the MOPAR Muscle Car market...buying VS. selling

Author Topic: the MOPAR Muscle Car market...buying VS. selling  (Read 9821 times)

Offline DAYTONA

Re: the MOPAR Muscle Car market...buying VS. selling
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2008 - 04:08:34 PM »
...for fun/value, a Viper is hard to beat....prices are soft on these too, 50-60% off MSRP is possible on models several years old....depreciation has just about bottomed out and that makes ownership cheap after the initial purchase....all the amenities, good looks, fast, and over 20MPG on the highway....they will run circles around our beloved MOPARS.....GTS/ACR is the one to own, low production and the ACR package, while costing $14K new, doesn't add much to the purchase price of a used Viper.................................GTS/ACR, the '71 HEMI CUDA of the future

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2008 - 06:14:01 PM »
...for fun/value, a Viper is hard to beat....prices are soft on these too, 50-60% off MSRP is possible on models several years old....depreciation has just about bottomed out and that makes ownership cheap after the initial purchase....all the amenities, good looks, fast, and over 20MPG on the highway....they will run circles around our beloved MOPARS.....GTS/ACR is the one to own, low production and the ACR package, while costing $14K new, doesn't add much to the purchase price of a used Viper.................................GTS/ACR, the '71 HEMI CUDA of the future

Do you know if any of the Lemans type cars are able to be street driven? Wasn't there a Viper in race trim with like 750 hp naturally aspirated?
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2008 - 07:27:47 PM »
...the Comp Coupes weren't street legal, also very few of those made and they will also be quite valuable I would guess

...Autoform did a version of the red GTS in 02 that was that was made to look like a Lemans race car, #91 I think....there were just a handful of these built

...also, in 98, Chrysler made 100 of the GTS-R coupes....they have consistently stayed above MSRP, even 10 years later...possibly the all time most collectible Viper.....

...there were Shelby Vipers made too, RT/10s, maybe 98-99....a few mods, very few made

...Vipers are all low production and are all subject to collector interest in the years to come

...pix, the Comp Coupe....NOT street legal

Offline uthustler

« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2008 - 07:45:24 PM »
What's the best deal you guys have seen recently for $60k-ish or less that is for sale out there?

Offline Goehner

• 392 IE
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2008 - 09:21:26 PM »
There is a ton ov vipers on ebay, you can get an idea by doing a search there.
392 Edition on order
08 Mega Cab 3500 SRW 6.7 CTD, 2" Leveling kit, 33" Mickey Thompson MTZ
05 Durango Limited, Yea, it's got a HEMI!!

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2008 - 09:37:55 PM »
What's the best deal you guys have seen recently for $60k-ish or less that is for sale out there?

for a Viper, or an old MOPAR ?

Offline uthustler

« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2008 - 09:40:23 PM »
There is a ton ov vipers on ebay, you can get an idea by doing a search there.

VIPER? PUKE, I just sold a 01 GTS, worst purchase ever, give me a mopar anyday of the week.

Offline Goehner

• 392 IE
« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2008 - 09:41:01 PM »
I just bought my numbers matching 70 R/T ragtop 383 auto, with new paint for around $60k ish..might be some better deals out there, but I really liked the color scheme.
392 Edition on order
08 Mega Cab 3500 SRW 6.7 CTD, 2" Leveling kit, 33" Mickey Thompson MTZ
05 Durango Limited, Yea, it's got a HEMI!!

Offline 1BADFISH™

• Resident
« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2008 - 09:41:46 PM »

Larry, what can a Viper GTS/ACR be had for? I woudl love to have 1 ebody and one of those someday. I personally think the ACR is the best investment Viper, and been told that by more then one person. Would love to have one someday.  

Dave
Charlottetown, PE
2014 GMC Sierra Crew Cab White Diamond edition.
1970 Dodge Challenger 340-6 4spd.
*Member Since* Oct 11, 2005

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2008 - 09:57:36 PM »
Larry, what can a Viper GTS/ACR be had for? I woudl love to have 1 ebody and one of those someday. I personally think the ACR is the best investment Viper, and been told that by more then one person. Would love to have one someday.  

...they are selling in the mid $40K range with low miles....MSRP was around $90K on the 2002 models

...they were made from 99-02, less than a thousand I believe....new ones coming out now for about $100K....wait a few years and buy one of them for $50K

pix, 08 ACR

Offline 1BADFISH™

• Resident
« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2008 - 10:02:27 PM »
Wow nice, of the 99-02 what is the year to get? I looked at them a lot a while back, they're a nice car. would like to drive one first before I set my mind on buying one in the future.   :bigsmile:

Don't you have one in a bubble?  :droolingbounce:

Dave
Charlottetown, PE

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2008 - 10:29:26 PM »
Wow nice, of the 99-02 what is the year to get? I looked at them a lot a while back, they're a nice car. would like to drive one first before I set my mind on buying one in the future.   :bigsmile:

Don't you have one in a bubble?  :droolingbounce:

...some like the 99 models, claim the engine is stronger for mods....

...mainly color selection, certain colors were made certain years, cars are pretty much all the same....both of my ACRs are 02s and one is a Final Edition...they ride rougher but that is about the only difference....my gray one is lowered all the way and rides as rough as possible....the F.E is still stock and is real bouncy....if you get thru Indiana, stop in, I'll let you take a spin :bigsmile:

yep, several are in bubbles :bigsmile:

...sorry, showing my ignorance....unaware you are in Alberta...I don't even know where that is....offer is still open, but don't travel 40 hours to get here, it ain't that thrilling :bigsmile:

« Last Edit: February 12, 2008 - 10:33:07 PM by DAYTONA »

Offline 1BADFISH™

• Resident
« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2008 - 10:42:20 PM »
...some like the 99 models, claim the engine is stronger for mods....

...mainly color selection, certain colors were made certain years, cars are pretty much all the same....both of my ACRs are 02s and one is a Final Edition...they ride rougher but that is about the only difference....my gray one is lowered all the way and rides as rough as possible....the F.E is still stock and is real bouncy....if you get thru Indiana, stop in, I'll let you take a spin :bigsmile:

yep, several are in bubbles :bigsmile:

...sorry, showing my ignorance....unaware you are in Alberta...I don't even know where that is....offer is still open, but don't travel 40 hours to get here, it ain't that thrilling :bigsmile:

Haha, I"m in Calgary, straight north of Montana in Canada. Thanks for the offer, i'll remember that if i'm ever in Indiana. I"m more interested in seeing your car collection.  :2thumbs:   :burnout:

Dave
Charlottetown, PE

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2008 - 11:23:05 PM »
VIPER? PUKE, I just sold a 01 GTS, worst purchase ever, give me a mopar anyday of the week.

Er, what part of a Viper is not Mopar?  ???  :crazy:  I know they sourced some parts for the first gen cars but I would throw doubt on many Mitsu Mopars long before I cast doubt on a Viper being all Mopar.

LOL yeah, I agree with the above post. I dont need to go to Carlisle, Daytonas house would be good enough for me to see a huge selection of muscle Mopars  :bigsmile:
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008 - 11:26:23 PM by bb71challenger »
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline jeryst

• Resident
« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2008 - 01:01:58 AM »
Just a quick question. I looked at some of the Vipers on ebay that were listed as ACR. Most of them look like a plain Viper, but the pics you guys are showing have different sides, corrugated hoods, spoilers, etc. Just wondering about the difference as I am totally ignorant about Vipers.