Author Topic: tire rubbing issues due to inadequate back spacing.  (Read 2824 times)

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
Re: Another idea? Re: tire rubbing issues due to inadequate back spacing.
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2008 - 12:24:36 PM »
What do the member say about the 17x8 Mustang Bullet wheels (like from the Movie Bullet) THey look similar to Cragars. I kind of like them but dont know the back spacing. Would anyone know what 2005 Mustang wheels have?

Firstly, the hole for the hub on the Bullitt wheels may not fit on the Mopar hub.  Either the Mopar hub has to be decreased or the hole on the wheel increased.  I understand the drums situation is ok, but check around first.

Secondly, the back spacing is too deep on the Ford rims, about 6" or so, so you'll need spaces and longer studs and then still may have to worry about the tires hitting the fender lips.

Thirdly--Not all factory Ford Bullitt wheels are the same.  I think the 2005 and up vs the 2004 and older Billitt rims are different.  The 2005 and up have a more shallow dish to them.
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger