Author Topic: the MOPAR Muscle Car market...buying VS. selling  (Read 9809 times)

Offline DAYTONA

Re: the MOPAR Muscle Car market...buying VS. selling
« Reply #75 on: February 13, 2008 - 06:42:01 PM »
Where do you get one of these bubbles?

...a friend of mine with the Ohio Viper Club sells them, Sam Goldfarb.....I think they are also available on line....I believe the official name is "Car Capsule"...I bought all 5 of mine at a car show a few years ago from a vendor in Bedford Indiana....don't have any contact info...pricing was $325-350. when I purchased mine....oil prices have no doubt had an effect on the prices of the bubbles in the last few years...

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #76 on: February 13, 2008 - 06:50:07 PM »
.The money i didnt get for selling the cars too cheap,didnt even come close to how much i have made on my property value increase.Its worth more than twice what i paid for it,even tho i had to sacrifice some mopars to do it.

100% smart operator.....put your money/assets to work to make you the best possible return ...you can always get more toys....MOPARS/cars are like women, there is always another one on the next corner

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #77 on: February 13, 2008 - 06:54:41 PM »
I get bored and want something different. I've had some really nice and rare cars thru the years, it's been a blast! As my wife says, I have MADD..Mopar Attention Defecit Disorder..it's not a hobby, it's a disease.

...I've tried medicine and liquor, but I can't shake the disease either :roflsmiley:.....

.......I've never needed drugs or alcohol, car deals are my vice of choice

Offline ViperMan

• Resident
  • 2017 Carlisle or BUST...
    • JS Custom Cars
« Reply #78 on: February 13, 2008 - 06:56:36 PM »
I really friggin' don't like you...
2000 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe - 8.0L V10, 6-Speed Tremec
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited - Trail Rated - 4.7L V8, Auto
2010 Dodge Challenger SE Rallye - 3.5L V6, Auto (Wife's!)

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #79 on: February 13, 2008 - 07:08:39 PM »
I really friggin' don't like you...

...now ya sound like my wife :bigsmile:

Offline jeryst

• Resident
« Reply #80 on: February 13, 2008 - 07:16:46 PM »
...would ya believe an exotic dancer

...would ya believe, naw, I don't believe that crap either

...seriously, just old, been in business for over 40 years,

...cars have always been a passion since I was old enough to talk.....my mom says my first word was "Ford"...my dad always had nice cars, fast cars, and helped me get my first car and my first new car....he always wanted me to work, save and have a fast car...I have never been unemployed since I was 11 years old....went 27 years one stretch without a vacation....just always worked and worked and worked...now, I like to kick back a little more, take more time to play....had a health scare last year, so I am having all the fun I can before I take that last ride in a Caddy station wagon with flowers on the roof

Pretty vague answer. Means you must be a politician or a lawyer. LOL.

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #81 on: February 13, 2008 - 08:14:56 PM »
Pretty vague answer. Means you must be a politician, LOL.

would ya vote for me :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

sent you a PM

Offline jeryst

• Resident
« Reply #82 on: February 13, 2008 - 08:29:35 PM »
would ya vote for me :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

sent you a PM

Thanks. I tried to reply, but it says your inbox is full.

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #83 on: February 13, 2008 - 08:32:03 PM »
Thanks. I tried to reply, but it says your inbox is full.

someone else told me it was full too....didn't realize I had ever used it that much....thanx, I'll try to figure it out

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #84 on: February 13, 2008 - 08:33:46 PM »
someone else told me it was full too....didn't realize I had ever used it that much....thanx, I'll try to figure it out

You probably have a pm for each viper you own  :bigsmile:  :poopoke:
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #85 on: February 13, 2008 - 08:36:33 PM »
You probably have a pm for each viper you own  :bigsmile:  :poopoke:

but what about all the ones I've sold, LMAO

...I didn't realize I had used it that much, but there were messages on there 2 years old....seems to be clear now

Offline gomangoRT/SE

« Reply #86 on: February 13, 2008 - 10:48:53 PM »
Viper??  Viper??  I thought this was a discussion about Mopar muscle cars :blah:  This is like going to a fight and a hockey game breaks out.   Yea yea ok, technically a Viper is a Mopar muscle car.   All I know is 80% of the posts think the price is going even lower on these cars.   Literally a box car load of people begging to sell off their $100K plus Hemi and six pack cars.  Probably hoping to catch someone lagging while wanting to get into our hobby.   I would sure hate to be trying to sell a high end Mopar.   I think the $30K to $50K cars wont suffer so much, but that being said it seems that everyone is trying to sell a AAR or T/A car nowadays.   I think many of these owner want to ease out before their asset drops even further in price.   Not everyone wants ride out the "bottoming out" of the market in "hopes" that in 3 or 4 or 5 yrs it probably come back.   Like the stock market some people held onto these for too long while pricing were cresting.  Now hold on to the seat of your pants.

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #87 on: February 14, 2008 - 12:42:07 AM »
I wish we could somehow take back our hobby from the speculators and investment types. I realize the odd low mileage, super rare car should be in a museum but for the most part, runnem, thats what they were made for. If you wanna look at something, get a painting or picture.
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline jeryst

• Resident
« Reply #88 on: February 14, 2008 - 01:19:21 AM »
I wish we could somehow take back our hobby from the speculators and investment types. I realize the odd low mileage, super rare car should be in a museum but for the most part, runnem, thats what they were made for. If you wanna look at something, get a painting or picture.

With little or no value appreciation, the speculators and investors are already bailing, that's why the market is heading downward. This leaves the true collectors and enthusiasts, which is us.

Unfortunuately, a lot of good people got caught up in the frenzy, and will probably lose money.

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
« Reply #89 on: February 14, 2008 - 02:55:10 AM »
Where do you get one of these bubbles? Think they will keep 3 kids under 7 away from the paint?
Hey Aperderso,

:nono: I do not think it would be legal to put kids in side one of these bubbles just because you do not want them near your paint buddy.....................

:roflsmiley: :smilielol: :2thumbs:
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.