Author Topic: Have you ever been a juror?  (Read 3177 times)

Offline heminut

• Resident
  • owner of the poor man's Hemi Cuda
Re: Have you ever been a juror?
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2008 - 10:15:37 AM »
I've been called up twice but got sent home pretty quick, usually right after they asked my occupation (police officer,now retired). What's up with that? :walkaway:

And yeah, I've been in a couple of line-ups too! :smokin:
1970 5.7 Hemi Cuda

Offline Challenger6pak

• Resident
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2008 - 10:33:44 AM »
I've been called up twice but got sent home pretty quick, usually right after they asked my occupation (police officer,now retired). What's up with that? :walkaway:

And yeah, I've been in a couple of line-ups too! :smokin:
Sounds to me like an atorney was trying to get someone out of what they did and thought you would be able to see right through the arguments.
1969 Sport Satellite H code convertible, 1970 Cuda 440+6, 1970 Challenger R/T 440+6, 1970 Challenger 383 R/T auto, 1970 Challenger R/T 383 4 speed,1971 Challenger convertible.

Offline plumcrazy704406

« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2008 - 07:42:14 PM »
Have been hit a few times now! Think I'm on the permanent list up here! Actually got polled for a case and recognized the accused. I still don't know if the judge believed me or not. Anyhow, I was excused from that polling, put back in the pool and sent home the next day with a thank-you, We won't be needed this week. But then they said, come back real soon!
Figure that!
 :roflsmiley: :roflsmiley: :roflsmiley:
This thought may not be politically correct, but is an opinion offered. It may be correct? or it may be wrong? It is not designed to appease those needing shelter from the real world.

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2008 - 07:43:38 PM »
I've served on a boring civil case. I am currently on the call list for 2008. I haven't been called yet, but the year's not out yet. I have been dismissed from all crminal cases when they asked if I have ever been robbed before and I answer with a question....which time would you like to know about?? That doesn't work for civil cases. :smilielol: I work for the federal government and they give you your full pay while on jury duty. Even though the cases can be boring, I find it part of my civic duty and a break from my sometimes boring job!! :bananasmi

Matt B.
Matt

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2008 - 09:35:50 PM »
I was selected as a juror today and it'll be a boring case.  :sleeping:

I've served on a boring civil case. I am currently on the call list for 2008. I haven't been called yet, but the year's not out yet. I have been dismissed from all crminal cases when they asked if I have ever been robbed before and I answer with a question....which time would you like to know about?? That doesn't work for civil cases. :smilielol: I work for the federal government and they give you your full pay while on jury duty. Even though the cases can be boring, I find it part of my civic duty and a break from my sometimes boring job!! :bananasmi

Matt B

:iagree:
Yeah a break from work won't hurt. This gets me the chance to go with my friend to Pinks all out this Friday at Infineon I'll get a pit pass inside with him.  :woo:

Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2008 - 12:38:02 AM »
Long Story short:
Old man in a 86 New Yorker rear ended Romanian family in their Toyota Sienna. 66 dollars damage to his car. Just the license plate frame and bezel broken on his car. They claim their car is totalled and sold already and all 4 have soft tissue damage; neck back and shoulders. They see Dr.s and Chiropractors. Too many holes in their testimonies throughout the trial. Evidence was not conclusive to support the families side of the story. In the end, they seek 50k in pain and suffering and medical damages.

We the jury voted 12-0 in favor of the old man and unanomously told them to pound sand for retributions they seek.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline heminut

• Resident
  • owner of the poor man's Hemi Cuda
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2008 - 11:02:32 AM »

We the jury voted 12-0 in favor of the old man and unanomously told them to pound sand for retributions they seek.

Good job! This frivolus lawsuit crap has gotten WAY out of hand! :2thumbs:
1970 5.7 Hemi Cuda

Offline Pistol Gripper

• Resident
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2008 - 11:17:51 AM »
I'm on call for Dec. 08. 

Not sure if I want to serve over the Holidays or not.  If I do, I hope it's at least a little interesting.

P.G.
O ne
B ig
A $$
M istake
A merica