What does the e-body/Mopar world need?

Author Topic: What does the e-body/Mopar world need?  (Read 4612 times)

Offline Jacksboys

• Sr. Resident
  • Here Since 08/28/06 GEORGIA
Re: What does the e-body/Mopar world need?
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2008 - 01:36:59 PM »
Hopefully someone is planning something good for it! :naughty:

Tom :smokin:

I hope so  :2thumbs:
1971 Dodge Challenger:  360/904/3.23

Success is the maximum utilization of the ability that you have. - Zig Ziglar

Offline jeryst

• Resident
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2008 - 01:47:17 PM »
Anybody have any experience with doing soda-blasting for a living, or have any experience working with it?

Offline OzCuda

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2008 - 06:35:12 AM »
How about Classic Car Restoration Project Management?  Depnds on your experience and whether there is a demand for this but having someone who knows the suppliers and quality shops would be invaluable, and then to oversee the work and make sure no corners are cut.  Sort of like hiring a foreman to oversee building your house.  The thing that I have found is that shops don't seem to inspect there work before delivery and are either cutting corners, have a poor eye for detail, or just have poor communication flow between the customer-owner-staff.  Having no personal attachment to the build, you could have a balanced approach, both in what is realistic to expect on a build, but also not scared to make a shop do what they quoted.
'70 Barracuda

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2008 - 06:42:06 AM »
How about Classic Car Restoration Project Management?  Depnds on your experience and whether there is a demand for this but having someone who knows the suppliers and quality shops would be invaluable, and then to oversee the work and make sure no corners are cut.  Sort of like hiring a foreman to oversee building your house.  The thing that I have found is that shops don't seem to inspect there work before delivery and are either cutting corners, have a poor eye for detail, or just have poor communication flow between the customer-owner-staff.  Having no personal attachment to the build, you could have a balanced approach, both in what is realistic to expect on a build, but also not scared to make a shop do what they quoted.
:iagree: This would not be a bad idea at all, just need to be real knowledgable and people freindly. Could take you all over the United States with such a job.   :2thumbs:
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline go-fish

• Resident
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2008 - 02:03:08 AM »
Ed Hamburger had a buisiness "340's/360's Only" in the seventies and early eighties. He then went to the dark side and created SLP Performance for Camaro's and such. It would be cool if it came back.
I think the biggest need for Mopars is carbon fiber parts. CF is all the rage and is superior to fiberglass in everyway except cost. You can leave the CF exposed for that new age look or paint it like a regular part. I have been secretly hoping for an AAR style CF hood, and spoiler.
How cool would a CF center console be too.

Offline cudagirl4406pk

• Yes i am a Girl and No you cant drive my CUDA
    • Garageartmusclecars
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2008 - 04:29:23 PM »
Anybody have any experience with doing soda-blasting for a living, or have any experience working with it?

Well my husband has a partner who soda blasts and he bought that big unit from eastwood and was a piece of junk.If you going to do it alot of money in it there is a company that sells you the whole package for about 35k and well worth it.

chesapeaksodablasting in md a friend of our does it for a living quit his 60k a year job and does this and makes alot more.

michele
Yes i am a girl and no you cant drive my MOPAR :)

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2008 - 04:11:39 AM »
Ed Hamburger had a buisiness "340's/360's Only" in the seventies and early eighties. He then went to the dark side and created SLP Performance for Camaro's and such. It would be cool if it came back.
I think the biggest need for Mopars is carbon fiber parts. CF is all the rage and is superior to fiberglass in everyway except cost. You can leave the CF exposed for that new age look or paint it like a regular part. I have been secretly hoping for an AAR style CF hood, and spoiler.
How cool would a CF center console be too.

:iagree:
Give me a TA hood in CF  :drool:
Go Fast & Have Fun...
70 6.1 HEMI 6-speed Drop Top...

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2008 - 04:26:23 AM »
Hey DB,

What if you had a T/A hood in glass and painted it Yellow like your car but overlayed Carbon Fibre decal through the centre section of the hood and over the scoop in two halves with a clean meeting line of th CF in the middle of the hood ?  Then spray clear over the lot to give it that true CF look........................ :2thumbs:

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2008 - 04:56:38 AM »
Hey DB,

What if you had a T/A hood in glass and painted it Yellow like your car but overlayed Carbon Fibre decal through the centre section of the hood and over the scoop in two halves with a clean meeting line of th CF in the middle of the hood ?  Then spray clear over the lot to give it that true CF look........................ :2thumbs:

Hey ken  :roflsmiley: :roflsmiley: :roflsmiley: NO thank you.....
If Its not real CF its not on my car ,I would have g-man calling me rice names  :smilielol:

But hay thanks for thinking of me.  :2thumbs:

Ken, I saw charlie he said keep the pan...  :woo:

Go Fast & Have Fun...
70 6.1 HEMI 6-speed Drop Top...

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2008 - 04:59:50 AM »

Ken, I saw charlie he said keep the pan...  :woo:

:smilielol: :roflsmiley: Hey told me you can only keep it if you plan to use it for frying the competetion....................... :burnout: