Author Topic: Neglected 1970 Barracuda Vert....  (Read 7857 times)

Offline back n black

Neglected 1970 Barracuda Vert....
« on: February 20, 2008 - 01:41:47 PM »
A couple of years ago, I was trying very hard to buy a 1970 barracuda convertible with v6.  The owner, was ready to sale or told me he was, then once it came time to close the deal, he would always blow me off.  He runs a few local businesses and always claimed to be just to busy to take my money.  I really wanted a vert, so I was very persistant and stayed with the routine for a couple of weeks.  I called daily, and would typically get, "ya, ya, that's a great, car, ya, ya, I'd like to sale it to you.  Ya ya, everyone is always trying to get it bought and I get calls about it all the time.  Hold on a second...I have another call."  Then the guy would be gone. It would be hard to catch him for a day or two and then this process would repeat it's self.  

After awhile, I kind of gave up on it and starting looking for other cars.  I saw the guy about a year ago and he asked me if I still wanted the convertible?  He said that he had just turned down $40,000 the other day.  I told him he should have taken the forty and ran and I didn't want the car bad enough to pay forty for it.  Actually, after jacking around with him the first time, no way I would even pay what I offered the first time (which was too much).

One day this past summer,  I was driving by the building he keeps the car stored at. The car was sitting inside the building with all kinds of boxes of crap stacked on top of it.  I think Daytona might have posted a picture then.  I noticed a couple of months ago, that he must have aquired more boxes of crap and no longer had room for the cuda indoors.   I really can't believe that the guy didn't take my money and I am glad I didn't give it to him.  He is letting the cuda rot outside to store crap that's not worth the potential of this car.  A couple of good years in the Indiana elements and there won't be much left.

Here is a picture I took today on my camera phone.  Not the greatest quality, but I think you can get the idea.

Offline HemiOrange70

• Resident
Re: Neglected 1970 Barracuda Vert....
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008 - 01:54:13 PM »
I guess people hold these cars like trophies, I have one and if U want it you better pay big time, otherwise I have the power to let it rot to nothing......stupid people :villagers:

Offline back n black

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008 - 02:08:32 PM »
I think you may have hit the nail on the head...

He definately doesn't enjoy driving it because the car hasn't ran or been streetable for years.  I do however think he likes the attention associated with towing it outside out where others can see it.  I know that many local Mopars guys have inquired about it.  I don't think they inquire because the car is so great and desirable, they inquire because the car appears to be neglected.  I bet some guys think this might be the "$500 barn find" they have always dreamed of.

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008 - 02:31:56 PM »
it will be a $500 outside the barn find in a few years....I can`t believe idiots like that can still move around this planet freely  :swear: :stomp:
*** Bart ***

Offline back n black

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2008 - 02:52:12 PM »
it will be a $500 outside the barn find in a few years....I can`t believe idiots like that can still move around this planet freely  :swear: :stomp:

:roflsmiley: :roflsmiley: :roflsmiley:

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2008 - 06:02:08 PM »
I can't even begin to understand his train of thought. Does he not realize the value of this car shrinks by the day as it sits there and rots? No doubt there are holes in the top, and who knows what else.   :pullinghair:

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2008 - 06:17:00 PM »
Well as I look at the picture, it is setting next to a waste managment dumpster isn't it? We could haul it off for trash

Offline back n black

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2008 - 06:43:54 PM »
The car sits in a place that is pretty visible to traffic and right buy some loading docks.  I wouldn't be surprised if one day, someone much more sinister then I, decides to pull up steal it.  It could be gone in quick minute and I doubt it would ever be recognized as a hemi clone. 

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2008 - 09:53:28 PM »
Where's it at?? 

Offline elitecustombody

• Supra collector
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2008 - 11:48:15 PM »
thats just sad, forgive the lack of my mopar info, but I thought theese cars came with slant 6 not a v6 motors
Stefan B

Elite Custom Body = AMD Sheetmetal & Glass at great prices !!

Don't do what's easy, do what's right!!

Offline moparclown

• Resident
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2008 - 05:11:24 AM »
Tell him I will trade him a 76 Dart swinger that is worth $50000 :roflsmiley:

Offline back n black

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2008 - 07:04:30 PM »
thats just sad, forgive the lack of my mopar info, but I thought theese cars came with slant 6 not a v6 motors

proof reading.... :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Offline ViperMan

• Resident
  • 2017 Carlisle or BUST...
    • JS Custom Cars
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2008 - 07:06:04 PM »
Hey I'll admit, my 'Cuda is currently sitting with a thin layer of snow on top, and is, well, at least 60 yards away from a WM Dumpster...  But I do use it!  And y'all know I'm working to fix it up!

Jeff
2000 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe - 8.0L V10, 6-Speed Tremec
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited - Trail Rated - 4.7L V8, Auto
2010 Dodge Challenger SE Rallye - 3.5L V6, Auto (Wife's!)

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2008 - 07:09:03 PM »
 :clueless:  Does ya'll and snow go into the same sentence Jeff :bigsmile: :roflsmiley:

Offline ViperMan

• Resident
  • 2017 Carlisle or BUST...
    • JS Custom Cars
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2008 - 07:10:36 PM »
Me thinks you raise a good point, my friend...

I'm fixin' to go over yonder and think about it for a while, I reckon...

Jeff
2000 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe - 8.0L V10, 6-Speed Tremec
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited - Trail Rated - 4.7L V8, Auto
2010 Dodge Challenger SE Rallye - 3.5L V6, Auto (Wife's!)