Author Topic: Old car scouting........  (Read 2537 times)

Offline R/T hedkace

• Resident
Old car scouting........
« on: February 10, 2008 - 03:49:35 PM »
 We'll, took another ride to nowhere yesterday.
One of my favorite things to do. Drive around all day, music off, no map, no GPS, no idea where you are  :1zhelp:
I was having a great day, until it started snowing  :swear:
 Sometimes you go out all day, and find nothing, other times a little bit here, and there.
 Though not all Mopars, it still is cool to find something.....anything.
 Just thought I would share them  :thumbsup:

The 1st is an old Buick I found just left to die in the woods, all by it's lonesome self  :walkaway:

The 2nd is a 68 Dodge. He was not selling it, and is going to......yea, you know the rest.
He did say he found two seized Hemis for 4 to 5 thousand each. He said he was going to drop one of those in.
 She's been there a while. Was sunk into the ground pretty good

Jeff     
    Defending the Earth from "uptight" mods!!   an endless crusade..........

1970 Dodge Challenger R/T 440 4speed Dana
1970 Dodge Super Bee
1969 Barracuda
 Massachusetts

Offline R/T hedkace

• Resident
Re: Old car scouting........
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008 - 03:49:48 PM »
 The 3rd was a 66 Pontiac. He said he really didn't want to sell it, but if someone had a few thousand, (2 to 3) he would take it. Said it had a 12 bolt with 489's, and a 455 HO motor  :dunno: It was originally a Black exterior, black vinyl top, red interior  :drool:
I got his info if anyone is interested. Very nice kid.

The 4th looks to be a 64 Dodge 330 Sedan  :drool: :drool:
 Looks like the place it was parked was abandoned, I knocked around for a while, but nothing.
I'm gonna have to stop back out there on a better day.

Jeff     

1970 Dodge Super Bee
1969 Barracuda
 Massachusetts

Offline R/T hedkace

• Resident
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2008 - 03:53:06 PM »
 On a side note, I went by the "Lonely Superbird", and she was fully covered this time  :clapping: :woo:
For those that don"t remember.
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=30605.0

I did remove the cover, so I could get some good pics, but they came out blurry  :banghead: ........... :poopoke:  :lol:

Jeff     

1970 Dodge Super Bee
1969 Barracuda
 Massachusetts

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2008 - 04:47:32 PM »
That Buick is probably a 55-56, right before the fins became the "in" thing.

Lots of sad pics there.   :eek7:

Probably even more sad stories as to why they are sitting outside rotting away.   :crying:

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline rav440

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2008 - 07:15:53 PM »
cool pics . i have got to remember to take my camera with me when i go out riding around . im not sure if anyone knows of the blue 70-71 CUDA SB 4spd car that sits beside a house up the road on from the shippingville nuke plant outside of beaver pa. . i stoped last year to see if it was for sale but nobody was home .
1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2008 - 08:41:16 PM »
R/T I'm with ya! Just cruise and end up where ever! Sad finds, I'm sure the'll end up as shredder material except te Pontiac (maybe) 
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Offline hooD

• detroit iron
  • Resident
  • Motor City Made Muscle
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2008 - 10:50:01 PM »
The 3rd was a 66 Pontiac. He said he really didn't want to sell it, but if someone had a few thousand, (2 to 3) he would take it. Said it had a 12 bolt with 489's, and a 455 HO motor  :dunno: It was originally a Black exterior, black vinyl top, red interior  :drool:
I got his info if anyone is interested. Very nice kid.

If that was a 455 HO motor the distributor would be in the front not the rear.  I had a 1970 Riveria with a 454 and it liked to eat the dist shaft shear pin.  I was glad the dist was up front when working on it.  Nice find though, and great pictures! 
-Larry
member since AUG 2007
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvrWiLgDm7Y

southeastern michigan usa

1973 'CUDA 340

original owner
37,117 miles

:grinyes: *click my E-Body* :grinyes:

Offline Rare_T_A

• Resident
    • Freiss Family Mopar Site
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2008 - 10:54:03 AM »
Buick distributors were in the front but Pontiac had theirs in the rear even the 455. I've owned plenty of them.
'09 Challenger R/T  5.7 HEMI Auto
'70Challenger T/A 340 727

Fargo, N. Dak.
My web Site:  http://freiss.co.nr

My Flikr Page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/102813164@N04/

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left!

Swedefish

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2008 - 01:52:56 PM »
About the -68 Dodge, if he got the intention to rebuild the car, why the heck doesn`t he cover the car with anything, just ANYTHING. :screwy:
Doesn`t these guys understand that for each day the car isn`t covered there will take even more work to get it done. AARRRGGGHHH. :banghead:.
Wonder what they would say if you brought anything along and covered their car by yourself. :grinyes:

Offline ViperMan

• Resident
  • 2017 Carlisle or BUST...
    • JS Custom Cars
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2008 - 02:00:39 PM »
Hmmm, 2-3 thousand for that 66 GTO?  Hmmmmmmmmmm........  Sounds appealing.  :)

I love 66's.  They're my favorite GTO, in fact.  The 70's bodies were cool for sure, but 66 is my fav.

Jeff
2000 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe - 8.0L V10, 6-Speed Tremec
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited - Trail Rated - 4.7L V8, Auto
2010 Dodge Challenger SE Rallye - 3.5L V6, Auto (Wife's!)

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2008 - 02:02:57 PM »
the 330 is cool............................and sad
*** Bart ***

Offline ChallengerGary

• Resident
    • Challenger Gary
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2008 - 05:16:34 PM »
I used to do a lot of Old Car Scouting too (before wife & 3 kids).  Actually, we'd pile into who ever's car got the best gas mileage, head up the highway and let our nose sniff out the old Mopars.  Literally, one of us would go, "Turn left here, I smell a Mopar"    :cheers:   Amazing what can happen when you have no particular place to go... Heard plenty of those "Someday I'm gonna..." stories too
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008 - 06:06:42 PM by ChallengerGary »
2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Mega Cab 5.7 Hemi

1972 Dodge Demon - "new" project

AND TOO MANY OTHER MOPARS THROUGH MY HANDS TO COUNT

Offline RUSTY Cuda

• One big step foward!
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2008 - 05:42:25 PM »
The 66 would be a tempest or lemans, pontiac emblem up front & taillights give it away! I had a goat back in the day! Rich.

Offline moparclown

• Resident
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2008 - 06:36:28 PM »
I love doing that.and I have found some great stuff and met some great people.Who by the way have sent me looking at other stuff that they new about.I am trying to do a deal for a 73 340 Dart sport convertible :roflsmiley:
Convertible you say?They didn't make a vert in that body style.
R/T hedkace
one of these days we'll have to get together and go ridin around to see what we can turn up.
                                                      Spring is almost here,one day closer it is.
                                                        The Clown

Offline R/T hedkace

• Resident
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2008 - 09:25:36 PM »
 Thanks for all the replies everyone, glad you enjoy the pics  :cheers:
Also, it's nice to see I'm not the only one who loves to drive to wherever, (sometimes it pays to have no life  :woo::lol2:

cool pics . i have got to remember to take my camera with me when i go out riding around . im not sure if anyone knows of the blue 70-71 CUDA SB 4spd car that sits beside a house up the road on from the shippingville nuke plant outside of beaver pa. . i stoped last year to see if it was for sale but nobody was home .
NEVER forget your camera  :nono: . If I go to the store 30 seconds up the street I take it. You never know.
 It also might be worth another trip for you to take to go check out that Cuda since your in PA........You never know  :thumbsup:

Also, thanks for the help on the Pontiac motor there fellas. Wasn't quite sure myself, though I do love that body style too......even though it is not a goat, as was pointed out by the sharp eyes here  :thumbsup:

About the -68 Dodge, if he got the intention to rebuild the car, why the heck doesn`t he cover the car with anything, just ANYTHING. :screwy:
Doesn`t these guys understand that for each day the car isn`t covered there will take even more work to get it done. AARRRGGGHHH. :banghead:.
Wonder what they would say if you brought anything along and covered their car by yourself. :grinyes:
Yea Swede, I actually wanted to cover it up for him  :stomp: As you can see from that last pic of the 68, the passenger rear tire was almost half in the ground. She's been sitting a while  :walkaway:

I used to do a lot of Old Car Scouting too (before wife & 3 kids).  Actually, we'd pile into who ever's car got the best gas mileage, head up the highway and let our nose sniff out the old Mopars.  Literally, one of us would go, "Turn left here, I smell a Mopar"    :cheers:   Amazing what can happen when you have no particular place to go
Yep, sometimes it pays to listen to that inner voice  :grinyes: Other times when it wont shut up though  :hyper: :pullinghair: :1zhelp:

In fact today at work I just found out about a Challenger, and a Barracuda sitting in one of the towns I just went through. I got directions. Come on weekend  :jumping:

Hey Clown, you pick the day, and you can count me in my man  :cheers:
Maybe we can go half on that 73 vert   :smilielol:

Thanks again all  :cheers:

Jeff     

1970 Dodge Super Bee
1969 Barracuda
 Massachusetts