Author Topic: I guess we all have to start somewhere, newbie from Jacksonville Florida  (Read 2482 times)

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
Re: I guess we all have to start somewhere, newbie from Jacksonville Florida
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2008 - 03:10:17 PM »
Yeah, wth is a 2JZ?  ???

Welcome!   :wave:

Offline moparman11

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2008 - 03:27:33 PM »
Wel Stefan, Great looking project, good luck with it, John
1973 RALLYE CHALLENGER

Offline go-fish

• Resident
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2008 - 07:00:57 PM »
Yeah, wth is a 2JZ?  ???

Welcome!   :wave:

A bad Az$ Toyota Supra engine. I first learned what it was from Fast and the Furious. It IS a realy respectable engine in those circles but probably not here, in a cuda.

Offline FJ5_440

• Wisconsin
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2008 - 07:05:09 PM »
If you put a Toyota engine in a 71 Barracuda, you are going to need some thick skin. :bricks1:  I highly recommend finding the 440 4 speed instead. :2thumbs:
** Shane **

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2008 - 10:22:37 PM »
A bad Az$ Toyota Supra engine. I first learned what it was from Fast and the Furious. It IS a realy respectable engine in those circles but probably not here, in a cuda.

Thanks GF. 

A triple black cuda with a Japanese engine.  (Nothing wrong with Japanese engines), I DO however have a problem with one in a 'cuda.  I need your address, so I can come and gently express how I would feel about that.

Please tell me you are joking.  I dont care how fast it is, you will still be the laughingstock of the Mopar world. 

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2008 - 12:00:22 AM »
In a light car like a Supra the engine might be badazz but in a 'Cuda I bet it would fall on its face for lack of torque. Now if we were to put a 440 in a Supra............... :bigsmile:
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline elitecustombody

• Supra collector
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2008 - 12:13:35 AM »
Thanks guys for the warm welcome ,it's not a 100% that it will end up with 2JZ,but there is a good chance, I knew it from the start,I would have some Mopar nazis hating my idea, but it's my idea,the main reason why I'm thinking of going this route is because I already have this bult motor/turbo setup, and I know Supras like the back of my hand,owning 7 of them all at once kinda helps :bigsmile:,
 I feel like if I go with stroked small or big block or even HEMI,especially if I go with late model 6.1 HEMI,I would be almost copying someone, which I never like doing,my idea may be unorthodox,but it's my idea and my own car and it helps that I already have the motor which cost alot of $$ to build and detail,almost $5k in polishing and chroming alone.

It would have been a very good reason for me to go with a Mopar drivetrain if my car came with a big block or came with rare options,but it's just a 318 auto with a/c and p/s,so even if it was restored to OEM specs and all #s matching, it still wouldn't be that valuable in terms or resale,but my intentions are not to build a car and sell it, because I wanted a Cuda eversince I've seen one when I came to US almost 20 years ago, I just fell in love with the body style,and now I finally can build my own dream car with my own two hands just the way I want it,with better technology on the driveline,suspension,huge brakes,better steering,and a combination of custom made dash,console,door panels,headliner,subtle exterior body mods and a super slick paint job and oversized 3 piece custom wheels ,will set my Cuda apart from the rest.No offence to any of you guys, I know our cars are rare and as much as I love seeing all original numbers matching cars,I will end up doing alot of custom work to my car and I plan on driving it everyday,not hiding it under a car cover in a climate controlled garage,because I want to enjoy driving it :woo:

P.S. some of you guys (conv340)have already helped me to make a solid decision on suspension, and I hope to get more more valuable info in time to come, and I will try to do as much as I can to contribute to theese boards ,my main field is body and paint,I have worked with many different materials, paintlines,always like to try latest and newest things in autobody industry,so if you have a question on particular product, I may be able to help you in that department

Thanks again,guys    

Stefan  
Stefan B

Elite Custom Body = AMD Sheetmetal & Glass at great prices !!

Don't do what's easy, do what's right!!