Author Topic: sweet deal on ultimate rides dashpads  (Read 8901 times)

Offline az-nick

• NicksClassicParts
Re: sweet deal on ultimate rides dashpads
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2008 - 04:27:02 PM »
Thanks for all of your help Nick.  I will be buying one as soon as I can get the person to refund my money for the repaired "Mint condision" dash I purchased on E-bay.  You never know, you may be recieving a core that cost me $500.   

that is funny..... But here is a funnier one, I got a call from Ultimate Rides owner Allen and he had told me that one of the cores received from abuyer had just been covered by Just Dashes and was not happy with the quality thwy did on it, He want Ultimate Rides to use it as a core for a new one......  :grinyes:

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2008 - 06:39:09 PM »
   :smilielol:

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline Confederate Cuda

« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2008 - 08:10:01 PM »
I hope you guys have better luck than me. I bought a pad from them for my 73 and am not too happy with the AC vents.  There is 1/8 inch gap around them on some sides. I will try to fit it to the dash frame later and takes some pics for you. Did I mention that it took them 4 months to ship it to me. The rest of the pad looks good.

Offline az-nick

• NicksClassicParts
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2008 - 10:26:27 PM »
I hope you guys have better luck than me. I bought a pad from them for my 73 and am not too happy with the AC vents.  There is 1/8 inch gap around them on some sides. I will try to fit it to the dash frame later and takes some pics for you. Did I mention that it took them 4 months to ship it to me. The rest of the pad looks good.

Did you contact them about the problem?
Was it a steel frame version ot Fiberglass frame?

This may sound like a stupid question so please excuse me if it is, I do not know what the gap should be because I never owned an E Body with A/C, "so how close should the gap be"?

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2008 - 11:14:40 PM »
Challenger_7, what were the flaws in the YO pad that kept you from being able to use it? I have had a YO pad in my closet for close to a year awaiting my car back from paint. I hope I can use mine  :banghead:
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline Confederate Cuda

« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2008 - 11:42:32 PM »
Did you contact them about the problem?
Was it a steel frame version ot Fiberglass frame?

This may sound like a stupid question so please excuse me if it is, I do not know what the gap should be because I never owned an E Body with A/C, "so how close should the gap be"?

I have not contacted them yet as I just installed the vents yesterday (not sure I will as I do not have 4 more months to wait.) It was a steel frame and there should be no gap. There also appers to be some problem with the side by the drivers door, it is about 2 inches from the frame but I think I might be able to bend it back?? I will try to take some pictures tomorrow and post....going to bed now.

Offline RaptorF229

• A work in Progress
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2008 - 01:29:28 AM »
Has anyone recieved one of these pads yet?

Offline az-nick

• NicksClassicParts
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2008 - 08:54:36 AM »
Has anyone recieved one of these pads yet?

23 customers have received there pad so far and No complaints about how anything fits so far!

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
  • My M46 Barracuda! Member Since:October 01, 2005
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2008 - 09:19:57 AM »
Right now I can not afford to get one.  I hope that this is offered again later in the year. Gordon
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2008 - 09:49:40 AM »
 :clapping:
23 customers have received there pad so far and No complaints about how anything fits so far!
Hey Nick,
Can you ask some of the 23 customers to send you pictures so you can post them up here please buddy. :2thumbs:
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline RaptorF229

• A work in Progress
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2008 - 01:35:59 PM »
Yeah I'd definitely like to see one. i was wondering if anyone here has gotten one. I'll be buying one the first of march. The wife only lets me spend a certain amount each month and March is a new month.

Offline Confederate Cuda

« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2008 - 05:20:49 PM »
I posted some pics of mine on a different thread

Offline Challenger_7

« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2008 - 07:50:29 AM »
Challenger_7, what were the flaws in the YO pad that kept you from being able to use it? I have had a YO pad in my closet for close to a year awaiting my car back from paint. I hope I can use mine  :banghead:
Sorry bb71challenger for my late reply, but I have been away for a while.
Ok, here is what I had wrong on mine, and hope to be clear enough to explain what I mean.
1. The plastic part that replaces the metal frame on the driver's side which is used to bolt onto the frame is too short. See first and second photo.  Not only is it too short to reach the position of the holes but the end part of it is cut off.
2. The bottom edge or lip that sits on the metal frame which extends from the cluster side to the end (co driver's side) is flat, where as the orig one has an edge which covers the humps through which the bolts pass. Being flat makes it sit on top of the "humps" thus leaving a very visible gap. See pic 3-6
3. On each extreme side of the dash pad, there is a part ear shaped. This rests on the side pillars. The one on the left is too short. Last picture
4. There remains the middle section which does not feel too comfortable to handle, but I believe is managable (the plastic frame bit as opposed to the steel one, but seems to have enough length to fit.
I recommend you check yours and if you see all these defects, then return it and claim your money and opt for the one being offered by Nick.
Good luck
Farouk
71 Chally Conv 383 Magnum Manual - Hurst
71 Chally Auto 383 Magnum R/T 100% Orig
71 Chally Auto 400
70 Chally Auto small block
72 Charger SE Manual - Hurst
73 Plymouth Satellite "Sebring Plus" 100% Orig
Others: http://www.cardomain.com/id/Challenger_7

Offline Challenger_7

« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2008 - 07:55:13 AM »
Nick, I had lost this thread and resorted to sending you an email just before locating it now.
How can I get mine?
Farouk
71 Chally Conv 383 Magnum Manual - Hurst
71 Chally Auto 383 Magnum R/T 100% Orig
71 Chally Auto 400
70 Chally Auto small block
72 Charger SE Manual - Hurst
73 Plymouth Satellite "Sebring Plus" 100% Orig
Others: http://www.cardomain.com/id/Challenger_7

Offline az-nick

• NicksClassicParts
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2008 - 08:58:05 AM »
Hi Farouk - I got your email this morning - do you have a shipper here stateside or does the pad need to be shipped to Beirut, Lebanon - Middle East? I will check with Ultimate Rides if to see if they ship overseas?