Author Topic: Repro 70 cuda grill SS trim - which ones are Ok?  (Read 590 times)

Offline OzCuda

Repro 70 cuda grill SS trim - which ones are Ok?
« on: February 25, 2008 - 05:06:31 PM »
I shared a complete set of trim with another cuda owner here in Sydney ($300 each) that we bought from an Australian distibutor and it is all junk.  My shop couln't believe it was new and thought it was old stuff that had been repaired.  As they split the order, I don't have any brand for the trim but was wondering if everybody sells te same stuff or some is better than others.  Of course, would like to know who sells the good stuff.
'70 Barracuda

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
Re: Repro 70 cuda grill SS trim - which ones are Ok?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008 - 05:08:42 PM »
 This is the first feedback I've seen on any of the 70 cuda grill trim.   :dunno: 

Offline 72hemi

• Resident
  • MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2006
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008 - 05:09:58 PM »
When I purchased my grille from goodmark it came with the trim and both were of excellent quality. I don't know if they sell the trim by itself or not though.
1972 Dodge Challenger 340 6 Pack 4-speed
1996 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe

Offline OzCuda

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008 - 07:07:33 PM »
This was a set of 4 pieces of replacement trim, I kept the upper and lower straight pieces and the other guy took the eyebrows.  Word is that my straight sections have a bow in them which appears to be expansion from the polishing process, and don't follow the line of the grill very well at all (they believe it would be under some tension if fitted and could break off the plastic tabs.  The eyebrow pieces apparently need quite a bit of bending and work to make them fit, and were too short by 10mm on the top (to meet up with the original upper straight section) and had rolled edges rather than the sharp edges of a factory piece. he also reported that the finish was nowhere near as good as the factory finish.  Will keep you posted on progress and results.
'70 Barracuda