Author Topic: Soliciting OUR MEMBERS site?  (Read 7182 times)

Offline LAA66

Re: Soliciting OUR MEMBERS site?
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2008 - 01:04:10 PM »
 I personally don't mind someone selling first off in the parts/cars for sale section. From what I've seen they get scrutinzed pretty thoroughly, possibly even more then a regular member would. I actually prefer the cross examination of a seller by the other more experienced members. It helps me determine the value of what is being offered.

Offline KellysCuda aircard

• Its good to be blown
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2008 - 01:59:45 PM »
 :iagree:   good point. Some of the members are really good shoppers...LOL.

nivvy

« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2008 - 02:37:10 PM »
:iagree:   good point. Some of the members are really good shoppers...LOL.

I think new members should hand out some free sample parts first then be allowed to sell.... all in favor say I :wave:

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2008 - 02:58:09 PM »
 :iagree:  :ylsuper:

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
  • My M46 Barracuda! Member Since:October 01, 2005
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2008 - 02:59:55 PM »
 :iagree: I have a list started on mine.   
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2008 - 03:36:28 PM »
my first post in this forum was in the cars wanted section.  an act which was met with disdain by a certain member.  it didnt seem to make any sense to me to introduce myself as a newbie when i didnt even own a darn challenger yet. 

Exactly, you shouldnt have to.  Since when do we need all this info from people before they can even want a friggin car?  Come on guys, we dont need to scrutinize people for selling things.  If you dont want it or think its too high priced, move on, its that simple! 

I'm with Barry on the Moparts thing.  Sure I reply in for sale posts, but they arent ever necessary.  I think that would solve a lot of problems.  Those rules are excellent, and are the requirement on most boards. 

CC.com is growing up, and it seems as though a few things need to change.   :2cents:

nivvy

« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2008 - 03:42:26 PM »
Exactly, you shouldnt have to.  Since when do we need all this info from people before they can even want a friggin car?  Come on guys, we dont need to scrutinize people for selling things.  If you dont want it or think its too high priced, move on, its that simple! 

I'm with Barry on the Moparts thing.  Sure I reply in for sale posts, but they arent ever necessary.  I think that would solve a lot of problems.  Those rules are excellent, and are the requirement on most boards. 

CC.com is growing up, and it seems as though a few things need to change.   :2cents:

I can relate to that......  :2cents: but I do think there is an issue that needs addresed.... I guess its just the site is growing  :2cents:   :drunk:

Offline asm74

« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2008 - 03:59:18 PM »
Perhaps we need to distinguish accounts that are established purely for commercial purposes, and maybe we need to further distinguish actual *businesses* setting up accounts for advertising purposes vs. people who are just clearing out their garage.  If theres a way to isolate those kinds of posts, like a board for business to post inventory and specials, that might be better, because then we can choose to view it or not.  It doesnt have to come up on the recent posts list, and it doesnt have to be open to discussion, just a simple "Heres my store, this is what I have, call me if you want." 
I tell ya, I'd rather have that that all these paper catalogs.  I can only line the cat's litter box so much.

73 Challenger

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2008 - 04:32:35 PM »
 :iagree:
*** Bart ***

nivvy

« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2008 - 04:35:59 PM »
why not make a commercial sales section .... works for me............  :2thumbs:

Go Packers

Offline hooD

• detroit iron
  • Resident
  • Motor City Made Muscle
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2008 - 09:18:31 PM »
Our members do an excellent job of policeing everything that is submitted to this site.  So, if a shady individual is selling junk, or making a nuisance of himself, he won't last long because of our dedication to keeping this place top notch. 

Newbie introductions are a good idea.  But I am member of other forums and have never felt the need to introduce myself to ask for information.  I personally have never sold anything here or anywhere.  I did feel very comfortable when I became member here, and I honestly felt compelled to go to the newbie section for my first post.  I'm glad I did.

I can see the real concern to keep this place as good as it can be, and the need to make changes may become necessary as growth continues.  But if too much red tape gets in the way, members may drift away, good and bad alike.   It is always good to discuss ideas and to get opinions from others.  This is a good example of what this topic is all about. 

I say 3 posts minimum anywhere on the forum, and buyer beware.  Buyers and sellers need to communicate with eachother and work out their own terms of transactions.   Create a BAN SELLER section on the forum if a member gets burned and tell the world.
-Larry
member since AUG 2007
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvrWiLgDm7Y

southeastern michigan usa

1973 'CUDA 340

original owner
37,117 miles

:grinyes: *click my E-Body* :grinyes:

Offline AprilsPink72Cuda

• Global Moderator
  • Resident
  • 1972 'Cuda 340/Wappingers Falls, NY
    • Klondike's Website (Check it out!)
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2008 - 06:11:57 PM »
I do like the idea of making it mandatory that the seller states price and location, and even a pic of the item for sale if possible.  If a seller is unsure how to post a picture, then can email me or another mod with an attached pic and i (we) can post it for them.  If the seller does not follow these rules, we can delete their posts.  We can put a sticky at the top of the classified threads titled MUST READ BEFORE PLACING AN AD, FAILURE TO DO SO MAY RESULT IN YOUR POST BEING DELETED!

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2008 - 06:40:27 PM »
That sounds good April. 
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2008 - 07:00:18 PM »
I do not like getting a sales pitch in a message without asking for parts.  I got three messages from flmopars and did not ask about any parts.  With the message count being low anyway.

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2008 - 08:30:14 PM »
I do like the idea of making it mandatory that the seller states price and location, and even a pic of the item for sale if possible.  If a seller is unsure how to post a picture, then can email me or another mod with an attached pic and i (we) can post it for them.  If the seller does not follow these rules, we can delete their posts.  We can put a sticky at the top of the classified threads titled MUST READ BEFORE PLACING AN AD, FAILURE TO DO SO MAY RESULT IN YOUR POST BEING DELETED!

Hi April,

Can you forward your suggestion onto the other moderators and get back to us with an answer please sweetie. :clapping:
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.