Author Topic: Old car scouting........  (Read 2530 times)

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
Re: Old car scouting........
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2008 - 10:18:57 AM »

R/T hedkace
one of these days we'll have to get together and go ridin around to see what we can turn up.
                                                      Spring is almost here,one day closer it is.
                                                        The Clown

If you guys are ever around Acton, MA I believe off of Route 117 or something like that is what appears to be a sublime '70 Challenger RT/SE sitting in the driveway, no taillights, some primer....
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline rav440

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2008 - 03:57:20 PM »
Thanks for all the replies everyone, glad you enjoy the pics  :cheers:
Also, it's nice to see I'm not the only one who loves to drive to wherever, (sometimes it pays to have no life  :woo::lol2:

NEVER forget your camera  :nono: . If I go to the store 30 seconds up the street I take it. You never know.
 It also might be worth another trip for you to take to go check out that Cuda since your in PA........You never know  :thumbsup:

i have to get back down there , but i know it wil be the same old story .  :banghead: he also has a few MAGNUMs on the other side of the house . but like you said you never know . the CUDA will need a ton of work .  :cheers:
1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

Offline R/T hedkace

• Resident
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2008 - 05:34:47 PM »
If you guys are ever around Acton, MA I believe off of Route 117 or something like that is what appears to be a sublime '70 Challenger RT/SE sitting in the driveway, no taillights, some primer....
That's only about 25 miles from me.
 Are you thinking possibly Rt. 119, or Rt. 27?
I don't believe there is a Rt. 117 up that way, although I could be mistaken.
 Don't you live up around that neck of the woods there Tom?
Thanks for the heads up Blue.  :cheers: Most definitely worth a ride.

I was gonna go check out that Chally, and Barracuda I had the lead on, and I could have fit Acton into my schedule, but we're about to get walloped with snow tonight, so that seems like it's going to have to wait for another weekend for both  :swear:

i have to get back down there , but i know it wil be the same old story .  :banghead: he also has a few MAGNUMs on the other side of the house . but like you said you never know . the CUDA will need a ton of work .  :cheers:
You don't know, actually anything can change, at any given time, and that "ton of work" Cuda could be saved from being a "ton of" scrap  :cheers:

Jeff     
    Defending the Earth from "uptight" mods!!   an endless crusade..........

1970 Dodge Challenger R/T 440 4speed Dana
1970 Dodge Super Bee
1969 Barracuda
 Massachusetts

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2008 - 06:31:28 PM »
That's only about 25 miles from me.
 Are you thinking possibly Rt. 119, or Rt. 27?
I don't believe there is a Rt. 117 up that way, although I could be mistaken.
 Don't you live up around that neck of the woods there Tom?
Thanks for the heads up Blue.  :cheers: Most definitely worth a ride.

Mapquest to the rescue!!!! 

I checked and I'm 100%maybe sorta sure it is 117.  I was going over to my buddies house in Maynard and it was on 117.  Where on 117 though is sort of a mystery, but that's what makes it fun right?  ;D

Here's the deal.  If you take the 126 south exit off of Route 2 which I think is Concord, it'll bring you to 117.  I THINK you need to go EAST but I'm not 100% sure.  If you are travelling east on 117, then the house will be on the RIGHT.  There will be mail boxes, 1 I think, on the road side, the driveway will go down about 100 feet then it'll turn left in front of the house then it'll go into an attached garage, the garage being on the left side of the house, basement level I think.  The last time I saw this car was like 4 month's ago, in front of the garage, sort of covered by a car cover.  There were other potentially abandoned cars (Not muscle cars, more like Toyotas.) in the yard here and there.

I did go down the driveway to ring the doorbell.  You know you're at the correct house when you look for the doorbell and there's only 2 wires sticking out of the door frame.  I knocked on the door and an old lady came to the door.  She said the car is not for sale and it's not her's.  She wouldn't let me go take a look at it (understandably) so I left.  I was polite and she was very apologetic to me for not letting me look at it but I told her I understood and left.

From what I saw from under the car cover was sublime paint, '70 tailpanel without lenses, a white longitudinal '70 R/T stripe, small back window and SE emblem on C pillar.

After I left there, my buddy had to get some parts at Forte's Parts Connection in Framingham and I was chit chatting with one of the guys and somehow got into talking about Challengers, he said in their back shop they had one with a 5 speed Keisler.  He said I could go take a looksy but do not go into the garage.  It was up on a 4 post lift under a car cover.  I looked and it looked like a '70 Challenger R/T in Hemi orange, Torque Thrust rims.  It looked like the car from 2 Fast, 2 Furious.

Happy hunting!  :bigsmile:
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Offline hooD

• detroit iron
  • Resident
  • Motor City Made Muscle
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2008 - 11:59:12 PM »
Buick distributors were in the front but Pontiac had theirs in the rear even the 455. I've owned plenty of them.

My bad!  Never knew that about the Pontiac big block motors.

-Larry
member since AUG 2007
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvrWiLgDm7Y

southeastern michigan usa

1973 'CUDA 340

original owner
37,117 miles

:grinyes: *click my E-Body* :grinyes:

Offline R/T hedkace

• Resident
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2008 - 05:27:12 PM »
Mapquest to the rescue!!!! 

I checked and I'm 100%maybe sorta sure it is 117.  I was going over to my buddies house in Maynard and it was on 117.  Where on 117 though is sort of a mystery, but that's what makes it fun right?  ;D

Here's the deal.  If you take the 126 south exit off of Route 2 which I think is Concord, it'll bring you to 117.  I THINK you need to go EAST but I'm not 100% sure.  If you are travelling east on 117, then the house will be on the RIGHT.  There will be mail boxes, 1 I think, on the road side, the driveway will go down about 100 feet then it'll turn left in front of the house then it'll go into an attached garage, the garage being on the left side of the house, basement level I think.  The last time I saw this car was like 4 month's ago, in front of the garage, sort of covered by a car cover.  There were other potentially abandoned cars (Not muscle cars, more like Toyotas.) in the yard here and there.

I did go down the driveway to ring the doorbell.  You know you're at the correct house when you look for the doorbell and there's only 2 wires sticking out of the door frame.  I knocked on the door and an old lady came to the door.  She said the car is not for sale and it's not her's.  She wouldn't let me go take a look at it (understandably) so I left.  I was polite and she was very apologetic to me for not letting me look at it but I told her I understood and left.

From what I saw from under the car cover was sublime paint, '70 tailpanel without lenses, a white longitudinal '70 R/T stripe, small back window and SE emblem on C pillar.

Could you be a little more specific  :1zhelp:
You left out critical details, like what side of the house was facing Northwest?
Was the lawn freshly cut?
What color were those mailboxes?
Were they made of wood?
Plastic maybe?
Or even metal framed?

Holy s@#t you are thorough!!    :worshippy :2thumbs:
 Thanks for the details man. I really should have no trouble finding it now.  :cheers:
He!!, you may have even taking the fun of finding it out of the equation  :roflsmiley:

By the way, where are the pics of that  Hemi Orange Chally?  :useless:
I'm sure you had a camera with you, right?
Right?
RIGHT???  :lol:

My bad!  Never knew that about the Pontiac big block motors.
Yep, that makes to of us  :clueless:  :thumbsup:

Jeff     

1970 Dodge Super Bee
1969 Barracuda
 Massachusetts

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2008 - 10:22:19 AM »
I did take a couple pics but can't find them on the computer!!!!!!!  :swear:  :stomp:  :bricks1:

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2008 - 10:33:46 AM »
Ok, I looked in a the file that I thought it wasn't going to be in but it was there!  :dunno:

It looks like I had a brain fart and it looks like a black R/T stripe.

Offline ChallengerGary

• Resident
    • Challenger Gary
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2008 - 12:41:41 PM »
Ok, I looked in a the file that I thought it wasn't going to be in but it was there!  :dunno:

It looks like I had a brain fart and it looks like a black R/T stripe.

The green one looks like it may be an R/T - SE  :bigsmile:
2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Mega Cab 5.7 Hemi

1972 Dodge Demon - "new" project

AND TOO MANY OTHER MOPARS THROUGH MY HANDS TO COUNT

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2008 - 01:30:57 PM »

Yup...I don't want to go back there...the old lady might chase me with her broom!!!  :roflsmiley:

Just kidding, she was nice, just probably a lot of people have asked her about that car.

Offline R/T hedkace

• Resident
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2008 - 05:10:10 PM »

:thinkerg: Read entire thread  :thinkerg:  :poopoke:

I thought "someone" brought up this issue recently  :roflsmiley:

Thanks for digging up the pics Blue. Pretty cool  :cheers:

By the way, the pic of the green car just might be an R/T S/E possibly  :misbehaving:

Jeff     

1970 Dodge Super Bee
1969 Barracuda
 Massachusetts

Offline Devil

• Forward, Together Forward
    • Ryan's Cars in Barns
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2008 - 11:37:13 PM »
Very cool finds guys.  Looks like alot of good metal is still to be found.

Any more pics of that Chally?

Have a good weekend.

Ryan
Ryan's Cars in Barns

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hemipwr70/
http://carsinbarns.blogspot.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
71 Challenger R/T Clone
69 Charger R/T SE
70 Barracuda
74 Dart Swinger
93 RamCharger
88 Caprice Classic Brougham

Offline 422STROKER

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 6/3/06
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2008 - 09:43:43 AM »
Cool pics, and Hedkace thats about 25 miles from me.

Tom :2thumbs:
Tom
12.77 @ 108.87 15" Street Drag radial tires 3.23 gear

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2008 - 10:27:00 AM »
Any more pics of that Chally?

Have a good weekend.

Ryan

Sorry, that's the only one.  I took it from the street and had to zoom in a bit so the pic is a little grainy.  The pic was from October 2007 I believe.  My friend lives in the next town over so I'll ask him if he still sees it there.  It could be in the garage now with it being winter and all but you never know....  :dunno:

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2008 - 10:48:05 AM »
Emailed my friend, said the Challenger is still there, Weston-Lincoln line, not Acton but close to it.  ;D