Just ordered XV level II suspension

Author Topic: Just ordered XV level II suspension  (Read 36247 times)

Offline gkring

Just ordered XV level II suspension
« on: February 21, 2008 - 03:59:50 PM »
I finally bit the bullet.
Ordered the levell II kit for the challenger.
Had to tell someone besides my wife, she doesn't seem as excited about it.
An alterkation front end would have been cheaper by far, but I knew I had to have an XV kit on at least one of my cars. The barracuda will surely end up a horsepower monster so the Gmachine type suspension would not work as well as a ladder bar or 4 link. An alterkation is a better fit for the barracuda.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009 - 11:53:38 PM by gkring »
Greg
1970 Challenger convertible-in process
1970 Barracuda driver

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
Re: Just ordered XV level II suspension
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008 - 04:07:06 PM »
... Of course you know that now you will need to provide us with update pics of your installation now.   :grinyes:

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline 72hemi

• Resident
  • MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2006
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008 - 04:13:49 PM »
 :iagree:Definately keep us updated on your progress. Did you order just the front or did you get the rear as well?
1972 Dodge Challenger 340 6 Pack 4-speed
1996 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2008 - 04:26:26 PM »
That's awesome. Definitely keep us posted. I was just looking at their suspension kits. I WANT one!! It's one step below what you got. I think level III??? Would be nice with a Keisler 5-speed!!! Way to go!!! Should give a KILLER ride!! :2thumbs:

Matt B.
Matt

Offline Danishmopar

• 70´ Challenger. Denmark, scandinavien.
    • Overhauling 70´Challenger
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2008 - 04:29:28 PM »

Sweet stuff  :2thumbs:
Work and Supportet your forces at 821st Air Base Group. Thule AB, Greenland
Pictures of My challenger: http://picasaweb.google.dk/dennisogkatja/Overhauling70Challenger#

Offline MoparCar

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2008 - 08:30:33 PM »
gkring,
Nice going. I'd been following your post on Moparts also where you were trying to see if they were going to produce a lower cost Stage II set-up as DQ Hemi/XV had mentioned on that post. Did you have any luck in this?

I'm up to the suspension decision point also, and as is the XV II is most likely out of reach price wise, but if they came out with a less costly option I'd be very interested.

Thanks, Wes

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2008 - 09:11:33 PM »
Sweet stuff I looked hard at it but just way too much money....

Please keep us updated  :bananasmi
Go Fast & Have Fun...
70 6.1 HEMI 6-speed Drop Top...

Offline gkring

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2008 - 10:13:53 PM »
Nothing from a cheaper standpoint. John Buscema (DQHEMI) probably thinks everyone is blowing smoke about purchasing a cheaper alternative. I don't see where they can cut corners unless they just want to have a price drop, but then it would not be an alternative setup between their level I and level II. I don't expect them to offer a middle choice between their two levels, and was suprised they even mentioned it. The way they have it designed you almost have to buy the front and rear setup. Why would you buy the front and trust all their engineering and shock setups without also doing the rear? I will say I am not buying direct from them, but through one of their distributors. The discount from the XV list prices is pretty good. www.moparsupercenter.com Jeff Hunter is their E commerce manager and has done a good job of building a relationship with them. He says they sell alot of crate motors and OEM type parts to them for their builds and it was only natural to become a distributor for XV. I am the first level II kit he has sold.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008 - 10:27:08 PM by gkring »
Greg
1970 Challenger convertible-in process
1970 Barracuda driver

Offline MoparCar

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2008 - 08:51:55 AM »
I will say I am not buying direct from them, but through one of their distributors. The discount from the XV list prices is pretty good. www.moparsupercenter.com Jeff Hunter is their E commerce manager and has done a good job of building a relationship with them. He says they sell alot of crate motors and OEM type parts to them for their builds and it was only natural to become a distributor for XV. I am the first level II kit he has sold.

Thanks for the tip. I didn't know they were a XV dealer. I bought my 6.1 Hemi through Hendick's/moparsupercenter and had very good service and pricing.

I didn't see the XV suspension items on their website? I'll have to give Jeff a call.
Thanks!
Wes

Offline MoparCar

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2008 - 08:58:56 AM »
Thanks for the tip. I didn't know they were a XV dealer. I bought my 6.1 Hemi through Henthingy's/moparsupercenter and had very good service and pricing.

Hmmmm.... it looks like the real name of the dealer/mopar supercenter gets edited by the automatic filter on the site. It's Rick Hendr _ _ _ s Dodge

Offline elitecustombody

• Supra collector
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2008 - 09:26:21 AM »
I get mine directly from XV at around 18% off list price, can distributor sell at better prices than theese?

« Last Edit: February 22, 2008 - 05:02:05 PM by exvelocity »
Stefan B

Elite Custom Body = AMD Sheetmetal & Glass at great prices !!

Don't do what's easy, do what's right!!

Offline DQHemi

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2008 - 10:49:23 AM »
I get mine directly from XV, can distributor sell at better prices than theese?

$6220.85 front
$2817.85 rear

Mopar Supercenter is an authorized Dealer for XV Motorsports and are able to sell our entire product line.

The pricing structure on all our products has more than one tier based upon the buyer.  The prices you are quoting above are what we refer to as "SHOP" pricing that we extend to professional builders and shops.  To get these prices from us, you need to provide us with proof of a relevant business - i.e. a business certificate indicating you are in the business of building/restoring/working on cars. 

Without the proof of business we charge all customers our retail prices.  I just wanted to clarify this so no-one thinks they will just get a cheaper price by calling us, rather than buying through an authorized dealer. 

John Buscema
XV Motorsports
www.xvmotorsports.com

Offline back n black

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2008 - 10:59:49 AM »
I've been checking out their ads lately.  I have been wanting to here from someone with their products.  They look awesome.

Offline 72hemi

• Resident
  • MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2006
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2008 - 11:12:47 AM »
DQHemi are your products all in stock or is there a wait time for delivery?
1972 Dodge Challenger 340 6 Pack 4-speed
1996 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe

Offline DQHemi

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2008 - 11:56:43 AM »
DQHemi are your products all in stock or is there a wait time for delivery?

Generally, our products are in stock, but we are periodically out on certain items as we wait for pieces to come in.  We deal with many suppliers across our product lines and inevitably there's a hiccup somewhere.  On the Level II Suspensions the K-Members get made to each order as they vary by engine configuration, rears are all off the shelf pieces.  New products as we introduce them sometimes get backed up as production gets up to speed, or if we don't anticipate demand correctly.  We'll start announcing a number of new products shortly, including some for late models (including the Challenger)...

John
John Buscema
XV Motorsports
www.xvmotorsports.com