Author Topic: Soliciting OUR MEMBERS site?  (Read 7179 times)

Offline IMNCARN82

• Resident
  • LeDZeP
Re: Soliciting OUR MEMBERS site?
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2008 - 06:35:44 PM »
I can understand both sides. It's tough online. The first time I ever got anything from sombody here it was Alaskan T/A,a nice driver door handle. 20 bucks. A fellow MOPAR nutcase helping out another. That's how this site is. It's family. When someone with few or no posts decides to sell just be extra cautious. I wish I was better at getting back to people about stuff. I know I've dropped the ball once or twice. But overall it comes down to the person.This site is FULL of top notch people. Top notch cars,many getting saved by members. This site and people probably really help get many more old MOPARs back on the road. It's helped me alot.
'73 340 5 speed,RMS,BAER,... "Supercuda" (O[   ]||||[   ]O)  
'69 Dodge Charger 383,Auto                  (OiiiiiiiiiiIiiiiiiiiiiO)
13' Challenger R/T BlacktoP  6spd. (OO________OO)
71' Demon
75' Duster
87' Conquest TSI
56' Plaza
Boulder CO
Robert    "cuda bob"

Offline 422STROKER

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 6/3/06
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2008 - 08:04:34 PM »
I think that anyone can sell anything. 

Now, I also think that there should be a delay on the For-Sale ads to allow members first crack at it.  Maybe just a day or so, but I imagine that many guests come to look for parts. :2cents:

Tom :2thumbs:
Tom
12.77 @ 108.87 15" Street Drag radial tires 3.23 gear

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2008 - 09:31:00 PM »
Hey gang,

I am going to post  a link to Moparts about posting ads. Why Moparts you ask? Because they have been through some of the growing pains that this site is now going through and they have found ways to deal with many of the typical for sale / want ad problems. Adopting similar rules here seams advisable at this point.

That said;

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/3679362/an/A/page/0#Post3679362

Barry

Offline 422STROKER

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 6/3/06
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2008 - 09:36:21 PM »
That could work, but it would keep the MODS buuuuussssy!  LOL

Tom :rofl:
Tom
12.77 @ 108.87 15" Street Drag radial tires 3.23 gear

Offline go-fish

• Resident
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2008 - 09:46:40 PM »
Make it five posts. When I first joined I had at least 5 in the Newb section. They should stop in there at least and tell us about themselves.

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2008 - 10:08:29 PM »
I agree with most of the "no" folks for the most part.  While I do find it a little annoying, and even more insulting, I'd rather see the stuff get offered here.  I'd feel more strongly about letting them offer it here if they at least offered some good deals, were friendly, and not afraid of a little conversation (and I'll guess you guys know who I'm referring to).  When every post is nothing more than a sales spiel ... I can get that interaction from ebay.

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars

nivvy

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2008 - 03:46:48 AM »
I guess its really a 2 way street and buyer beware but I do guess we all know whats a good deal or not ........  :2cents:

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2008 - 05:49:17 AM »
Hey gang,

I am going to post  a link to Moparts about posting ads. Why Moparts you ask? Because they have been through some of the growing pains that this site is now going through and they have found ways to deal with many of the typical for sale / want ad problems. Adopting similar rules here seams advisable at this point.

That said;

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/3679362/an/A/page/0#Post3679362

Barry

Pretty simple rules really and the Mods here read every post anyway so it would only be slightly more house cleaning of the bad ads.
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2008 - 10:27:33 AM »
Just put Moparal in charge of the For Sale section.....he he.
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!

nivvy

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2008 - 10:38:03 AM »
Just put Moparal in charge of the For Sale section.....he he.

:iagree:   he would pull them over and write them a ticket real quick :scared:   :working:
« Last Edit: January 13, 2008 - 10:40:40 AM by StRoKer »

Offline alphabuck

• Pics of my project
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2008 - 11:33:28 AM »
my first post in this forum was in the cars wanted section.  an act which was met with disdain by a certain member.  it didnt seem to make any sense to me to introduce myself as a newbie when i didnt even own a darn challenger yet. 

nivvy

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2008 - 12:00:06 PM »
my first post in this forum was in the cars wanted section.  an act which was met with disdain by a certain member.  it didnt seem to make any sense to me to introduce myself as a newbie when i didnt even own a darn challenger yet. 

I dont think its that at all really.... it does however bother people when a so called member comes here and does nothing but solicit aka telemarketing / cold calls etc... we all hate that in the world... door to door salesman  :blah:

But hey buyer beware.... we know what a good deal is or not.......  :2cents:  :2thumbs:

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2008 - 12:28:56 PM »
I think if someone new comes here selling stuff, that's OK. It might be something you need. If that person is here to ONLY sell, and his stuff is junk, the word will get out to other members fast. Look at some of the vendors that get bad mouthed on here. I'm trying not to name names in that last statement.  :grinyes:

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

nivvy

« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2008 - 12:46:05 PM »
I think if someone new comes here selling stuff, that's OK. It might be something you need. If that person is here to ONLY sell, and his stuff is junk, the word will get out to other members fast. Look at some of the vendors that get bad mouthed on here. I'm trying not to name names in that last statement.  :grinyes:

Mike

:iagree:

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2008 - 12:46:52 PM »
Mike, I would agree with you but look what happened to NZ & fu#kborthers...& people keep buying from Jim's & I give the word every chance I see..

Da Bullitt
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!