For you Newbies, this isnt Moparts, we're a family (pertains to selling parts)

Author Topic: For you Newbies, this isnt Moparts, we're a family (pertains to selling parts)  (Read 2853 times)

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
Some people that are fairly "new" to this site come here thinking that they are here to make a living. If we wanted to pay top dollar for rotten parts we would go to Moparts. People may think that Moparts sets the standard on what you should pay for parts. I think everyone here will agree that C-C.com is one of the last "tainted" places left for us.

It doesnt look very good if you are pushy when selling parts. If we want something we will be sure to communicate with you.

And, last but not least....   :useless:
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline 6packCuda

• Eagle, NE... Member since 11/17/06
Amen Brother!
Dave

Offline alphabuck

• Pics of my project
 :iagree:

well said.  theres plenty of places on the internet for quasi businesses to peddle stuff for a living.  recently sent a body side molding to a guy told him i trade him for a 12 pack ( will work for beer ).  gotta pick up my gas tank a member sold me for 20 bucks. what comes around goes around.

Offline Samuelson1022

I couldn't agree more! The hobby wouldn't be what it is for me without the help and communication I get on this board

Thanks again guys

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
Whats Mopart's??     Is that where all the high prices come from??   :dunno:

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
Maybe we need to limit the number of repetitive for sale posts by the vendors and delete the BTT replys by them just to keep there ad at the top(flmopars).   :villagers:
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
Maybe we need to limit the number of repetitive for sale posts by the vendors and delete the BTT replys by them just to keep there ad at the top(flmopars).   :villagers:

This post may be headed the wrong way guys. I agree on some issues and dont like pushy sales or high priced parts either. But really, everyone is welcome here. There are limiting ways that are adaptable to this situation being posted. flmopars has been the way they are for decades. Most just read and move on if they dont like what they see. It is up to everyone to ask questions ask for lots of pictures and haggle a price if you dont want to pay that much. But even though I dont approve of some of the tactics, I have learned from CC.C to keep a level head (most of the time) and watch out for others.  Pushy sales is a no no though. Most ask and save there money.
Take no offense Amanda. We mean no harm, just some hit it on the head and some are confused.  If we want it, we will contact whomever has it. 

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
I welcome any and all members selling parts here but it is not fair to others to keep posting the same parts for sale  or BTT replys to thier own posts to keep there ads at the top.  :2cents:
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Offline flmopars

See I just work part time for G & D Muscle Carparts and I am trying to sell parts for them like they ask me to do and I really don't like that people are being rude about me like they are if you don't like the prices or parts then don't buy them but please lets all be nice about everyone. I 'd appreciate it. Thanks so much, Amanda

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
I don’t like pushy sales people and will not buy from them & eventually they go away…
I also find its nice so many good people are looking out for the quality of C-C
That’s why I only belong if you wish to use that term to one car forum.
THANK YOU!    :cheers:
Scott
Go Fast & Have Fun...
70 6.1 HEMI 6-speed Drop Top...

Offline Slotts

To all of the members,

I will take the heat for this one folks. I have been buying parts from them directly through Amanda since her arrival. After my first purchase that went well and being very accommodating to my request and price, I posted a positive feedback comment for Amanda – G&D Muscle Car Parts. If that deal would have tanked, believe me, that thread wouldn’t have been written or maybe a different one with an opposite statement.

I just bought some more parts from her a couple of days ago. While checking stock and verifying a price she asked if I had any suggestions on how to offer parts here and gave her my :2cents:.  I told her that I would list maybe two or three harder to find items on their own thread with pictures.

I was only trying to help put a seller and a potential buyer together by giving my advice. If anyone needs a bullseye placed on him or her for doing this, it’s me. If you feel so inclined to tell me how wrong I was for trying to help someone or missing the rules of the road here, please feel free to send me a PM and rip me a new one.

Slotts

Offline moparclown

• Resident
I don't rip anyone,because I sell a lot of parts myself.My job doesn't pay enough to have a hobby so if I want something? I have to sell something.Not a penny from my regular job has been spent on any of my rides(69 cuda fastback,71 cuda 340,76 Dart and my 91 Ford f150 pick-up powered by a paxton supercharger)I try and be fair on my prices,especially here because so many here have been fair to me.I welcome the participation in the parts for sale section because I am always on the lookout for parts for my ever growing junkyard.And as said before-you don't like the price?make an offer,they can only say no.
                                             Be happy to be alive and have the things you want
                                                           The Clown

Offline 'Cuda Hunter

• Sr. Resident
  • Tastes Like Chicken
I don't rip anyone,because I sell a lot of parts myself.My job doesn't pay enough to have a hobby so if I want something? I have to sell something.Not a penny from my regular job has been spent on any of my rides(69 cuda fastback,71 cuda 340,76 Dart and my 91 Ford f150 pick-up powered by a paxton supercharger)I try and be fair on my prices,especially here because so many here have been fair to me.I welcome the participation in the parts for sale section because I am always on the lookout for parts for my ever growing junkyard.And as said before-you don't like the price?make an offer,they can only say no.
                                             Be happy to be alive and have the things you want
                                                           The Clown

This post may be headed the wrong way guys. I agree on some issues and dont like pushy sales or high priced parts either. But really, everyone is welcome here. There are limiting ways that are adaptable to this situation being posted. flmopars has been the way they are for decades. Most just read and move on if they dont like what they see. It is up to everyone to ask questions ask for lots of pictures and haggle a price if you dont want to pay that much. But even though I dont approve of some of the tactics, I have learned from CC.C to keep a level head (most of the time) and watch out for others.  Pushy sales is a no no though. Most ask and save there money.
Take no offense Amanda. We mean no harm, just some hit it on the head and some are confused.  If we want it, we will contact whomever has it. 

I couldn't have said it better myself.  Thanks guys.
  I love this site.  This has become my favorite site.  I don't know what I would do without it.  Moparts doesn't even get looked at anymore as I am always here.  Always looking for a different forum that can compare to here but havn't found one yet.  
  Nothing but good deals and mostly good people on here.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert

As far as selling parts........

I think, to sum it up, if it's a part that can help any member no matter how big small or "junk" someone think's it is they should be allowed to post it up. The ole saying stands true, one mans junk is another mans treasure. Flip the pancake, if we had no parts for these cars this thread may very well have been about "where the hell do we find parts!?!?" or "WE NEED PARTS!".

I think we should count ourselves lucky that people come here and offer these parts to us without us having to search the large and sometimes disgusting world wide web. Of course, there are some items better suited to eBay but for the most I think members like Slotts, XV and others restoring and manufacture parts specifically for us need praise. Post 'em if you've got 'em I say! Pushy is another story but again, people are different and anything in Post/text" form on a screen comes off in different tones to different eyes.

:2cents: :wave:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
Im glad everyone can agree for the most part. I wasn't naming names, but that was done for me earlier in this post. I mainly just have a particular problem with this persons business skills. I wasn't trying to start a huge fight, or say that our average member is out for money. It is nice to at least break even when letting go of parts. I dont make enough to really buy much unless i sell something either, but i also know that the Ebody world can be harsh! i try to be fair.

Anyway, maybe some people cant get a feel for a person through the way they type, but I do. thats all guys.

:misbehaving:

Oh and i more than welcome anyone here, its not my place to push people away from. I just want this place to stay the way it has been for me. I love it here!!  :2thumbs:
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100