**Updated** My Ultimate Rides dash Pics The Good, The bad and The Ugly

Author Topic: **Updated** My Ultimate Rides dash Pics The Good, The bad and The Ugly  (Read 6072 times)

Offline Confederate Cuda

Here are pictures of my  3 speaker AC dash from ultimate rides. I will try to be accurate about my experience. First the Good - the grain on the pad (although not exact to orginal) is very good, the center speaker with just minor trimming fit well and the Barracuda name plate indention is the correct size, The bad - It took me almost 2 hours to scrape of all the excess foam that was sprayed on the metal pad frame on the underside, there was so much on there that it was holding the pad off the dash frame, the studs on the dashpad aer not in the best of shape and I had to chase them to get them to work, the ac vents do not fit well at all as you can see from the gap in the pictures, I had to wait almost 4 months to get the pad and then another 2 months to get my core deposit back ( I must have called them 20 times)  The Ugly - the plastic trim that goes on the drivers side is so far off I don't know how to fix it. The basic problem is that the pad is too thick and will not allow the trim to fit over it.

With all that said, I am not sure whats a better alternative but I would hope that the quality improves. 
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008 - 07:57:42 PM by Confederate Cuda »

Offline Katfish

• Resident
  • 70 Challenger
Re: My Ultimate Rides dash Pics The Good, The bad and The Ugly
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008 - 04:03:43 PM »
I think that AC gap area would bother me the most.  Otherwise seems like typical aftermarket/repo issues.  Not great, but what other options do we have.

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008 - 05:10:06 PM »
maybe I was lucky but my justdashes dash fits and looks great.

Sorry that your dash is off a little...  why didnt you send them your core to recover?

I did on my car I wonder if they used a ruff core on yours making the fit a little off?  :dunno:

Good luck.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008 - 05:32:37 PM by thedodgeboys »
Go Fast & Have Fun...
70 6.1 HEMI 6-speed Drop Top...

Offline Confederate Cuda

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008 - 05:19:33 PM »
I did send them my core but it was a non-AC dash. If I can figure out a way to make the trim piece fit, I will just have to live with the vents. I hope it looks better in the car.

Offline Katfish

• Resident
  • 70 Challenger
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2008 - 05:44:36 PM »
Looks like you could cut a sliver of the foam out.  Then you could glue it down (together) under compression.

Offline az-nick

• NicksClassicParts
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2008 - 06:24:24 PM »
I keep looking at your pad and I still don't understand why you haven't taken a minute and called them about the problems you have with it. You could send them the pictures and ask them is this the way it is suppose to be and get this resolved.
I don't know you and I hope you don't think that I am bashing you for not calling them but I don't understand why you would rather not get it resolved and just complain about it here. And Yes I am a vendor and I sell many parts, I would hope one of my customers would contact me with a problem then to sit on it and vent about it on the Internet without the selling party aware of it.
Nothing gets resolved without letting the other party know what has happened.
I have had 2 issues with the group buy, 1 was a damaged pad in shipment and the other was a blemish on the pad and Ultimate Rides handled both issues immediately once I called them.
...... Good Luck with your decision.....

Offline MoparCar

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2008 - 06:35:53 PM »
Well, I just recieved mine on the group buy about a 1/2 hour ago. Three speaker A/C black. Looks great so far. I'll set the vents in place tomorrow and let you guys know. First looks says nice. And yes, if I have any problems I'll contact you first Nick. I don't think there will be any though by the looks of the product.

Wes

Offline JayBee

• Resident
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2008 - 08:09:07 PM »
So far I only have one issue with my UR pad, hopefully there won't be any more when I go to install it. Basically, there is enough material at the upper part of the "dogleg", where the light bar is. Mine isn't the only one I've seen like this.
John

1970 Barracuda convertible
2014 Toyota Avalon

Offline Confederate Cuda

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2008 - 09:28:22 PM »
I keep looking at your pad and I still don't understand why you haven't taken a minute and called them about the problems you have with it. You could send them the pictures and ask them is this the way it is suppose to be and get this resolved.
I don't know you and I hope you don't think that I am bashing you for not calling them but I don't understand why you would rather not get it resolved and just complain about it here. And Yes I am a vendor and I sell many parts, I would hope one of my customers would contact me with a problem then to sit on it and vent about it on the Internet without the selling party aware of it.
Nothing gets resolved without letting the other party know what has happened.
I have had 2 issues with the group buy, 1 was a damaged pad in shipment and the other was a blemish on the pad and Ultimate Rides handled both issues immediately once I called them.
...... Good Luck with your decision.....

I will call them, it is just that I am just now finding the issues with the dash. I placed the vents in last week and have been working on it again this weekend. I want to make sure I know everything that is wrong before I call them. I don't really consider my post complaining but rather stating the facts of my purchase experience as I list the good aspects as well. I have had the dash for 6 months or so now so I don't know how willing they will be to help me but I will give them the opportunity.

Offline FM3V6M

• TX9 383 4spd
    • mytx9cuda
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2008 - 09:36:53 PM »
Got mine done by Just Dashes and its perfect!  I'm sure Nick will take good care of you if you have any issues with yours.  Nick is super to deal with, he just score a pair of sail panels and visors for my Cuda and I will go to him with any other needs.

Offline az-nick

• NicksClassicParts
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2008 - 09:59:43 PM »
I will call them, it is just that I am just now finding the issues with the dash. I placed the vents in last week and have been working on it again this weekend. I want to make sure I know everything that is wrong before I call them. I don't really consider my post complaining but rather stating the facts of my purchase experience as I list the good aspects as well. I have had the dash for 6 months or so now so I don't know how willing they will be to help me but I will give them the opportunity.

Contact him, do that, I have already talked to him about your problem tonight and he said that he has not heard of this problem before either from you or anyone else so he is interested in it. Tell him Nick said he talked to you (Allen) about it and tell him you would like to send him the pictures with the concerns you have and ask him what he thinks. ....... Good Luck

Offline az-nick

• NicksClassicParts
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2008 - 10:03:18 PM »
To everyone that reads this post.....

This is a good reason to check everything you buy as soon as you can, it is easier to deal with the vendor when the item is fairly new to you then later when no one remembers........

Offline Confederate Cuda

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2008 - 10:07:51 PM »
Nick,
Do you have his e-mail? I remember his name was Alan Foxx but I do not have his card handy.

Offline az-nick

• NicksClassicParts
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2008 - 10:11:18 PM »
Nick,
Do you have his e-mail? I remember his name was Alan Foxx but I do not have his card handy.

I have his email but I am unsure if it is his personal email or not so I am hesitant to give it out.

His number is 915-859-5155, you will get a recording , then hit 301.....

Offline Confederate Cuda

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2008 - 10:35:38 PM »
Thanks Nick
I will give him a call as it seems I have more problems than just the vents. I just tried to put my lower trim on and as you can see it's not very close?? I understand if you do not want to give his e-mail out but could I send them to you and have you foward them on?? I just want to make sure he can see what I am talking about when I call.

Thanks
Mark