could block out some good potential deals.  I think this board does an outstanding job of policing itself.  I can't even tell you the number of times where I see someone with less than 10 posts offering something for sale, and immediately 2 or more members are all over them about not introducing themselves in the Newbie section, questioning their products, background, etc.  There are times when it can be frustrating, but I think overall the system works just fine the way it is.

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
  • My M46 Barracuda! Member Since:October 01, 2005
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2008 - 01:38:21 PM »
Seems to me that everyone should try to get know everyone before they can post a sale.  I can understand them wanting to buy something but not to sell right off the bat.  Maybe make a nother mile post and then give them the privalige to vote.  Just like the real voting age.  Time spent on the site should be considered also.   :2cents:
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2008 - 02:12:01 PM »
maybe it`s possible keep the 'parts/cars for sale' in that section only and not in 'recent or unread posts' that way at least you keep it away from those who are not looking for parts.  Those who want the good deals and the risks can check the for sale posts as often as they like and others are not tempted by low prices. 
as for myself; I`m here a few times a day for sharing and gathering knowledge, and a good laugh with people who have the same devotion/ disease that I have.  When I need parts I go look for them, when I don`t need parts I don`t want anyone throwing them at me...       let`s try to keep this board clean, cause it`s a great one.... :2cents:
*** Bart ***

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2008 - 02:18:04 PM »
Hmmm...I'm not sure what is a good answer but like 73Chally said, the minimum post count could block out some good potential deals.

I know that when I was looking at an old MGB locally, I joined an MG forum to get an opinion, I only did a few posts and ended up helping the MG owner sell the car on that forum and the buyer got a really good deal.  I wasn't a long time member or anything there, only a few posts but I was able to help out one of their members.  Just my  :2cents:.

1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline Black340

• 1973 challenger 340 4 Speed
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2008 - 02:36:05 PM »
Like Super Blue I am not sure what is the a good answer..I agree that will be nice to a new member to introduce him/her self before posting items for sell, but is that a guaranty that is an honest person?.. is everything that post in the introduction true?..after all many of us purchase items on EBay and in 99% of the times we have not  idea who the seller is, but this is also my :2cents:

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2008 - 03:03:12 PM »
As long as they are in the proper area, I'm good with it as is.  I don't want to miss any deals as I know there are members that join up that just want to sell stuff . . and if they come here first, then we have first dibbs on the stuff.  I see alot of threads where members post their stuff here first before putting up on e-bay . . and why not??  It doesn't cost anything to sell the stuff here. 

Maybe if you sell something here and you have less than 100 posts, we charge you a 5% commission on the sale price.  Make your check out to my real name of Charles Ash.  You can just use my first initial and my last name!   :grinyes:
« Last Edit: January 12, 2008 - 04:03:43 PM by 4Cruizn »

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2008 - 03:57:44 PM »
oh 4c yer so funny. I need cheering up today :2thumbs:

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2008 - 05:30:14 PM »
Not sure if a minimum post count is the answer.   :dunno:  I have mixed feelings about this stuff.  On one hand, I feel like there are a certain number of folks that come here trying to make a quick buck by offering cars/parts for sale.  This is a very savvy group we have and I think it will be hard for anyone to "get over" on the C-C group as a whole.  I have noticed that some sellers are already lowering the prices on stuff they have for sale, as they are already figuring out the previous point I made.  This group isn't going to overpay for stuff, either good stuff or junk.  That said, I think most of these folks will see that there is no "easy money" to be made here and they will move on.  On the other hand, I feel that there are also folks that come here and list cars/parts for sale at fair prices and try to work with buyers for shipping etc...  We don't want for our members to miss good deals because there is a mandatory number of posts to be made before items can be listed for sale here.  Most sellers are not going to take the time needed to make the required number of posts.  They have stuff they want to sell and usually they want it gone, the sooner the better.  Either way, it should be understood---"Buyer Beware".  Do your due diligence before your purchase anything, unless you KNOW the seller or are confident in thier reputation....      :2cents:   

:iagree:  Some newbies may be great people but just not that interested in online forums,that shouldn`t mean they shouldn`t be allowed to sell parts here as some of them are good deals.
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Offline cowboy

• Denmark
    • CowboyCars.dk
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2008 - 05:35:01 PM »

As long as they are in the proper area, I'm good with it as is.  I don't want to miss any deals as I know there are members that join up that just want to sell stuff . . and if they come here first, then we have first dibbs on the stuff. 
I see alot of threads where members post their stuff here first before putting up on e-bay . . and why not??  It doesn't cost anything to sell the stuff here. 

:iagree:
MoPar's for Cruizin, Racing & Pro-touring: www.CowboyCars.dk

1930 Plymouth Hot Rod wannabe - 1957 DeSoto Fireflite Sportsman - 1967 RaceCuda  -  1968 Barracuda  -  1971 Challenger R/T Conv.

Offline KellysCuda aircard

• Its good to be blown
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2008 - 05:49:35 PM »
As long as they are in the proper area, I'm good with it as is.  I don't want to miss any deals as I know there are members that join up that just want to sell stuff . . and if they come here first, then we have first dibbs on the stuff.  I see alot of threads where members post their stuff here first before putting up on e-bay . . and why not??  It doesn't cost anything to sell the stuff here. 

Maybe if you sell something here and you have less than 100 posts, we charge you a 5% commission on the sale price.  Make your check out to my real name of Charles Ash.  You can just use my first initial and my last name!   :grinyes:

:iagree:  We want first dibs.

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2008 - 05:52:58 PM »

I'm with the "don't mind" people. If they have good products and services that can help members out then I say feel free to post. As someone mentioned, we get first dibs. If it's spam like posting, ie: non stop trying to sell their products in every category then for sure, something would have to be done. But, I don't see any harm in a newbie with 1 post coming here to sell their products, especially as it's for us. If they were selling cup cakes, clothes or shoe laces then that needs to be removed. :2cents: Like anything online, just be careful when dealing with unfamiliar people.
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2008 - 06:09:36 PM »
I guess I'm with OS on this one (hmm seems to happen alot).  But he11 the only stuff I've sold was to someone who knows OS!  :2cents: Ken thanks for the referal BTW!!! I think most of us know when we need a shovel, this is a pretty intelligent group of folks on this site!  :thumbsup:
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl