Author Topic: Thanks to all at CC.com from this newbie  (Read 2591 times)

Offline darkhawk

Thanks to all at CC.com from this newbie
« on: January 16, 2008 - 12:57:17 PM »
Just felt the need to thank everyone on this board for the way it is.  I don't see the snide and nasty comments that you see on other boards and the information and the folks are great.  After reading Al's post about spring cleaning and seeing everyones comments I can't wait till the day I can give back the way everyone is giving to each other.  Being new I can't get enough of this board, I will try to post more and be more of a contributor rather than a reader.  I read it every day for the information on cudas and specifically restoring my own.  It was a long wait but at 46 I finally got one and tinker every day with it.  This site is the perfect companion for me since everyone is supportive, informative and patient.  I haven't been a mopar maniac my whole life but I've always regretted not buying the first cuda I ever saw.  A 74 360 when I was 17.  Just as well being young and stupid I would have done it a disserrvice.  Anyway just needed to say thanks.  The information and folks on this board are amazing.
Nigel
73 Cuda
65 Valiant Convertible
04 Dakota

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
Re: Thanks to all at CC.com from this newbie
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008 - 01:06:30 PM »
I havent even been here a year yet, but i can say you are more than welcome from all of us!!

we're kind of all helping eachother through this one!!  :2thumbs:

{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
  • My M46 Barracuda! Member Since:October 01, 2005
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008 - 01:11:13 PM »
Your welcome and if you need anything you can ask anything.  I have been here for some time and I have learned a lot of things myself even being with Mopars all my life.  I have had over 20 e-bodies in my time and look forward to getting more and more over time.  I am 52 and still a mopar maniac for sure.  Like I said we all help each other,  some of use are old enough that we forget things and some still remember and remind us of what we forgot.  Gordon
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2008 - 01:51:53 PM »
It's good to hear you're enjoying your stay thus far! :2thumbs:  I've been here since I was 16 (now 22) and was originally from Dodge-Charger.com (had a '69 project that was more rust than anything) and actually got sent here from a couple members at D-C.com.  Needless to say, I used the advice I was given to purchase my '73 Challenger and have never looked back since. :grinno:  After meeting quite a few of the current and past members at Carlisle '04 & '05, it's safe to say it's literally a second family as everyone I've met are great people with a similar passion for these cars.
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2008 - 01:55:52 PM »
Just felt the need to thank everyone on this board for the way it is.  I don't see the snide and nasty comments that you see on other boards and the information and the folks are great.  After reading Al's post about spring cleaning and seeing everyones comments I can't wait till the day I can give back the way everyone is giving to each other.  Being new I can't get enough of this board, I will try to post more and be more of a contributor rather than a reader.  I read it every day for the information on cudas and specifically restoring my own.  It was a long wait but at 46 I finally got one and tinker every day with it.  This site is the perfect companion for me since everyone is supportive, informative and patient.  I haven't been a mopar maniac my whole life but I've always regretted not buying the first cuda I ever saw.  A 74 360 when I was 17.  Just as well being young and stupid I would have done it a disserrvice.  Anyway just needed to say thanks.  The information and folks on this board are amazing.

DH

Hey bro no kidding, we are glad to have you aboard!

Cuda Guy
The Cuda Guy Project is on going!

Member Since January 14, 2002

Offline Jacksboys

• Sr. Resident
  • Here Since 08/28/06 GEORGIA
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2008 - 02:21:54 PM »
This is the best car site on the web.   :2thumbs:
1971 Dodge Challenger:  360/904/3.23

Success is the maximum utilization of the ability that you have. - Zig Ziglar

Offline R/T hedkace

• Resident
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2008 - 02:32:23 PM »
Glad you are hanging around darkhawk  :thumbsup:
The majority here are very helpful, and have a lot to contribute to those who need it.
I, for one have learned a ton from this group of loyal, and dedicated Mopar lovers.
It's what seperates "us" from the "others"  :grinyes:
 It just get any better than this site........... period.  :cheers:

Jeff     
    Defending the Earth from "uptight" mods!!   an endless crusade..........

1970 Dodge Challenger R/T 440 4speed Dana
1970 Dodge Super Bee
1969 Barracuda
 Massachusetts

Offline MyMopar

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2008 - 02:47:58 PM »
This is the best car site on the web.   :2thumbs:
:iagree:
1969 (OO===]|[===OO)
1973 (OO/=====\OO) <---SOLD
1997 (O|||||O) <---SOLD

Smoke tires, not drugs!

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2008 - 03:17:47 PM »
Welcome darkhawk & I could not agree with you more..great bunch of folks... I hate to be the one to do it BUT...

:useless:  :useless:  :useless:  :useless:  :useless:  :useless:  :useless:  :useless:  :useless:  :useless:

Show us what ya got.

Da Bullitt  :wave:

Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2008 - 03:28:11 PM »
Hellooooooooooooo Darkhawk, :wave:

Welcome & i am looking forward to your posts............... :2thumbs:
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline darkhawk

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2008 - 03:35:31 PM »
I did officially introduce myself a couple of months ago in the newbie section but here is a picture of my 73 before I put her away for the winter.  Everything removed but glass doors and powetrain.  That will happen in the spring.  I've been working on my interior panels, upholstery and console this winter.  The 440 is waiting to go to the machine shop next fall.  Rollout to be Spring 2009.
Nigel
73 Cuda
65 Valiant Convertible
04 Dakota

Offline Slotts

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2008 - 03:50:17 PM »
... I hate to be the one to do it BUT...

Hi darkhawk, :2thumbs:

Let me address this quote above, first. Don't buy the "hate to do it, But..." line (Remember, everything before the "But" is BS :lol: ). Bullitt was the first one to welcome me to this site in my newbie thread and I got hit with the same thing! :roflsmiley:

He did set me straight on the whole picture thing very quickly. ;)

I feel the same about being a member here. A good place to ask questions and receive answers without an attitude.
Also, enjoy the humor. There's a lot of that flying around here, too!

Slotts

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2008 - 05:27:05 PM »
Welcome, never too old or too young to get into Mopars. I was "indroduced" to Mopars when 17 when my cousins supposedly hot cheeby saw nothing but tail lights from a 63 Polara with a stock 383 4bl. . At the time I thought that 63 was the d@mn uglyist car on the street  :roflsmiley: But could it ever run  :wow:  Two years later in 1965 I had my first Mopar......................I was 61 last June and I still think and dream like I was 17, thanks to my Mopars. Now if I just looked and felt like I was 17.................  :roflsmiley:  :smilielol:
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline AprilsPink72Cuda

• Global Moderator
  • Resident
  • 1972 'Cuda 340/Wappingers Falls, NY
    • Klondike's Website (Check it out!)
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2008 - 06:52:38 PM »
I am so glad that you are having a good time here.  When I found this place I thought the addiction to this site was just cause it was all new to me, but let me tell ya, it gets worse!  Soon enough these people will be like family to you!

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2008 - 07:12:47 PM »
Glad you could join us & Glad to help where I can
definatly one big family here :2thumbs:

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t