Author Topic: Spring cleaning give away for resident members  (Read 8662 times)

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
Re: Spring cleaning give away for resident members
« Reply #60 on: January 14, 2008 - 11:59:35 PM »
Al, that's a heck of a gesture you're willing to do. :cheers: :grinyes:  It's nice to know there are many others in this hobby as what I experience around this small, country town.  Case in point, I've gotten a bunch of parts from my neighbor/bodyman's parts car for nothing (actually traded a couple motorcycles later & called it even), pulled the parts he was planning on getting off for his car, and was also given permission to pull the hood from it to give to another MoPar neighbor (he plans on supercharging it and didn't want to use his R/T bulge hood, so I pulled the flat hood before the remains were brought to the crusher).
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline OzCuda

« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2008 - 07:29:09 AM »
So not asking for help to go to college or get you on the right track, just a nice litle '71 Cuda to drive while you fix up the 70 Challenger you already own?  If things are that dire, i think the luxury of having a rare car is something that is going to have go on the backburner for a while.  Sort of tarnishes the positive intent of this offer to Al's long-standing friends on the C-C board.
'70 Barracuda

Offline IMNCARN82

• Resident
  • LeDZeP
« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2008 - 09:09:13 AM »
G-man,you are more important than ANY car. You need to get your stuff straight. Then the car will happen.I waited over 10 years for this. 10 YRS MAN!   I saved,worked,saved.  Worked 192 days straight for the last push to the buy. Then I looked around for over a year to find a car. This stuff does not just "happen"  If I would have had this car early in life,I would not be here.I'd a put it in a tree.  I didn't respect it enough.    It WILL happen. Robert.
'73 340 5 speed,RMS,BAER,... "Supercuda" (O[   ]||||[   ]O)  
'69 Dodge Charger 383,Auto                  (OiiiiiiiiiiIiiiiiiiiiiO)
13' Challenger R/T BlacktoP  6spd. (OO________OO)
71' Demon
75' Duster
87' Conquest TSI
56' Plaza
Boulder CO
Robert    "cuda bob"

Offline 360 'CUDA

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #63 on: January 15, 2008 - 06:02:27 PM »
There's gonna be a lot of jokes, and smiley-replys in the coming months!  ;D

:wave:

:lol:

Swedefish

« Reply #64 on: January 16, 2008 - 09:24:12 AM »
 :worshippy.
That is a very unselfish thing to do and shows what a warm hearted guy you are.
Slow down and take care of your health.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2008 - 09:26:22 AM by Swedefish »

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #65 on: January 16, 2008 - 09:47:13 AM »
I agree with Robert. we may love these cars, but even though we live it as a life style passionately, bottom line is that it is still a hobby. something that gets our hearts racing and makes us feel alive. this is not meant to belittle the way anyone feels, but at the ripe old age of 26, I couldnt feel more fortunate that i fully funded and labored over my '71 Challenger. In my eyes, the car is never "finished" its been 6 years since ive bought the car (it needed everything) and i am still wishing for parts.

As Rob said, he waited 10 years!! I know plenty of guys that are twice my age that are still struggling to get the car of their dreams. Sure, we would all love the idea of being granted the money to finish every little thing, but maybe the wait and slow progress is what defines our Love. Cherish that ONE car you have and take your time, you have acheived finding the car, now it will slowly come together. I know it may be easier for us here in America, but everyone has their own hurdles.

Now, think of your future first and the car will fall into place. Without that education, how are you going to fund such a pricey project? you will figure it out, i promise!

:bigshades:

{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline Pistol Gripper

• Resident
« Reply #66 on: January 16, 2008 - 10:02:12 AM »
Al,

Don't have a spare garage laying around do ya ?  LOL I think with a place to work on the Challenger, I have enough parts already to keep me busy.  My hat's off to you for what you're doing.  You're making the board a great place.

P.G.
O ne
B ig
A $$
M istake
A merica

Offline dougs bs23

« Reply #67 on: January 16, 2008 - 02:35:10 PM »
 :wavingflag:  Al for president  :woohoo:  :woohoo:  :woohoo:
see Bill run  go Navy football///fly navy

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
« Reply #68 on: January 16, 2008 - 03:14:50 PM »
Al

That is an awesome plan you got!  You might hold that keystone peice to a project that just might be out of reach for someone!  That is super bro!  I sure hope you can make it to Carlisle 09 so I can thank you for all your efforts in person for The Cuda Guy Project, you truly are a gift to us bro.

Don

PS Tony (fishin4cuda) is the president!  They said so at Carlisle!   :roflsmiley:

:stirpot: 
The Cuda Guy Project is on going!

Member Since January 14, 2002

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #69 on: January 16, 2008 - 09:35:22 PM »
PG, you can use my garage anytime you need to. as a matter of fact, my shop is open to any memeber needing a roof over them to do some work on their cars... I myself am no where near rich. Could of been , but don't want to be. Money creates greed. I wouldn't mind helping every member here any possible way I can, but there are so many, I dont have enough parts to help out everyone.  Also at any given time I just shoot stuff out in the mail. Helping feels so good to me that I enjoy knowing it helps. Most of the time I help out and not just this site. I am annonimus, even if I cant spell it.

If I have something I feel a member needs and really can't afford it and is not a resident, I don't mind helping out. So I hope knowbody takes this post wrong. I am just wanting to share some of the stuff I have left over from other toys I played with and dont really need them.  This stuff is not high dollar or pristine, it's just stuff that may help you get a bit closer to driving your car.

The 400 buck gift award every 30 days has to be resident status just for the trust sake. As I said , it is still in the workings and will have to be decided by the mods weather it will fly or not.  eventually if you like CC.C  you will be a resident anyways. This idea I have just keeps on working.

I never wanna be a pres, or given special anything. I am always like this as some who come over just find out anyways.  I work hard for a dollar, but have no value of it.   

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
« Reply #70 on: January 16, 2008 - 09:43:06 PM »
 :clapping: Good summary & response Alan,

How is work going, no worries buddy. :drunk:
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #71 on: January 16, 2008 - 09:44:01 PM »
Ya know Al when I bought that map light from you?
You don't know how happy I felt inside getting that part at such a reasonble low cost. Cost of living out here is murder for me. and it's things like that from you that make a good day great. I just wanted to let you know again how much I appreciated getting that.

And now you're going to make others feel like I did that day. Cheers to you.  :clapping:
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline BruteForce

• '72 Dodge Challenger 340 5spd
« Reply #72 on: January 18, 2008 - 05:01:19 AM »
Al, I think I have all the parts I need, I just have to put the brute together. But thank you for making this offer! It makes me feel good just reading this thread.

Offline IMNCARN82

• Resident
  • LeDZeP
« Reply #73 on: January 18, 2008 - 08:52:18 AM »
Al. People give me money for something I'd do for nothing...If I could. Unfortunatly I have bills n' things. But I know what you mean about money.I don't place a whole lot of value in it either.I bust my a$$,It comes easy.Helping people out is where it's at! The more money I have...the more problems.That's not what this is all about. I've been thinking about giving anything I have left. After this little fix-up is done. To this cause. To these cars. To anyone. The magic is in the cars. Someday I'll give my 'cuda away. Hopefully to someone here. That would be fitting.    Your friend,Robert.
'73 340 5 speed,RMS,BAER,... "Supercuda" (O[   ]||||[   ]O)  
'69 Dodge Charger 383,Auto                  (OiiiiiiiiiiIiiiiiiiiiiO)
13' Challenger R/T BlacktoP  6spd. (OO________OO)
71' Demon
75' Duster
87' Conquest TSI
56' Plaza
Boulder CO
Robert    "cuda bob"

Offline ViperMan

• Resident
  • 2017 Carlisle or BUST...
    • JS Custom Cars
« Reply #74 on: January 18, 2008 - 12:01:15 PM »
I wanna be a resident...   :-[  $400 is a couple 440 engine parts...

Jeff
2000 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe - 8.0L V10, 6-Speed Tremec
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited - Trail Rated - 4.7L V8, Auto
2010 Dodge Challenger SE Rallye - 3.5L V6, Auto (Wife's!)