EYE CANDY …70 challenger 6.1 Hemi & 6-speed updated 6-29 video from Hot Rod

Author Topic: EYE CANDY …70 challenger 6.1 Hemi & 6-speed updated 6-29 video from Hot Rod  (Read 117492 times)

Offline 422STROKER

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 6/3/06
Re: EYE CANDY … 6.1 Hemi Challenger Convertible (8-27 It's Alive!) w\ video
« Reply #240 on: September 17, 2008 - 10:14:49 PM »
 :popcorn:

Tom :bigsmile:

Whats the status on the column?
Tom
12.77 @ 108.87 15" Street Drag radial tires 3.23 gear

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
Re: EYE CANDY … 6.1 Hemi Challenger Convertible (8-27 It's Alive!) w\ video
« Reply #241 on: September 30, 2008 - 10:27:27 PM »
Everything is on hold until the end of October more or less.  :22yikes:

The Grammy is in the hospital and need some extra attention, I need to put a few dollars away just in case the economy goes further south, work is being very demanding and will be for the next month & I need to put a written agenda together for what is left to finish and in what order it get completed.  :blah: :blah: :blah:

So;  I covered the car up … :sleeping:
Go Fast & Have Fun...
70 6.1 HEMI 6-speed Drop Top...

Offline 422STROKER

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 6/3/06
Re: EYE CANDY … 6.1 Hemi Challenger Convertible (On hold until the end of October)
« Reply #242 on: September 30, 2008 - 11:16:33 PM »
Sorry to hear about Grammy, hope she is ok.

Yeah the economy isn't looking so hot so I hear the $$ problem. 

Maybe just pick away at what you do have in assemblies.

Good Luck
Tom :2thumbs:
Tom
12.77 @ 108.87 15" Street Drag radial tires 3.23 gear

Offline back n black

Best of luck with Grams...and the ride too.  I always enjoy checking in on the progress.

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
Re: EYE CANDY … Update 1-4-09 I'm Back...
« Reply #244 on: January 04, 2009 - 10:08:53 PM »
Ok a little update …  :wave:
First things first, Grammy is doing better and can stay by herself (has been for 2 months actually)  :thumbsup:

Therefore, I have been tinkering with little things that seem to take up so much time. It seems that lately every little part needs adjusted in order to make something fit.  :banghead:

I did the group buy on the gauge cluster it turned out ok   :clapping: but I now need to add a wire to run the volt meter, I had the amp gauge converted due to the high amp alternator.

I have all 4 disk brakes hooked up I hope to get them working next weekend. I ordered new stainless steal pre bent lines from fine lines they fit great except for where the car was changed for something else like the spring relocation on the rear, the B body rear with disks and the hydra boost.  :puke:

Laid out the new engine compartment wiring harness that needed adjusted for the 6.1 and the AEM EFI controller in order for the factory gauges to work and start the car with a key instead of a pushbutton. I removed everything from the connector that ran the original motor and the old charging system; all of that now comes from the AEM box. It seems Mopar didn’t see it necessary to pre wire the harness for a tach signal from the PCM so I get to add a pin to the module & run a wire next to the covered harness.   :screwy:

:thinkerg: (If anyone needs a electronic ignition harness PM me) I will post a picture on Monday.

Ordered my new driveshaft it should be here next. :working:

I just need to get the steering worked out and then put the interior back in the car. :bricks1:

Aaron did a mock up of my car with the wheels and possible stripe I may add; it gives me motivation.  :smokin:

I may play with some other options before I order a stripe from Gary if he will make it for me.

Go Fast & Have Fun...

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
Re: EYE CANDY … I'm Baaaaack 1-4-09 update
« Reply #245 on: January 04, 2009 - 10:12:18 PM »
You have been a busy little beaver............ :clapping:

I really love the picture, it looks good enough to hang on the wall :2thumbs:
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline Travis72

« Reply #246 on: January 05, 2009 - 01:17:52 AM »
Getting closer!   :thumbsup:  What wheels are those?

Travis
72 Cuda

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #247 on: January 05, 2009 - 01:28:49 PM »
hey DB,  good to see you back on track...  I`m kinda old school when in comes to wheels, but man, do they look tasty on that car  :drool:   
I think the "HEMI" in the stripe looks way overdone........ I love it!  :woohoo:
*** Bart ***

Offline Grasshopper

« Reply #248 on: January 05, 2009 - 05:41:00 PM »
Wow!  I love that rendering.

Is that what finished product will look like?

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
« Reply #249 on: January 05, 2009 - 08:21:30 PM »
Wow!  I love that rendering.

Is that what finished product will look like?

nOT SOLD ON THE STRIPE YET BUT CLOSE  :thumbsup:

hey DB,  good to see you back on track...  I`m kinda old school when in comes to wheels, but man, do they look tasty on that car  :drool:  
I think the "HEMI" in the stripe looks way overdone........ I love it!  :woohoo:

tHANKS  :2thumbs:

Getting closer!   :thumbsup:  What wheels are those?

Travis
72 Cuda

Billet Specialties SLG 17 maybe 18 in the back 10 or 11 wide if they will fit.
I will order them with my tax refund.   :rofl:
Go Fast & Have Fun...

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #250 on: January 05, 2009 - 09:27:00 PM »
That thing is going to look sick! (in a good way!) :2thumbs: :cheers:
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline vryfast

• WORK IN PROGRESS
« Reply #251 on: January 05, 2009 - 09:30:12 PM »
love those wheels. I wonder if they could powdercoat the inserts body color ? I think that would look real cool  :cooldancing: :cooldancing: :cooldancing:

Offline DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

• Resident
  • Still My Inspiration..1971, Rockingham, Nc
« Reply #252 on: January 05, 2009 - 09:35:38 PM »
Hey Scott..........great pic.........I like the stripe and car color........
Dave or David

Offline JS27N0B

• Resident
  • Member since Jan 28th 2003.
« Reply #253 on: January 05, 2009 - 10:38:09 PM »
Ok a little update …  :wave:
First things first, Grammy is doing better and can stay by herself (has been for 2 months actually)  :thumbsup:

Therefore, I have been tinkering with little things that seem to take up so much time. It seems that lately every little part needs adjusted in order to make something fit.  :banghead:

I did the group buy on the gauge cluster it turned out ok   :clapping: but I now need to add a wire to run the volt meter, I had the amp gauge converted due to the high amp alternator.

I have all 4 disk brakes hooked up I hope to get them working next weekend. I ordered new stainless steal pre bent lines from fine lines they fit great except for where the car was changed for something else like the spring relocation on the rear, the B body rear with disks and the hydra boost.  :puke:

Laid out the new engine compartment wiring harness that needed adjusted for the 6.1 and the AEM EFI controller in order for the factory gauges to work and start the car with a key instead of a pushbutton. I removed everything from the connector that ran the original motor and the old charging system; all of that now comes from the AEM box. It seems Mopar didn’t see it necessary to pre wire the harness for a tach signal from the PCM so I get to add a pin to the module & run a wire next to the covered harness.   :screwy:

:thinkerg: (If anyone needs a electronic ignition harness PM me) I will post a picture on Monday.

Ordered my new driveshaft it should be here next. :working:

I just need to get the steering worked out and then put the interior back in the car. :bricks1:

Aaron did a mock up of my car with the wheels and possible stripe I may add; it gives me motivation.  :smokin:

I may play with some other options before I order a stripe from Gary if he will make it for me.

Looking good!!
Let me know what you are doing to get a tach signal for the factory ralley dash from the AEM computer, I am at that stage now. I will also order my driveshaft tomorrow.
1970 Challenger R/T Convertible 383/auto 1 of 516 *now sold after owning for 18yrs
2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited AWD
2013 Tige' RZR 343hp
2016 PCP Challenger SRT Hellcat

Offline JS27N0B

• Resident
  • Member since Jan 28th 2003.
« Reply #254 on: January 05, 2009 - 11:21:56 PM »
I did the group buy on the gauge cluster it turned out ok   :clapping: but I now need to add a wire to run the volt meter, I had the amp gauge converted due to the high amp alternator.

I am getting the voltmeter conversion done as well and was thinking of running both wires to the same stud on the ammeter post on the cluster(do you have a pic of what the conversion looks like, front and rear?) and using the factory engine harness(with some mods) and adding an additional fused wire to the main stud on the starter relay and using this as the main alternator feed and having the original alternator feed wire supplying 12v feed to the underdash harness(with circuit protection)

I am also in the 2 steps forward 3 steps back stage right now so I understand your frustration. I'm still trying to be done for MATS!! :pullinghair:
1970 Challenger R/T Convertible 383/auto 1 of 516 *now sold after owning for 18yrs
2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited AWD
2013 Tige' RZR 343hp
2016 PCP Challenger SRT Hellcat