Author Topic: MOPARTS  (Read 3603 times)

Offline FY1Challenger

• I'm a llama!
Re: MOPARTS
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2008 - 11:14:51 AM »
You know it's a big ol' world out there. Not everybody is into tubbed 'Cudas or pink 73 R/T clones. Most folks over here could care less that a certain fastener is clear zink plated instead of body color and all that's cool. It's your car, your style. Then there are folks, I'm one, that revel in the details. Want to know how the cars were put together and why there are assembly line variations from plant to plant. That's my thing. Correctness is not a dirty word it's merely a different style. I don't post here much b/c I don't have much to contribute. I spend a lot of time on MOPARTS b/c of what Kissalien pointed out - knowlege. We are lucky to have Chryco and other pros over here, they have a bunch of very knowlegeable folks over on the Resto forum of MOPARTS. That sight has helped numerous times when I needed the skinny on what was correct. Bottom line, two different worlds, both good, both have something to offer for all of us!  :burnout:

kudakidd

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2008 - 12:44:13 PM »
I've been a member there longer than I have been on this board. It's a bit tight with restrictions and yes there are 'characters'. But on the other hand, Ive met (literally) and cruised with many good guys and gals.

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2008 - 01:33:07 PM »

I think I have like, 2 or 3 posts. Post a topic and 6 hours later it's 14 pages back lol.
And obviously the worst part, lots of "tough" guys behind screens acting the hero and stirring...... ::)

Some people have nothing better to do than argue over the smallest pathetic things. Placekicks. :lol:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline HP2

• Resident
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2008 - 02:34:30 PM »
It's just a really large forum. Anytime you get 10,000 people together, there is the potential for conflict. The upside is there is becoup informed people who can answer your questions and share information. Drawback is there are becoup amounts of people who sometimes wanna argue trivial stuff. Its just like any swap meet or event I've ever been too on a bigger scale.

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2008 - 02:56:32 PM »
It sure is tense over there, Just ask Kenny  :roflsmiley:

we go way back!  :drunk:

:bigsmile:
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2008 - 03:50:02 PM »
Moparts itself is a great site. I am on there about everyday.  Really the only troublsome area there is the general forum. All the usuals hang there and cut up some. The unlawful forum is close nit and with a group of muscle heads there showing or bragging about there toys, which we all do. So for the most part, anywhere you desire certain info on just about any type of mopar, you can get your answers there.  I can not really post anything bad about the site, just select people who act like kids.   Good site.  But this is better.  More for my interests. 

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2008 - 05:11:39 PM »
Moparts has a lot of knowledgable guys over there and is a great source for resto questions.It also has a good for sale/wanted section with lots of traffic.The down side is posts sometimes do get lost pages deep real quick and of course there`s all the morons who have nothing better to do than start crap.
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Offline moparclown

• Resident
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2008 - 05:42:17 PM »
I agree 100% with you guys that there are some really great people on Moparts.I have met many of them,some have seen all the Mopars in my yard and have stopped in.It's just the few that can put a real sour taste in your mouth,keep me from speaking up at all over there.I just wish Alan(barrelcuda)would stop in here and few others also.

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2008 - 06:01:23 PM »
In my early days with my Challenger, I had quite a few people over there help me with parts. I haven't been back there in years though. The boards move too fast for me. Unless you log on every 2 hours, I don't know how you keep up.   :grinno:

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline Morris'_Mopars

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2008 - 06:13:28 PM »
Who needs Modrama? :burnout:C.C. is by far the most at home friendly mopar site on the web. Just my :2cents:
Morris' Mopars LLC
Raymond, Illinois
Mopar performance at affordable prices.

Offline hemi71

• Resident
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2008 - 07:19:46 PM »
I've been on there at least 2 years longer than here, i think i have just over 400 posts there...LOL. There is a lot of good info there in the resto and tech areas, the general area is where a lot of the drama goes on and i avoid posting there, although some of the threads can be entertaining.

Offline NoMope Greg

• Resident
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2008 - 07:37:31 PM »
I had heard rumors there was something fishy going on, so I went there and looked , and found this.

Give it a second :2thumbs:

http://www.netdisaster.com/go.php?mode=flood&url=http://moparts.com/

That was pretty good for a couple minutes diversion late on a Friday at work!   :lol:

I've been on this site for about three years now, but haven't posted much.  For the first couple of years, I would check the site out for a few days, then not visit for several months.  Recently, I'm checking in a couple of times a day.  One of the things that keeps me coming back is the very friendly atmosphere of all the posting members - members with lots of knowledge are always willing to help those running into a problem  The fact that someone may have limited experience is never pushed in his/her face - the tone is always respectful, no matter how simple the problem may be to solve.  Even when someone is being teased or scolded, it seems to me to be done in a respectful way.  I'm fortunate to have spent the last eighteen years working for a company with much the same atmosphere, so this site feels very comfortable to me.  Kudos to all those who keep it that way.

Greg
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008 - 07:47:15 PM by sslgreg »
Greg
2003 Ford Escape XLS
Currently Mopar-less :(

Offline miketyler

• Resident
    • www.miketyler.net
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2008 - 08:20:33 PM »
There's a lot of good guys there and occasionally, some excessive EGO. Lots of experience and talent though. Heck, check this new icon out!!!
72' Cuda restomod
70 Mustang Mach 1
07' Toyota Tacoma Prerunner Dbl cab in Speedway Blue!
01' Honda 1100 Shadow Sabre
96' Seadoo Challenger

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2008 - 08:38:48 PM »
Web forums are tools, free for all of us to use.

Sometimes, a larger tool is needed. (insert your own joke) 

It is up to each person to decide what tool to use, or if more than one tool is needed.

Moparts has a lot more members than this site, so it naturally comes with more of all the good and bad things.

I just ignore the bad bit's, or the people who post them. The mod's there have no problem at all banning the real jerks.

Personally, I love to read, so scanning a large forum to see the threads that interest me is no big deal.

The Smilie artist on Moparts is Direct Subjection, he also answers to Taco Head, great guy.

Barry

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2008 - 09:21:46 PM »
The Smilie artist on Moparts is Direct Subjection, he also answers to Taco Head, great guy.

Barry

I have a pickle racing T shirt he made for me :bigsmile: