Author Topic: Carlilse Suggestion  (Read 3569 times)

nivvy

Carlilse Suggestion
« on: February 28, 2008 - 06:01:38 PM »
Since some people will be driving log haul how about a local get tow/garage info etc. if you break down nearby.....  :2cents:

Offline 6packCuda

• Eagle, NE... Member since 11/17/06
Re: Carlilse Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008 - 06:40:12 PM »
Stroker, your signature pic. is giving me a headache. ;)
Dave

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008 - 06:47:29 PM »
Like breaking down would ever happen.  :lol:

The first year I took my Chally up there, AAA towed me home the last 86 miles. A lack of fuel pressure because of multiple problems. I won't bore you with the details. Thanks previous owner.  :dupe:

The next year, my car started billowing white smoke when I got close to the Hotel. I blew the torque converter seal. I limped along that Friday, then returned home that Saturday morning. I smoked the crap out of whatever was behind me. It took a gallon of tranny fluid just to get back home. My exhaust pipes, and rear bumper were cover in red tranny fluid. Great picture, isn't it?   :lol: I guess the bottom line is, stuff happens. I don't know of any place up there to take your car. How far of a drive is it for you?

Mike

EDIT: There are 2 auto parts stores close to the fairgrounds.

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008 - 06:56:19 PM »
Jason,
You're Avatar is a little fuzzy. Did she use too much hair spray?? :roflsmiley: I know I am driving about 400 miles and certainly hope I don't break down :scared:. Stuff happens. I've got AAA plus but they won't tow 400 miles, I think 50?? I guess a reputable contact would be a plus!!
 8)

Matt B.

Matt

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2008 - 07:00:00 PM »
AAA+ covers 100 miles of towing, so that saved me. They will tow further, but then it is on your dime.   :money:

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2008 - 07:10:20 PM »
If the car breaks down, I'll put it on the trailer . . if the tow vehicle fails . . . now we have a problem.   :banghead:

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2008 - 07:10:57 PM »
Mike, is that 100 mile figure with their extended coverage, AAA Plus or AAA Gold or something like that? When I've had my car towed locally I've been given something like 10 miles on the regular plan.

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2008 - 07:14:55 PM »
Mike, is that 100 mile figure with their extended coverage, AAA Plus or AAA Gold or something like that? When I've had my car towed locally I've been given something like 10 miles on the regular plan.

Yes, I have AAA Plus.  :grinyes:  Of course, the cost is Plus sized too.   :eek7:  So after all these years, they are still making out on me. Just like the insurance companies.  :pullinghair:

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD

Offline ViperMan

• Resident
  • 2017 Carlisle or BUST...
    • JS Custom Cars
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2008 - 08:38:03 PM »
Ya know I thought I had posted in this thread but I guess it got lost...

I know a good guy who did all our towing at the dealership.  I can try giving him a call ahead of time just to see if he can kinda be on "stand by" for towing.  He's not exactly local to Carlisle, but not too far out - for the people who will be staying at the hotel and such, he'll be in the area.

Jeff
2000 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe - 8.0L V10, 6-Speed Tremec
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited - Trail Rated - 4.7L V8, Auto
2010 Dodge Challenger SE Rallye - 3.5L V6, Auto (Wife's!)

Offline cudagirl4406pk

• Yes i am a Girl and No you cant drive my CUDA
    • Garageartmusclecars
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2008 - 08:44:22 PM »
If someone breaks down at carlisle we live only 60 miles away less then a hour or so and have a full shop behind our house is some one needs to fix their car they can come to our house.We are going to try to be in carlisle  and kenny will have his trailer with winch to assist members if need be.

michele
Yes i am a girl and no you cant drive my MOPAR :)

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2008 - 09:13:54 PM »
If someone breaks down at carlisle we live only 60 miles away less then a hour or so and have a full shop behind our house is some one needs to fix their car they can come to our house.We are going to try to be in carlisle  and kenny will have his trailer with winch to assist members if need be.

michele

That is an excellent offer :worshippy :2thumbs: :woo:

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2008 - 09:45:14 PM »
Im convinced that Stroker will never respond to a question about his Avatar. Ive tried.  :poopoke:

great idea for a thread. My parents live right off of 95 on 695 in case anyone comes over to 83 from there. Id be happy to help anyone out. Although, i think i will stay up there the whole weekend, but if you're a member and your broke down in my neighborhood, i'll drive back and help you.
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline DoNotChallengeHer

• Resident
  • Drive It Like You Stole It !
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2008 - 09:51:13 PM »
Michele, That's wonderful.  :clapping:  Maybe we should exchange cell #'s. If someone has a problem and needs help. I know I'll have a bunch of friends and family at Carlisle. And some of them have tools along. Shelby actually needed some help last year. And some great guys offered to help her.  :2thumbs:

Offline cudagirl4406pk

• Yes i am a Girl and No you cant drive my CUDA
    • Garageartmusclecars
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2008 - 01:54:41 PM »
I sent you  a private message jackie.

Anyone else can call kenny's cell if there is a issue 410-713-8895 we have maryland cell phones since we work and do alot in maryland if anyone wondering about the number.As i said we plan on being there awaiting kenny's schedule from work will know positive in 2 weeks or so.But if we are not there kenny will still be around home during day sleeping if he has to work but i believe he will be off.

michele
Yes i am a girl and no you cant drive my MOPAR :)

Offline DoNotChallengeHer

• Resident
  • Drive It Like You Stole It !
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2008 - 09:54:16 PM »
I sent you  a private message jackie.

Anyone else can call kenny's cell if there is a issue 410-713-8895 we have maryland cell phones since we work and do alot in maryland if anyone wondering about the number.As i said we plan on being there awaiting kenny's schedule from work will know positive in 2 weeks or so.But if we are not there kenny will still be around home during day sleeping if he has to work but i believe he will be off.

michele
Thanks Michelle. You have a PM too. Maybe somehow we can do a list of #'s and it can be sent to the people that are coming. Jeff, Can you help out here ?