Author Topic: barrett-jackson auction prices  (Read 14278 times)

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
  • My M46 Barracuda! Member Since:October 01, 2005
Re: barrett-jackson auction prices
« Reply #75 on: January 20, 2008 - 07:02:03 PM »
I think the whole B-J auction has become a circus event.  What's up with 18,000 (or so it seemed) Shelby Mustangs up there this year?  And, they just seemed to pick and choose what cars they wanted to help bid up.  On a side note, what was the deal with the lady begging for people to bid on the Challenger?  I understand it was about the charity, but to me it kind of made the Challenger look like a 2nd rate car that needed help.

:iagree:  At least too big for there pants anyway.
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline JS27N0B

• Resident
  • Member since Jan 28th 2003.
« Reply #76 on: January 20, 2008 - 07:23:46 PM »

I think he really wanted the first production car as it will never go down in value although it will be a LONG time till its worth more than 400k.

It's number one out of 10,000?  I can't see it being worth that much more than the rest of them.  What about the first 6.4L with a 6spd or the 6.1L manual trans cars that will be built for sure? More performance usually brings a higher dollar down the road.How about the pilot and developmental cars driving around right now? I bet if those end up in the publics hands down the road they will be worth something. Boss was there and I heard that there was a big media hype outside the tent about the buyer of Challenger #1, seems to me Craig bought himself some good advertising. 
My boss bought 1049 a 60 New Yorker convertible to balance out all the muscle cars he has now. he thinks the prices were about 50K less than last year as he was looking at these last year as well.
1970 Challenger R/T Convertible 383/auto 1 of 516 *now sold after owning for 18yrs
2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited AWD
2013 Tige' RZR 343hp
2016 PCP Challenger SRT Hellcat

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #77 on: January 20, 2008 - 08:26:52 PM »
It's number one out of 10,000?  I can't see it being worth that much more than the rest of them.  What about the first 6.4L with a 6spd or the 6.1L manual trans cars that will be built for sure? More performance usually brings a higher dollar down the road.How about the pilot and developmental cars driving around right now? I bet if those end up in the publics hands down the road they will be worth something. Boss was there and I heard that there was a big media hype outside the tent about the buyer of Challenger #1, seems to me Craig bought himself some good advertising. 
My boss bought 1049 a 60 New Yorker convertible to balance out all the muscle cars he has now. he thinks the prices were about 50K less than last year as he was looking at these last year as well.

Oh I agree totally but since it has been so long since there were real Challengers they are thinking the first one offered for public consumption will be something special, a collectors item.
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline cooda

« Reply #78 on: January 20, 2008 - 08:35:05 PM »
I think the whole B-J auction has become a circus event.  What's up with 18,000 (or so it seemed) Shelby Mustangs up there this year?  And, they just seemed to pick and choose what cars they wanted to help bid up.  On a side note, what was the deal with the lady begging for people to bid on the Challenger?  I understand it was about the charity, but to me it kind of made the Challenger look like a 2nd rate car that needed help.

Shelby Mustangs? Well don't you know that FORD sponsers the BJ telecasts? I don't care about all the customs and wierd stuff, which seem to be getting more dominant in their auction, but it is CLEAR that the Mopars are down, at least at that auction.

After the black/black #'s 4 speed Hemicuda went for $ 245,000, the other 2 real Hemicudas went for $ 150,000 and $ 155,000, both numbers cars, one a rotissorie restored red 4 speed car.

Good news for people wanting to buy a Mopar I guess. But it looked like to me that a lot of other cars were down also. The CEO gave a rosy speech at the end, but I think that BJ may be going down also. Ok with me, except its fun to watch on TV.
70 black/black "R" Code Hemicuda, automatic, Super Trac Pac 4.10 Dana, pdb
67 Top Flight Corvette 4 speed silver small block #s roadster
2002 6 speed silver Pontiac Trans Am SLP Firehawk
2008 Red Z06 Corvette
2002 Blue Lexus SC-430 retractable HT- Wife's car

Offline cooda

« Reply #79 on: January 20, 2008 - 08:50:43 PM »
I talked to a buddy of mine last night and he is at Russo and Steele which is down the street from BJ at same time and they have just as many if not more high profile muscle cars there...he talked to several sellers there who said they would not take a car back to BJ because of low prices and the no reserve circus......he saw 6 E-body hemi cars at Russo....he said the cars there are selling for more money then BJ....

I went to the Russo and Steele website- I can't seem to get any prices for the 2008 auction off their site. Anybody know how to do it or whether they are even posted this soon after the auction?  ???  In years past the prices there have been lower than BJ, but I wanted to see if that is changing.
70 black/black "R" Code Hemicuda, automatic, Super Trac Pac 4.10 Dana, pdb
67 Top Flight Corvette 4 speed silver small block #s roadster
2002 6 speed silver Pontiac Trans Am SLP Firehawk
2008 Red Z06 Corvette
2002 Blue Lexus SC-430 retractable HT- Wife's car

Offline cudagirl4406pk

• Yes i am a Girl and No you cant drive my CUDA
    • Garageartmusclecars
« Reply #80 on: January 21, 2008 - 06:31:25 AM »
Well one good thing happened my husband Kenny AKA SHOWGOAT won the last fantasy bid auction on the porsche he was so happy he won the sirrus radio package.

michele
Yes i am a girl and no you cant drive my MOPAR :)

Offline Green Drop Top

« Reply #81 on: January 21, 2008 - 10:53:34 AM »
Well one good thing happened my husband Kenny AKA SHOWGOAT won the last fantasy bid auction on the porsche he was so happy he won the sirrus radio package.

That's awesome! Congrats! :cheers:

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
  • My M46 Barracuda! Member Since:October 01, 2005
« Reply #82 on: January 21, 2008 - 10:54:19 AM »

michele

Thats very Cool!!!  Way to go!!!!
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline Black340

• 1973 challenger 340 4 Speed
« Reply #83 on: January 21, 2008 - 01:19:13 PM »

michele

That is great..congrats :2thumbs:

Offline Black340

• 1973 challenger 340 4 Speed
« Reply #84 on: January 21, 2008 - 02:07:15 PM »
I think the whole B-J auction has become a circus event.  And, they just seemed to pick and choose what cars they wanted to help bid up. 

I agree ...I was watchig one of the last segments Sunday the biding was finish the actioner drop the hammer and said sold then he said .. "wait a minute  was another bid" continue selling and close at 20K more..What in a hell is that? my undestanding of an action is if the hammer drop the biding is over..apparently not the rules on BJ :clueless:

Offline cudagirl4406pk

• Yes i am a Girl and No you cant drive my CUDA
    • Garageartmusclecars
« Reply #85 on: January 21, 2008 - 04:15:57 PM »
Yeah i dont think you can really use BJ as a guage on selling this year for the market.Prices were to far out of whack.

michele

Kenny said thanks for the cool comments
Yes i am a girl and no you cant drive my MOPAR :)

Offline ChallengerGary

• Resident
    • Challenger Gary
« Reply #86 on: January 21, 2008 - 06:15:53 PM »
I agree ...I was watchig one of the last segments Sunday the biding was finish the actioner drop the hammer and said sold then he said .. "wait a minute  was another bid" continue selling and close at 20K more..What in a hell is that? my undestanding of an action is if the hammer drop the biding is over..apparently not the rules on BJ :clueless:

I saw that too.  I guess they don't have tight laws governing that sort of bull pucky in Nevada.  Some states I think that would cost an auctioneer his license.  Also, I am pretty sure there are also laws against auctioneers bidding on autions they are running - can you say Confilct of Interest?!?!?!
2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Mega Cab 5.7 Hemi

1972 Dodge Demon - "new" project

AND TOO MANY OTHER MOPARS THROUGH MY HANDS TO COUNT

Offline JS27N0B

• Resident
  • Member since Jan 28th 2003.
« Reply #87 on: January 21, 2008 - 10:36:32 PM »
I saw that too.  I guess they don't have tight laws governing that sort of bull pucky in Nevada.  Some states I think that would cost an auctioneer his license.  Also, I am pretty sure there are also laws against auctioneers bidding on autions they are running - can you say Confilct of Interest?!?!?!

Scottsdale is in Arizona.
1970 Challenger R/T Convertible 383/auto 1 of 516 *now sold after owning for 18yrs
2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited AWD
2013 Tige' RZR 343hp
2016 PCP Challenger SRT Hellcat

Offline ChallengerGary

• Resident
    • Challenger Gary
« Reply #88 on: January 21, 2008 - 11:22:55 PM »
Don't know why - for some reason I thought it was in Vegas.  Thanks for setting me straight.  I guess Arizona must have pretty loose auctioneering laws.
2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Mega Cab 5.7 Hemi

1972 Dodge Demon - "new" project

AND TOO MANY OTHER MOPARS THROUGH MY HANDS TO COUNT

Offline Morris'_Mopars

« Reply #89 on: January 21, 2008 - 11:29:29 PM »
Maybe it can become a hobby again since the prices are coming down. :money:
Morris' Mopars LLC
Raymond, Illinois
Mopar performance at affordable prices.