Author Topic: Caravan from 4C's?  (Read 2106 times)

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
Caravan from 4C's?
« on: January 18, 2008 - 01:58:38 PM »
Hey 4C, what day during the week do you guys leave your place to go to Carlisle?  If I ride with Mark, he said we'd probably meet up with you guys.  Just wondering where this is, and what time.  This may ultimately tell me if I can go or not.  Thanks!   :icon16:

Offline ViperMan

• Resident
  • 2017 Carlisle or BUST...
    • JS Custom Cars
Re: Caravan from 4C's?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008 - 02:13:54 PM »
I'd join in too, but those last 20 minutes are the hardest part of the trek...

:)
2000 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe - 8.0L V10, 6-Speed Tremec
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited - Trail Rated - 4.7L V8, Auto
2010 Dodge Challenger SE Rallye - 3.5L V6, Auto (Wife's!)

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2008 - 01:09:05 AM »
I'd join in too, but those last 20 minutes are the hardest part of the trek...:)

LMAO!  Plus with the directions you give, you'll be late!   :screwy:

Hey 4C, what day during the week do you guys leave your place to go to Carlisle?  If I ride with Mark, he said we'd probably meet up with you guys.  Just wondering where this is, and what time.  This may ultimately tell me if I can go or not.  Thanks!   :icon16:

We usually leave on Thursday morning as it's about 9 hours to Carlisle and if we get going around 9'ish, (wait let me do the math ) we should arrive somewhere around 6:00 pm.  Hopefully just in time for dinner with the gang!  I think we usually head for dinner around 7:30 or 8.  You guys can come in a day early if you want and camp out here.  Then we can get up fresh and head out for the show.  I am located just west of Detroit about 1 hour drive.  Its a straight shot down to Ohio and then hit the turnpike all the way to Carlisle!  Lots of fun!   :cheers:

Offline hooD

• detroit iron
  • Resident
  • Motor City Made Muscle
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2008 - 01:57:01 AM »

We usually leave on Thursday morning as it's about 9 hours to Carlisle and if we get going around 9'ish, (wait let me do the math ) we should arrive somewhere around 6:00 pm.  Hopefully just in time for dinner with the gang!  I think we usually head for dinner around 7:30 or 8.  You guys can come in a day early if you want and camp out here.  Then we can get up fresh and head out for the show.  I am located just west of Detroit about 1 hour drive.  Its a straight shot down to Ohio and then hit the turnpike all the way to Carlisle!  Lots of fun!   :cheers:

What is the date of the day you're leaving?  Do you take I-75 south to Ohio?  Cuz if you do, you go right past my place around exit 30.  What speed do you drive at on the turnpike?  I have 3.91's and the RPMs kinda get high at highway cruising.  Anyway, just curious, I'm not even sure if I could get the time off from work to go.  But its nice thinking about it.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2008 - 01:59:12 AM by hooD »
-Larry
member since AUG 2007
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvrWiLgDm7Y

southeastern michigan usa

1973 'CUDA 340

original owner
37,117 miles

:grinyes: *click my E-Body* :grinyes:

Offline ViperMan

• Resident
  • 2017 Carlisle or BUST...
    • JS Custom Cars
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2008 - 03:03:07 PM »

:walkaway:

We didn't get LOST - we just too longer to enjoy the scenery and weather.  :P

Jeff
2000 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe - 8.0L V10, 6-Speed Tremec
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited - Trail Rated - 4.7L V8, Auto
2010 Dodge Challenger SE Rallye - 3.5L V6, Auto (Wife's!)

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2008 - 06:51:29 PM »
4c, what town are you in?  I'll Mapquest it, and figure out how long it would take me to get there.  I'm not sure if Mark is going to be up by the UP or down by Platteville though.  Platteville would at least be sort of on the way for me.   :-\

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2008 - 06:52:15 PM »
What is the date of the day you're leaving?  Do you take I-75 south to Ohio?  Cuz if you do, you go right past my place around exit 30.  What speed do you drive at on the turnpike?  I have 3.91's and the RPMs kinda get high at highway cruising.  Anyway, just curious, I'm not even sure if I could get the time off from work to go.  But its nice thinking about it.

July 10th is the day we'll be headed out for the show.  I usually run down US23 to 75 and then the turnpike.  You are welcome to join in!!  3.91's could be tough for 9 hours, do you have a truck and trailer??  I took my 3.55's and it was a pain in the ass.  I trailered the car last year.   I'd probably drive the convertible if I had the chance, thats a great highway car!   :grinyes:

I'm in Howell, Michigan 48843

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2008 - 09:47:05 PM »
From my house to yours:

Estimated Time: 10.0 hours 6 minutes
Estimated Distance: 635 mi

From yours to Carlisle:

Estimated Time: 7.0 hours 52 minutes
Estimated Distance: 498 mi

Total:

Total Time: 17.0 hours 58 minutes
Total Distance: 1133 mi

:faint:

It would take 2 hours of driving off if we didnt stop at your place 4C, but I would think the two hours would be worth it to rest for the night.   :grinyes:  If I left in the morning, would easily make it to your place by night, even with meeting up with Mark, wherever he is at the time. 

Hood, drop some 2.76's in there, and lets go!   :cooldancing: :burnout:

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2008 - 12:09:26 AM »
Well you hit the distance about right on as the last couple times I went there, I tracked it and it is just about exactly 500 miles from my house to the hotel.  I think 505 was about right since I'm about 5 miles to the expressway.   :grinyes:  :thumbsup: