Spring cleaning give away for resident members

Author Topic: Spring cleaning give away for resident members  (Read 8673 times)

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
Spring cleaning give away for resident members
« on: January 13, 2008 - 05:27:02 PM »
I am thinking around april I will have another 2 week break from work. And am considering giving all of the spare parts I have at home to resident members here. You will only pay for shipping and maybe 2 bucks for fuel for me to drive the 40 miles into town and back. These parts are intended to help the members here and not to get ahold of to resale for profit. I can't use them all and want to see them get used by some of you to help get that car on the road. I dont have a lot of things here in alabama but what I do have might help you.  Splash pans, bumpers, 4 speed parts, engine parts, emblems, chrome, fan shrouds, gears, pullies, bolts, brackets, just things that seem to get in my way lately. I have a few things promised out to members now, so these parts will be not on the picture list I will post in the spring.  Remember this is for resident members only so if you are not a resident now, you may be when spring hits.

I have also came up with a way to give each resident member 400 bucks a month 1 member a month for 20 months. This would be for anything you desire for your project, fuel to come to the shows, travel, what ever you want with it. Still thinking through the details a bit more before I get it down and talk with the mods..  I am hoping this will help some here that don't have the funds at times to buy like mags, or seat covers, or whatever it would be holding you back. But this will also be for residents only.  I have had some discussions about this already with members in private, and they feel it would work and like the idea.

Offline Oldschool

• Administrator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 9-05-06
Re: Spring cleaning give away for resident members
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2008 - 05:30:10 PM »
That is very nice of you Al....    :cheers:   
Ken  --  In Georgia

MOPAR-------"Built To Run------Here To Stay"

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2008 - 05:31:29 PM »
Wow, Al, I had to read this twice before it sank in.   :o

You have to be one of the nicest guys on the planet.  You are a very kind gentleman with a heart of gold.  :thumbsup:  :grinyes:
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2008 - 05:36:58 PM »
This is a generous offer you made Al.  :2thumbs:
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline Ornamental

• Oslo, Norway
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2008 - 05:49:20 PM »
Wow, that about left me speechless, so I'll just agree with Super Blue 72 here. 
Wow, Al, I had to read this twice before it sank in.   :o

You have to be one of the nicest guys on the planet.  You are a very kind gentleman with a heart of gold.  :thumbsup:  :grinyes:
:iagree:

Panther Pink '72 Challenger Rallye.
Grey '70 Challenger R/T

-There are two kinds of pedestrians: The quick and the dead.

***Per Arne***

Offline 73Chally

• Resident
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2008 - 05:53:24 PM »
Very nice, indeed.   :2thumbs:

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2008 - 05:54:44 PM »
As I get older, I move around less and less. I just need 1 or 2 cars fixed up to enjoy my ( golden yrs) with arthritis and old injuries taking it's toll on me, I thought it would be nice to share some of my stuff I dont need. It really isn't about money as some of you have noticed.

I had 200 mopar cars yrs back and decided one day I was giving them away to friends. My junkyard was always being vandalized by strangers going down the interstate, so I opened the gates one day after telling my friends for a month and you should of seen the reactions. Some were manualy carrying dana 60's by hand, go wings, and what ever they could get. yearone bought all the dash pads, restro shops were cutting out firewalls and hard to find parts. It was a very good memory for me. I enjoyed it and never had a sad thought about it.

In the future, I look forward to repairing some of your cars. I may retire from this job next year. I am looking at a building now that I may rent or buy on a main road. I am considering opening up a hp automotive store, mopar specific and also accessories for everything else. Going through the details and costs now.  

I have given to friends more then most anybody would ever own. Just something I enjoy doing. And for the most part, the things I am giving away are all mostly under 100 bucks, so no big deal there. But it will be for resident members only, the members that have and will be around cc.c for years 2 come.
The 400 buck idea I am sure will be liked by everyone, but it will be for select resident members. It would be nice if it would work with all members, but I don't see it working that way.  But 400 bucks buys those t/a radials you needed , slicks, new chrome....you name it.. It will be easy to implicate once I start it in motion. You can live anywhere. But must be a member in good standing. IE.... particpate in posting a bit every week.   MORE LATER.

Offline scf100

• FAST LANE FOREVER!
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2008 - 06:03:10 PM »
WOW THATS AWESOME! :wow:

I could use a rear valance with dual exhaust cutouts for my 70 RT/SE...got one?

Thanks, Stuart
1970 Challenger R/T convertible 383…. 4-speed…3.91 suregrip

Triple Black

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
  • My M46 Barracuda! Member Since:October 01, 2005
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2008 - 06:03:27 PM »
Hey Alan,

That is very nice of you to do that.  I have had several friends like you in the past and have gotten a lot of things for either free or just about free from them including very nice things like engines and more.  

Gordon
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline 422STROKER

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 6/3/06
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2008 - 06:04:12 PM »
Well, I don't know what to say. :faint:

Once again You have amazed Me!

Good for You Al, I hope it works out for You.

400 Bucks is no joke so I'm sure that Whoever gets the $$$ will appreciate it forever!

Thanks
Tom :2thumbs:
Tom
12.77 @ 108.87 15" Street Drag radial tires 3.23 gear

Offline cowboy

• Denmark
    • CowboyCars.dk
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2008 - 06:08:44 PM »
-
Very nice, indeed. 

But, 51, that a'int gettin old,  :clueless:  then I'm old next year, -  :pullinghair:    :smilielol:

""I am considering opening up a hp automotive store"" Well - well, - then you could make all of us overseas members a great help....

Gattering up on the stuff we buy in the US, and ship it to us..

The shipping prices is killing us, small stuff from 2 or 3 different places, and a mountain of $ in shipping to each of them.

Then you do something for the non-residents aswell... That to would be Very nice aswell... :ylsuper:

MoPar's for Cruizin, Racing & Pro-touring: www.CowboyCars.dk

1930 Plymouth Hot Rod wannabe - 1957 DeSoto Fireflite Sportsman - 1967 RaceCuda  -  1968 Barracuda  -  1971 Challenger R/T Conv.

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2008 - 06:21:28 PM »
hey guys, how long does it take to become a resident? im a "full member" at the moment,  :roflsmiley: i said member. anyway, this is a really cool idea.
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline 422STROKER

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 6/3/06
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2008 - 06:23:00 PM »
hey guys, how long does it take to become a resident? im a "full member" at the moment,  :roflsmiley: i said member. anyway, this is a really cool idea.

I think it is 2K posts?

Tom :22yikes:
Tom
12.77 @ 108.87 15" Street Drag radial tires 3.23 gear

Offline Ornamental

• Oslo, Norway
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2008 - 06:24:05 PM »
-
Very nice, indeed. 

But, 51, that a'int gettin old,  :clueless:  then I'm old next year, -  :pullinghair:    :smilielol:

""I am considering opening up a hp automotive store"" Well - well, - then you could make all of us overseas members a great help....

Gattering up on the stuff we buy in the US, and ship it to us..

The shipping prices is killing us, small stuff from 2 or 3 different places, and a mountain of $ in shipping to each of them.

Then you do something for the non-residents aswell... That to would be Very nice aswell...
:ylsuper:
My father is 75, and he's not old. Might be retired, but don't try to tell him that he's getting old.

cowboy, why don't you send a mail to Jetcarrier, and ask if they can help you out too?
They ship both via air and sea, and are reasonably priced. You get your own address in New Jersey, which is very helpful for dealing with sellers who won't ship outside USA.
Check this out: http://www.jetcarrier.net/faq/index.php?action=artikel&cat=1&id=33&artlang=nb&highlight=danmark
Here's some more info: http://www.jetcarrier.com/info/aboutus.asp

Grey '70 Challenger R/T

***Per Arne***

Offline Ornamental

• Oslo, Norway
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2008 - 06:25:35 PM »
I think it is 2K posts?

Tom :22yikes:
There's gonna be a lot of jokes, and smiley-replys in the coming months!  ;D
Grey '70 Challenger R/T

***Per Arne***