barrett-jackson auction prices

Author Topic: barrett-jackson auction prices  (Read 14244 times)

Offline back n black

Re: barrett-jackson auction prices
« Reply #120 on: January 25, 2008 - 09:00:46 PM »
Buying a car on ebay is a shot in the dark...Thinking about some descriptions sellers have given me via phone, and then some of the cars that I have gone and seen, you have to laugh. 

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #121 on: January 25, 2008 - 10:16:49 PM »
Buying a car on ebay is a shot in the dark...Thinking about some descriptions sellers have given me via phone, and then some of the cars that I have gone and seen, you have to laugh. 

I dont think I could laugh if I got a bogus description over the phone and then spent money to go see a car only to find a car that was not as represented, I'd be pissed to say the least.
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline Goehner

• 392 IE
« Reply #122 on: January 25, 2008 - 10:33:10 PM »
So yea, e-bay is not the "authority" on prices of cars, but the main theme of this thread was "are E-bodies topped out." I think the answer is yes. I bought mine off e-bay and it was represented perfectly, and of course I put my hands on it in person to make sure. The values are for sure on the way down given the state of the economy. But for most of the "car" guys, it really doesnt matter much since most are not likely to sell unless we have to. One lesson learned, that I can speak from first hand experience is....insure your car for the most you possibly can. Mine burnt up in a shop fire, and it was insured for good money, but replacing 1 of 34 is hard to do. Let the insurance company talk you down from your "agreed value."
392 Edition on order
08 Mega Cab 3500 SRW 6.7 CTD, 2" Leveling kit, 33" Mickey Thompson MTZ
05 Durango Limited, Yea, it's got a HEMI!!

Offline 1BADFISH™

• Resident
« Reply #123 on: January 25, 2008 - 11:32:26 PM »
So yea, e-bay is not the "authority" on prices of cars, but the main theme of this thread was "are E-bodies topped out." I think the answer is yes. I bought mine off e-bay and it was represented perfectly, and of course I put my hands on it in person to make sure. The values are for sure on the way down given the state of the economy. But for most of the "car" guys, it really doesnt matter much since most are not likely to sell unless we have to. One lesson learned, that I can speak from first hand experience is....insure your car for the most you possibly can. Mine burnt up in a shop fire, and it was insured for good money, but replacing 1 of 34 is hard to do. Let the insurance company talk you down from your "agreed value."

I love your car! Plum with white is one of my favorite color combos on any ebody. 

Welcome to the site btw.

Dave
Charlottetown, PE
2014 GMC Sierra Crew Cab White Diamond edition.
1970 Dodge Challenger 340-6 4spd.
*Member Since* Oct 11, 2005

Offline Red R/T

« Reply #124 on: January 26, 2008 - 12:45:58 PM »
\
I bought my car on ebay.  I looked everywhere for the last two years before deciding it was time.  I was looking for something for nothing and most of that turned out to be to good to be true.  I decided I wanted a 70 Challenger or Cuda and began looking.  I wanted something that had unique options and had decent sheet metal.  I don't have room to do a body off resto at home and don't have the money to send it to some high end shop.  I found several that got away because I was to busy to go look or to cheap to pay the asking price.  Heres what I learned.  After talking to many friends I got lots of advice on where not to buy.  Few could tell me where to buy and some had even bought their cars on ebay.  I took one guys advice to find what I want, make sure it's what it's supposed to be, decide what it's worth to me (not BJ, RS, Ron Pratt), and buy it.  Good sage advice from a man that owns several cars and enjoys them all.  I found what I wanted, talked to the owner, talked to the previous owner, and went to check the car out.  It wasn't perfect, body was straight and mostly original metal, had original drive train minus the motor but, the motor has been located.  I probably paid to much for some peoples taste and got a good deal when talking to others.  The bottom line, I like the car, I'm in the club now, the car will appreciate, and it's not my retirement plan so I can enjoy it.  Sorry this is so long but wanted to share a different type of successful ebay story. 
1970 Challenger U code R/T SE

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
« Reply #125 on: January 26, 2008 - 01:20:40 PM »
There is no doubt e-bodies are down. I have been monitoring ebay for some time, and lots of stuff is not meeting the reserve. But then again, most people think their ride is worth more than it actually is. I recently lost a numbers mathing 70 R/T Challenger convertible 440 4speed in a shop fire. Good insurance is a must. I bought a replacement numbers matching 383 auto and take delivery next week.

:grinyes: I've posted it more than once... get that appriasal!!! Get that insurance. I'm glad I got my appraisal when I did. It makes NIKKI woth alot more than the current market (and what I paid for her) , but if the garage would catch fire or a ricer run into her $$$$ Jackpot!     Sorry not tryin to hi-jack but apederso2's R/T caught my eye!  :grinyes:
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Offline Goehner

• 392 IE
« Reply #126 on: January 26, 2008 - 09:33:00 PM »
Thanks badfish. When I went through my 71 Challenger, I did it plum crazy and black. I have always loved the plum and white as well. Head turning machines. Spring can not get here fast enough. I may have paid a tad over the true value for mine too, but it was what I wanted and I don't plan to sell it unless something very unfortunate happens.
392 Edition on order
08 Mega Cab 3500 SRW 6.7 CTD, 2" Leveling kit, 33" Mickey Thompson MTZ
05 Durango Limited, Yea, it's got a HEMI!!