Author Topic: Body in White Program  (Read 905 times)

Offline 70RAG383

• I'm a llama!
Body in White Program
« on: February 22, 2008 - 03:03:09 PM »
Not sure if anyone has seen this before but I found it quite interesting for anyone doing a full ebody restoration.  The US Car Tools guys who make the cool frame connectors have this new "body in white"  program where they will repair a unibody for $15K.  Sounds very reasonable if you have a real rust bucket that you want to restore.

Check out the link:

http://uscartool.com/bodyinwhite/index.html

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
Re: Body in White Program
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008 - 04:41:51 PM »
I saw that yesterday, but it didnt say if you had to tear it down all the way yourself or if they did.  Some rot buckets are worth the 15k face lift. Might of even helped the barrel cuda to keep costs down.

Offline 70RAG383

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008 - 05:14:38 PM »
I'm going to check with them to see what's included. 

bbscamp

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008 - 11:51:10 AM »
Interesting.  It just makes me wonder why my 70 chally body with all the rust repaired isn't worth 10K.   There was no interest on the list.   :clueless:

Offline 70RAG383

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2008 - 06:03:57 PM »
That's surprising.  I would think if your unibody had no rust it would easily go for over $10K.  I've seen some absolute disasters sold on eBay for $10K or more.  Did you list it for sale on this site?

bbscamp

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2008 - 10:21:09 PM »
Yup, listed here.  initially listed at 12K.  All rust work done at autorust tech for $9K. new decklid and rear valence, frame connectors and torque boxes installed.   70 S6 chally, bucket/console interior.  B5 ext, Black interior.   Now...sublime!  :wow:

Offline 70RAG383

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2008 - 10:19:13 AM »
A little off-topic, but were you happy with the Autorust guys?  I met them at a show here in Canada and was impressed with their knowledge and what they could do.  What did they do for $9K and how long did it take?

bbscamp

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2008 - 04:47:46 PM »
Auto rust is a great bunch of guys, they know what they are doing.  However, for a cosmetically concourse resto, some of the welding repairs won't looks stock.  However, it will be safe and strong for a driver.

They are honest, and trustworthy folk. I'd recomend them to anyone.   Tell them Mike from the NJ high school sent you!   :bigsmile: :bananasmi