Author Topic: What would be the best way to show your knowledge of the E-bodies?  (Read 1586 times)

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
  • My M46 Barracuda! Member Since:October 01, 2005
What would be the best way to show your knowledge of the E-bodies?
« on: February 16, 2008 - 12:45:21 PM »
What are some ideas of the best way to show knowledge of E-bodies?    :feedback:  I am looking for ideas.
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline Slotts

Re: What would be the best way to show your knowledge of the E-bodies?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008 - 01:00:28 PM »
Start a thread on Moparts! :blah: :smilielol:

Sorry. Seriously, I think completing a ground up restoration of a Cuda or Challenger would be proof.

Slotts

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008 - 01:10:14 PM »
Only problem is that not everyone does all of the work.  I have done several ground up or even resurections from a bone yard.  I know if you follow or do most of the work you would have a wealth of knowledge.
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline hemi71

• Resident
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008 - 04:24:21 PM »
Who are you trying to show your vast knowledge to? Maybe you can write a book, a friend of mine has written several on mechanical work on mopars. I started a local mopar club and am on the founders board. I often write a decoding article for the newsletter, or just share some other bit of Mopar info or trivia there. I also restored several cars and also am working on other people's cars. You can post on here when people ask questions to help em out, thats a good way to showcase your knowledge. People come to me all the time with questions at car shows, I'm known as "Mr Mopar" locally...LOL. You know the cars, the people will come to you.

I dont quite get the idea of showin others what i know though just for sake of showing them i know Mopars...i just do it because I like talking about Mopars and like to share that with others. It's not a hobby to me, it's an addiction.

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2008 - 04:35:56 PM »
I am not trying to show anyone my knowledge of mopars.  I am not writing a book or even want to write a book.  My goal was to help the newbies here to see the vast knowledge base we have on this board.  I am not wanting anything out of this.  I am not trying to show that I know more than you or anyone else.  I have loved mopars all my life and have most likely owned more of them than you ever will.  You may have been on this board longer than me but that does not make you more knowledgeable about the subject.  So back off!!!!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008 - 04:38:56 PM by 426HEMI »

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline Red R/T

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2008 - 04:45:26 PM »
Just to throw some levity into this,  "I can pick a Challenger out of a pack of Fords."   :roflsmiley:  Ohhh, I know that Mopar is short for ......ummmm... wait I know this....... oh yeah, Motor Parts......  Sorry, just didnlt want to see this get too serious and trying to not  :stirpot:...  Chuck
1970 Challenger U code R/T SE

Offline hemi71

• Resident
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2008 - 05:14:03 PM »
I am not trying to show anyone my knowledge of mopars.  I am not writing a book or even want to write a book.  My goal was to help the newbies here to see the vast knowledge base we have on this board.  I am not wanting anything out of this.  I am not trying to show that I know more than you or anyone else.  I have loved mopars all my life and have most likely owned more of them than you ever will.  You may have been on this board longer than me but that does not make you more knowledgeable about the subject.  So back off!!!!

Uhhhh...having a bad day? All i asked was what was your point? I think it's pretty obvious if you know something about a topic that a question is asked of, you can provide your input on this board.

Where did I say i knew more than you did. I acknowledged you had a vast knowledge of mopars. I learn something new about these cars all the time. I could care less how many mopars you've had either, it's not a contest to see who can own more. I've owned quite a few myself, so what?

All the things i listed were valid ways of sharing your knowledge with other people in a helpful way. I thought i was providing some good input to your original question.

Your first post says  "What is the best way to show knowledge of e-bodies"
You ask that question, then above say "Im not trying to show anybody my knowledge of mopars" 

:dunno:

Offline Confederate Cuda

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2008 - 05:16:46 PM »
Easy fellows
I don't think that 426 Hemi was suggesting that your motives were less than pure it is just that the qustion was worded in such a way that it was not clear what you were asking. I for one, still have a lot to learn about building these cars and am glad people like you on the board want to help. I think that one idea would be to choose a particular topic and write a comprehensive how to thread with lots of pics and make it a sticky topic.

Offline Slotts

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2008 - 05:26:44 PM »
It's not a hobby to me, it's an addiction.

I think we can all agree on that one and there are no rehabs for it either. :2thumbs:

Slotts

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2008 - 05:38:09 PM »
Uhhhh...having a bad day? All i asked was what was your point? I think it's pretty obvious if you know something about a topic that a question is asked of, you can provide your input on this board.

Where did I say i knew more than you did. I acknowledged you had a vast knowledge of mopars. I learn something new about these cars all the time. I could care less how many mopars you've had either, it's not a contest to see who can own more. I've owned quite a few myself, so what?

All the things i listed were valid ways of sharing your knowledge with other people in a helpful way. I thought i was providing some good input to your original question.

Your first post says  "What is the best way to show knowledge of e-bodies"
You ask that question, then above say "Im not trying to show anybody my knowledge of mopars" 

Not having a bad day here.  It was the way you worded the first reply.  I just think it is a good idea for all to know a little about us.  Where we are coming from.  I think there are a lot of misconceptions on some of the people here and it would be good to have a thread to show all where we are coming from.  That is why I have started so many different threads and I am still looking for the correct question to ask and how to word it so the thread would be benificial to all here.  That is all I am trying to do. 

:dunno:

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline moparclown

• Resident
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2008 - 05:53:17 PM »
I can look in a can of screws, bolts and nuts and know where they go on an e-body.But for as much as I know?I am still learning everyday.I have learned a lot in the past two years from the great people here and by spending countless hours working on my cars.Any of you remember when I took that 72 challenger apart?Thousands of spot welds were drilled out(I must have been nuts)But I learned a lot.I hope to start on my 71 Cuda by spring,then you'll see how nuts I am(I am the Moparclown) :roflsmiley:

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2008 - 06:44:41 PM »
...I've had lots of cars over lots of years, but I learn stuff EVERY time I tune in here...this place is a WEALTH of knowledge

Offline LAA66

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2008 - 08:16:16 PM »
 I agree Dayton, no one knows all-about these cars. I post what ever helpful thoughts I can from past experience.
And really appreciate the help with areas I haven't worked with. :wave:

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2008 - 08:18:17 PM »
I would agree with that.  There is a lot more to learn about these cars.  I thought I had seen everything and knew a lot about them but I learn something new everyday myself.

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline HemiOrange70

• Resident
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2008 - 08:23:41 PM »
Change your name to G.G. and charge an enourmous amount of $$ to decode mopars......
OR
we have an E-body game show. Th winner gets braggign rights :feedback: