Author Topic: Another SE related question  (Read 2976 times)

Offline Red R/T

Another SE related question
« on: February 12, 2008 - 11:05:15 AM »
Can anyone post a pic of the clips used to hold the belt moulding on the top of the door for a 70 chally SE.  I've called a couple of places and they dn't know which clip it is but may be able to find them if they know which clip it is.  The belt moulding is the one inch chrome trim along the top of the door skin and comes in two pieces.  One for the door and a approx 12 inch piece along the top of the quarter along the quarter window glass (outside).  Thanks for any help.  Chuck
Additionally, if anyone has these and would like to sell them I would rather buy from a member than a parts house.  Thanks
1970 Challenger U code R/T SE

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
Re: Another SE related question
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008 - 12:08:16 PM »
I have extra, in fact, i just got them from RT specialties and they are exactly what i already had laying around. so, i can give you how ever many you need and i will post a pic tonight. there are 3 different ones, but the rt specialties guy said there actually 6 different ones. but, in my eyes there is one on the back with a stud, one on the front with a screw in, and the middle 4 are a wing clip that snaps in.

:bigshades:
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline Red R/T

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008 - 12:50:07 PM »
wally,that would be great.  i will pay you for them, that's no problem.  I do appreciate the response.  I'm still looking for SE emblems and I know that will be a challenge.  I don't think I'm going to be able to get the car in for paint until late fall so I'm thinking of just replacing the vinyl top for the summer and putting all the pieces together to get through the summer. At least I will be able to get all the mechanicals and trim taken care of.  Thanks again, Chuck

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2008 - 01:58:03 PM »
good idea, i can take some pictures tonight!  :bigsmile:
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2008 - 06:09:22 PM »
ok heres some pics. how many clips do you need?  :chatting: the bkue clip is an original from my car, the one with the foam is NOS and the bare dark green is RT specialties  :2thumbs: oh and theres an example of it mounted in the
"top-of-door chrome"  :bigsmile:
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline Red R/T

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2008 - 09:20:06 PM »
Wally, I just checked the car and there are 8 holes plus a small clip for that little finger part that wraps around the A pillar.  That means I need 16 + 2.  Just let me know what you want for them or let me buy one from you and I can use it as an example to order more from RTs. Thanks, Chuck

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2008 - 09:44:06 PM »
No problem  :2thumbs:
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline Red R/T

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2008 - 12:53:33 PM »
ok wally, just let me know how much for one or all that I need.  PM me with the particulars and I will get right on it.  I guess the next thing to do will be figure out how to us them lol.  Thanks again for the help!!!  Chuck

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2008 - 01:27:05 PM »
no problem, haha. Ok, we could do one of 2 things. RT specialties sells a pack of 16 for $12. i can sell you the extra you need, and you could buy the pack from RT speicalties or i could sell you all 18. Let me figure out what to do, i need to figure out if i will need alot or a little. the reason being that i dont have 32 clips so id either end up with not enough or too many..  :bigsmile:
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline Red R/T

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2008 - 01:51:55 PM »
No prob, take care of what you need first, I can order more, just need a part number or you can make some mony back on the ones you don't need.  Ok, now I confused myself, lol.  Thanks, Chuck

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2008 - 03:38:31 PM »
 :roflsmiley: no problem..

just to let you know, the guy at RT specialties knows them buy what they are, not sure about a PN.

let me count how many i have again, this is funny  :2thumbs:
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2008 - 02:39:57 PM »
heres a picture Chuck, let me know how many you want on top of the 16 that RT specialties supplies and i'll send them to you. just give me an address.

i hope this helps!  :bigsmile:
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline Red R/T

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2008 - 09:52:41 PM »
thanks wally, i think i'm going to go ahead and order some from RTS.  Hang on to what you have and maybe between the two of us we will have enough ot do both cars considering I'll lose a few in the process...lol  Chuck

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2008 - 09:54:56 PM »
No problem Chuck. i definitely have extra, so let me know when you need some. they'll be here  :2thumbs:

once again, sorry i didnt get back to you sooner.  :bigshades:
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

• Resident
  • Still My Inspiration..1971, Rockingham, Nc
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2008 - 10:00:13 PM »
Chuck.  The only SE emblems I could locate are the Charger ones that Paddock or Year One sells.  They look the same as mine on the car now but I think they mount differently....
Dave or David