Author Topic: barrett-jackson auction prices  (Read 14245 times)

Offline chevyconvert

• HvacMan
  • Member since November 04, 2005
Re: barrett-jackson auction prices
« Reply #90 on: January 22, 2008 - 01:10:17 AM »
Some of you may recall that leading up to the first televised BJ auction Craig Jackson had gatherered together (invested in) Hemi- ebodies.
Every interview had a hemi-cuda behind him in the background and that's all he talked about
...hemi-cuda this...hemi cuda that...located the original hemi engine in England etc...
And lo and behold ...the hemi cuda's shot through the roof. He's no fool. He's a self promoter and a good one at that.

He treats Carrol Shelby like royalty (no disrespect to CS) and talks up the shelby's mustangs greatness for the last couple of years...says things like:
"now the '69 and '70's Shelby rustangs that used to be looked down upon are definitely worth a bazillion dollar$"...
and they shoot through the roof...what a surprise.

Anyone want to bet he owns a few of them :dunno:
Eric
'70 Hemi Orange RT/SE 440 Six Pack Pistol-Grip 4 speed
Bay Area California

Offline hemi71

• Resident
« Reply #91 on: January 22, 2008 - 08:39:28 AM »
 :iagree:

Ford also sponsored the event, while Mopar sponsored RS. Notice the new Challenger was on the block after 11PM EST, while the new Vette and Cobra were in prime time east coast. Think that was just luck of the draw?

Offline back n black

« Reply #92 on: January 22, 2008 - 10:08:10 AM »
I went to both Barrett Jackson and RSteele auctions this past weekend.  At both places, auction prices were off.  Mopars looked at bit soft everywhere except the wing cars and trans am cars.

Offline ohio cuda

« Reply #93 on: January 22, 2008 - 07:55:32 PM »
Item 1041 1970 AAR Cuda went for $100,000. at BJ. I was there and took a lots of pictures. On this one the hood wasn't painted correctly as shown in the picture. Keep in mind their are 4 auctions going on at different locations. They look much better on TV than they do up close.

Offline ohio cuda

« Reply #94 on: January 22, 2008 - 08:00:15 PM »
How's this for a nicely detailed engine bay? This Mopar was at SILVER auction

Offline ohio cuda

« Reply #95 on: January 22, 2008 - 08:08:59 PM »
Item 1356 had more sloppy nicks and pi,ple but still got $125000.00

Offline Moparmatt

• Resident
  • Mopar or No Car - Member Since 10/09/03
« Reply #96 on: January 23, 2008 - 12:13:53 AM »
The prices at Barrett-Jackson, while less than last year, were still ridiculous.

BTW- Who saw when they auctioned that "robosaurus" thing and Craig Jackson bid on it. I was so disappointed that, after they tried and tried to get another bid for five minutes that someone else bid. I was quite looking forward to seeing him squirm after getting stuck with a 450k monstrosity.

Offline Black340

• 1973 challenger 340 4 Speed
« Reply #97 on: January 23, 2008 - 12:34:58 AM »
Keep in mind their are 4 auctions going on at different locations.

4 actions at different locations?..wow that shows how little I know.. I always believe that the only location was the one that they show on TV :dunno:

hannah

« Reply #98 on: January 23, 2008 - 01:05:05 AM »
So many auctions so little money...

Seems weird to have Barret-Jackson, Russo & Steele, RM, Gooding & Company auctions all in the same week but I guess no one wants to be last auction and this way perspective buyers would buy tickets at each auction house

ESPN Classic and ESPN2 are suppose to be running episodes of the Russo & Steel auction for 10 hours Sunday on classic...starts first thing in the morning 8am ET and goes till 6pm and ESPN2 will run on Thursday at 2pm and Saturday at 10am I think these are ET but am sure it states on ESPN website

Offline cudagirl4406pk

• Yes i am a Girl and No you cant drive my CUDA
    • Garageartmusclecars
« Reply #99 on: January 23, 2008 - 06:12:58 AM »
So many auctions so little money...

Seems weird to have Barret-Jackson, Russo & Steele, RM, Gooding & Company auctions all in the same week but I guess no one wants to be last auction and this way perspective buyers would buy tickets at each auction house

ESPN Classic and ESPN2 are suppose to be running episodes of the Russo & Steel auction for 10 hours Sunday on classic...starts first thing in the morning 8am ET and goes till 6pm and ESPN2 will run on Thursday at 2pm and Saturday at 10am I think these are ET but am sure it states on ESPN website

Is this going to be from the lastest auction they did last week?
Yes i am a girl and no you cant drive my MOPAR :)

Offline ChallengerGary

• Resident
    • Challenger Gary
« Reply #100 on: January 23, 2008 - 07:48:11 AM »
Maybe it can become a hobby again since the prices are coming down. :money:

:iagree:
2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Mega Cab 5.7 Hemi

1972 Dodge Demon - "new" project

AND TOO MANY OTHER MOPARS THROUGH MY HANDS TO COUNT

hannah

« Reply #101 on: January 23, 2008 - 09:05:35 AM »
Is this going to be from the lastest auction they did last week?

When I was initially told about it I was of the understanding it was from last weeks auction...doing my own search it doesn't seem to be the case

So much for getting a peek of the going ons in the tent down the street :walkaway:

Offline KZ

« Reply #102 on: January 23, 2008 - 10:56:26 AM »
Not sure about this auctioneer but here's another link

http://www.mecumauction.com/

does anyone have any experience (good or bad)?

Offline Black340

• 1973 challenger 340 4 Speed
« Reply #103 on: January 23, 2008 - 12:07:06 PM »
When I was initially told about it I was of the understanding it was from last weeks auction...doing my own search it doesn't seem to be the case

So much for getting a peek of the going ons in the tent down the street :walkaway:

Well ..even if is from last year is going to be interesting for comparison with BJ's

Offline matt63

« Reply #104 on: January 23, 2008 - 12:37:41 PM »
I was at B-J last week and it was very well organized and a terrific event.  I didn't pay much attention to the auction prices as there are so many cars to look at outside.  I had intended to go to Russo which is close by but I ran out of time as I purchased another car (non-Mopar) locally.  I did drive by Russo and could see that there were alot of nice muscle cars there.  Someone told me that many of the Mopar guys went there.  Here's my new ride:
Matt in Edmonton

'68 Valiant
'73 Cuda 340 4 speed (408) SOLD