Author Topic: What color neon?  (Read 1576 times)

Offline jeryst

• Resident
What color neon?
« on: February 15, 2008 - 08:10:43 PM »
I'd like to put some neon accent lighting in the engine compartment and trunk of my Cuda. It is bright red, so I was wondering what color lights to use. I don't know what would look better, red to match the paint, white, or a contrasting color like yellow or blue.

Anyone have any suggestions, examples, etc?

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
Re: What color neon?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008 - 08:38:19 PM »
Sorry jeryst, but I read your post like 5 times, and every time a car that probably belongs in the F&F popped into my head.   :screwy:

Something like this. 

Offline jeryst

• Resident
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008 - 08:53:13 PM »
I would never do anything like that.  :puke:

Just want to make it a little interesting when the sun starts to go down at the cruise-in. The actual lights would be hidden so that only the glow would be seen.

Offline ViperMan

• Resident
  • 2017 Carlisle or BUST...
    • JS Custom Cars
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008 - 12:29:58 PM »
Red.

White will just make it look like a trunk light, green and blue are no good, only other option is yellow, which will need other accents to make it "work."  Red will look nice, and if done tastefully, shouldn't get you too much flaming.  :)

Don't forget the option of LED lighting - less draw on the battery while it sits and takes up less space.

Jeff
2000 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe - 8.0L V10, 6-Speed Tremec
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited - Trail Rated - 4.7L V8, Auto
2010 Dodge Challenger SE Rallye - 3.5L V6, Auto (Wife's!)

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
  • My M46 Barracuda! Member Since:October 01, 2005
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2008 - 12:43:24 PM »
Sorry that is not for me.  Could never put anything on my Barracuda like that.  It will draw all of the attention anyway without all of the lighting.  But each to his own.
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline ViperMan

• Resident
  • 2017 Carlisle or BUST...
    • JS Custom Cars
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2008 - 03:04:58 PM »
Isn't that the great thing about our hobby though?  I mean, isn't variety the spice of life?  Lemme tell you somethin', if I saw 2 Cuda's side by side, one was dead-stock, numbers matching, all original unrestored, and the other was lowered with large wheels, neon lights, and some crazy-ass engine stuffed in it, I'd be checking THAT one out.

I'm not saying it's better, I'm not even saying it's right or wrong, but it's different.  Ever walked over to the other sections at Carlisle?  The 2000+ model-year cars?  Row after row of Neons, Stratus's, Intrepids, 300's (newer and late-model...)  So many of them are just plain stock cars sittin' out there.  Big whoop!  Even the stock Vipers lined up in a row don't get my attention as much as the custom ones - the one-of-a-kinds.  The great thing about a Cuda or Challenger is that you don't see ANY of them around - stock or custom.

I've learned in my short years in this business that everything is going to be different - it has to be, or what's the point?  I say do whatever you want to your 'Cuda.  It's a 'Cuda.  I love 'em all the same.

Jeff

2000 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe - 8.0L V10, 6-Speed Tremec
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited - Trail Rated - 4.7L V8, Auto
2010 Dodge Challenger SE Rallye - 3.5L V6, Auto (Wife's!)