Author Topic: Front end tools for loan  (Read 1091 times)

Offline Katfish

• Resident
  • 70 Challenger
Front end tools for loan
« on: February 16, 2008 - 06:15:14 PM »
I bought the tools to rebuild my front end.  Made things much easier.  But I was thinking this was an large expense for a 1 time deal.

If anyone would like to borrow the tools, I'll give you the same deal Autozone does, leave a deposit and it will be refunded when tools are returned.

I'm thinking it will cost you $20-$30 (besides the deposit).  You pay shipping to and back and Paypal fees.  Not looking to make any money, just help someone out.

I have the upper ball joint socket, UCA bushing remover, LCA pivot remover, LCA bushing sleeve remover, torsion bar remover.  Basically everything you need, minus upper & lower ball joint seperators.  I used a pickle fork for this.

Offline FJ5_440

• Wisconsin
Re: Front end tools for loan
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008 - 06:51:55 PM »
Nice Offer Katfish.  My friends and I used to do the same thing.  Maybe we could start a thread of specialty tools available to other members by area?  That way you might not even need to ship stuff.

BTW, This is just a reminder that it can be helpful to other members if you put your general location under your avatar.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008 - 08:13:59 PM by FJ5_440 »
** Shane **

Offline GoodysGotaCuda

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008 - 06:59:24 PM »
Wow, i sure wish this was up last year when i had my suspension apart. I had to skip some things for the time being because i couldnt front the $$ for the tools. Nice offer!!
Build Page: Goody's 'Cuda Build Page
1976 Dodge Warlock
1972 Barracuda - 5.7 Hemi + T56 Magnum

Wheel & Tire Specs:Link

Offline CrazyPete

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008 - 07:04:54 PM »
thaks i may be intrested here in a few months

1970 Dodge Challenger T/A      http://heartlandmopars.com
1970 Plymouth Barracuda Gran Coupe
1976 Dodge Dart Sport
"Is that an oil leak?  No it's just sweat from all that HORSEPOWER"

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2008 - 09:53:27 AM »
Katfish....That is way too cool....  :thumbsup:

Bullitt
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!

Offline moparnut

• Resident
  • Nutin like a nice Piece of Hickory"Clint Eastwood
    • My Photo's
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008 - 10:56:38 AM »
I bought the tools to rebuild my front end.  Made things much easier.  But I was thinking this was an large expense for a 1 time deal.

If anyone would like to borrow the tools, I'll give you the same deal Autozone does, leave a deposit and it will be refunded when tools are returned.

I'm thinking it will cost you $20-$30 (besides the deposit).  You pay shipping to and back and Paypal fees.  Not looking to make any money, just help someone out.

I have the upper ball joint socket, UCA bushing remover, LCA pivot remover, LCA bushing sleeve remover, torsion bar remover.  Basically everything you need, minus upper & lower ball joint seperators.  I used a pickle fork for this.
How much were all the tools?Can you post a pic of them?I have 2 front ends to rebuild but also like buying and having my own tools.Where did you buy them?do you want to sell them?Sorry guys if i am taking away from the loaner tools with my post.

thanks
70 Barracuda Gran Coupe,383-4bbl,# Match
2012 Subaru Forester
70 D100 Adventurer 383 pickup
02 F250 S'cab Powerstroke 7.3 4x4 6 speed Manual
06 Honda VTX1800S Spec 3

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2008 - 11:05:44 AM »
How much were all the tools?Can you post a pic of them?I have 2 front ends to rebuild but also like buying and having my own tools.Where did you buy them?do you want to sell them?Sorry guys if i am taking away from the loaner tools with my post.

thanks

They are for rent...  And if he sold them, then others wont benefit. You only need them temporarily also, unless you think you will be rebuilding bunches of mopar suspentions. American muscle sells everything you need in any type of kit you want

Offline moparnut

• Resident
    • My Photo's
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2008 - 12:06:17 PM »
They are for rent...  And if he sold them, then others wont benefit. You only need them temporarily also, unless you think you will be rebuilding bunches of mopar suspentions. American muscle sells everything you need in any type of kit you want
i understand,kinda why i said sorry if i was taking away from people that wanted to rent them.Call me funny,i just like having tools when i need them,reguardless if i use them once or more.My new Cutmaster 51 plasma cutter will probably see little use,but its nice to have around.
2012 Subaru Forester
06 Honda VTX1800S Spec 3

Offline moparnut

• Resident
    • My Photo's
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2008 - 12:12:32 PM »
Also,is there any sites with instructions on rebuilding the front end?
thanks

I would probably be interested in renting them as well if i'm not going to buy
2012 Subaru Forester
06 Honda VTX1800S Spec 3

Offline Katfish

• Resident
  • 70 Challenger
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2008 - 12:16:35 PM »
Technically they're not for rent, I won't make any money.  I'll loan them so others don't have to spend on something they don't plan on keeping.

I got everything here:

http://www.magnumhp.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=57_59&products_id=207
http://www.magnumhp.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=57_59&products_id=209

The tool for removing the LCA shell is the best of the bunch.  I did the 1st side like everyone seems to suggest, beat / chisel/ beat some more.  This tool works great and saves the aggravation.

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2008 - 12:17:31 PM »
Also,is there any sites with instructions on rebuilding the front end?
thanks

I would probably be interested in renting them as well if i'm not going to buy

There are a few of us here that can walk you through the task if you need. I went to firestone frontend rebuild school in 1975, I havent read anything on rebuilding a front end other than my service manual. They are really quite simple to rebuild when you have the tools and safety stands and such.  Were ready when you are. :2thumbs:

Offline moparnut

• Resident
    • My Photo's
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2008 - 06:25:51 PM »
thanks Moparal.Thanks for the links Katfish,thats stuff is relatively cheap,I would have expected it to be a few hundred bucks,think I'll just buy the stuff
thanks
2012 Subaru Forester
06 Honda VTX1800S Spec 3