the MOPAR Muscle Car market...buying VS. selling

Author Topic: the MOPAR Muscle Car market...buying VS. selling  (Read 9830 times)

Offline DAYTONA

Re: the MOPAR Muscle Car market...buying VS. selling
« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2008 - 07:10:18 AM »
Just a quick question. I looked at some of the Vipers on ebay that were listed as ACR. Most of them look like a plain Viper, but the pics you guys are showing have different sides, corrugated hoods, spoilers, etc. Just wondering about the difference as I am totally ignorant about Vipers.

99-02 Vipers are distinguished by the wheels, small tape letters on the front fender sides and the lack of driving lights, there is just a black panel there instead of a light..... a 5pt racing harness, adjustable shocks...about all I can think of that is visible

...the ACR has 10 more hp,

...I'm really not sure what all the differences are on the new 08 ACR, haven't had time to compare one yet

pix....02 GTS/ACR....note the lack of driving lights, the round black panels can be removed for better air flow to the brakes
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008 - 07:14:26 AM by DAYTONA »

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2008 - 07:21:22 AM »
Hey Daytona,

Do you have a Viper of your own ? :bananasmi
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline 1BADFISH™

• Resident
« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2008 - 09:52:56 AM »
Hey Daytona,

Do you have a Viper of your own ? :bananasmi

Think he has a few...show the bubble pics.   :useless:   :bigsmile:

Dave
Charlottetown, PE
2014 GMC Sierra Crew Cab White Diamond edition.
1970 Dodge Challenger 340-6 4spd.
*Member Since* Oct 11, 2005

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2008 - 10:19:49 AM »
Think he has a few...show the bubble pics.   :useless:   :bigsmile:

too many...

....not sure which file the "bubble pix" are in....I'll keep looking...I have over 30K pictures in my files and some aren't where they should be, a long winters project I have been working on correcting

Offline 1BADFISH™

• Resident
« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2008 - 10:22:12 AM »
too many...

....not sure which file the "bubble pix" are in....I'll keep looking...I have over 30K pictures in my files and some aren't where they should be, a long winters project I have been working on correcting

Haha, no worries, I actually thought I saved the bubble pics when I seen them, but most not have. Looks pretty cool I remember that.   :wow:

Dave
Charlottetown, PE

Offline jeryst

• Resident
« Reply #65 on: February 13, 2008 - 11:07:56 AM »
too many...

Hvae you ever tried Picasa? It's a free program from Google. It will scan your hard drvies, and catalogue every picture that you have. It then shows you thumbnails of all photos that you have, by their location. You can graphically browse them, move them around, find duplicates, etc. It works really well, and the best part, is that it's free.

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #66 on: February 13, 2008 - 12:22:55 PM »
Haha, no worries, I actually thought I saved the bubble pics when I seen them, but most not have. Looks pretty cool I remember that.   :wow:

...this may be the picture you were thinking about

...the gray one doesn't have a bubble, I drive it more than the others

Offline 1BADFISH™

• Resident
« Reply #67 on: February 13, 2008 - 12:39:44 PM »
Yeah thats the pic! What are the vipers plugged into, looks like an extension cord going into the front.   :clueless:

Dave
Charlottetown, PE

Offline ViperMan

• Resident
  • 2017 Carlisle or BUST...
    • JS Custom Cars
« Reply #68 on: February 13, 2008 - 12:45:23 PM »
...this may be the picture you were thinking about

...the gray one doesn't have a bubble, I drive it more than the others

I hate you.  No seriously, I hate you...

My rabbit dies, and this guy has four Vipers...

Hate you!

Okay, fine, we'll just call it a "strong dislike."  :)

The new 09 ACR is unchanged engine wise from the newest, 600hp Viper.  They improved it's suspension, and made a few weight saving changes, added a massive rear wing (maybe just a smidge too big, IMO) and have a removable front air splitter - to make it as wide as it needs to be would stick out past the fenders and not be street legal, so they make a center section removable and then the ends slide inwards for daily driving.

There are easily more than a dozen different factory versions of the Viper from over the years.  But many, many Vipers are modified by their owners - different wheels, body kits, wings, trim pieces, etc.  There is an unGodly amount of aftermarket parts for these cars.  The industry will suffer greatly when Viper production is halted.

By the way how did this thread get to be about Vipers?

*scowls at DAYTONA*    Just not fair...

Jeff
2000 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe - 8.0L V10, 6-Speed Tremec
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited - Trail Rated - 4.7L V8, Auto
2010 Dodge Challenger SE Rallye - 3.5L V6, Auto (Wife's!)

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #69 on: February 13, 2008 - 01:00:14 PM »
Yeah thats the pic! What are the vipers plugged into, looks like an extension cord going into the front.   :clueless:

battery tenders...Vipers go dead in a couple of weeks without one

...the bubbles stay inflated by a computer fan...it is in the back, inflates the bubble in about 15 minutes and runs all the time to keep air circulating inside...cars stay clean, you can still see them, no mice/bugs etc and they don't cost much more than a good car cover...I've used them for years, best on cars that don't get out much

the three Vipers in the bubbles have very few miles on them (white one only has 56 miles)

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #70 on: February 13, 2008 - 01:02:31 PM »

By the way how did this thread get to be about Vipers?

Jeff

...I was just kinda thinking the same thing  :roflsmiley: :roflsmiley: :roflsmiley: :bigsmile:

Offline Goehner

• 392 IE
« Reply #71 on: February 13, 2008 - 01:54:05 PM »
Where do you get one of these bubbles? Think they will keep 3 kids under 7 away from the paint?
392 Edition on order
08 Mega Cab 3500 SRW 6.7 CTD, 2" Leveling kit, 33" Mickey Thompson MTZ
05 Durango Limited, Yea, it's got a HEMI!!

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #72 on: February 13, 2008 - 02:06:35 PM »
Where do you get one of these bubbles? Think they will keep 3 kids under 7 away from the paint?

...not sure  :bigsmile:

seriously, I know people that keep motorcycles, tools, mowers, all kinds of stuff in these, especially where they have a barn/garage that isn't the cleanest

Offline jeryst

• Resident
« Reply #73 on: February 13, 2008 - 06:12:00 PM »
Geez Daytona. Hope you don't mind me asking, but what the heck do you do for a living?

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #74 on: February 13, 2008 - 06:37:42 PM »
Geez Daytona. Hope you don't mind me asking, but what the heck do you do for a living?

...would ya believe an exotic dancer

...would ya believe, naw, I don't believe that crap either

...seriously, just old, been in business for over 40 years,

...cars have always been a passion since I was old enough to talk.....my mom says my first word was "Ford"...my dad always had nice cars, fast cars, and helped me get my first car and my first new car....he always wanted me to work, save and have a fast car...I have never been unemployed since I was 11 years old....went 27 years one stretch without a vacation....just always worked and worked and worked...now, I like to kick back a little more, take more time to play....had a health scare last year, so I am having all the fun I can before I take that last ride in a Caddy station wagon with flowers on the roof