Author Topic: Challenger fender update?  (Read 3231 times)

Offline Rare_T_A

• Resident
    • Freiss Family Mopar Site
Re: Challenger fender update?
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2008 - 01:17:08 PM »
This pic is from Barrys CD of the 173 mile T/A. You can plainly see the line should angle up to the front of the fender.

You can see the differance from each other.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2008 - 01:20:10 PM by Rare_T_A »
'09 Challenger R/T  5.7 HEMI Auto
'70Challenger T/A 340 727

Fargo, N. Dak.
My web Site:  http://freiss.co.nr

My Flikr Page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/102813164@N04/

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left!

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2008 - 02:38:29 PM »
I won't be excited if i end up with a flawed one, but in all honesty, its nothing a hammer and dolly can't fix. I'll just be excited to have something that the nose isnt gonna rot out of after a month of new paint. I really do hope the problem is remedied though.

:money:
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline Ross

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2008 - 02:49:02 PM »
I won't be excited if i end up with a flawed one, but in all honesty, its nothing a hammer and dolly can't fix. I'll just be excited to have something that the nose isnt gonna rot out of after a month of new paint. I really do hope the problem is remedied though.

:money:

True, I am glad that the nose is fixed with new metal, not cardboard and bondo as I discovered mine to be, I'm POed that I've paid damn near 2k to get parts that require "hammer and dolly" work.

If I wanted to patch a fender together, I would have taken that route.
'70 340 Challenger

A whole lot of rust and very little time to work on it...

Offline 72hemi

• Resident
  • MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2006
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2008 - 02:57:30 PM »
 :iagree:I'm not going to spend 600 bucks a new fender then have to do body work to fix body lines. I will pay less money for an original fender, at least then it is expected to do bodywork.
1972 Dodge Challenger 340 6 Pack 4-speed
1996 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe

Offline gkring

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2008 - 11:46:26 PM »
Ordered a pair today, we will see what comes in. I did forward this thread to the supplier and they asked Goodmark about the fenders. Supposed to have been fixed. Probabaly have them by the end of next week.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008 - 06:17:37 PM by gkring »
Greg
1970 Challenger convertible-in process
1970 Barracuda driver

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2008 - 12:23:07 AM »
PM me the info.

I would still like to hear from an official rep in a public fourm.

Dave :wave:

Info was sent to you in a PM. Let us know what they say.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline HemiOrange70

• Resident
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2008 - 12:27:49 AM »
Not to highjack the thread, but my bodyguy won't touch a goodmark fender unless he has too. My trunk lid needed to have 1/4 inch added to it and the rear valance....what a mess. Yes they will work but NOS is by far the best. Sorry about the fenders, but nedding work is pretty much the norm for repo stuff. Bolt on is for fantasy land :villagers:

Offline ArcticCuda

• Pepe
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2008 - 05:16:18 AM »
:useless:
got pics??

Now I have got one picture. Perfect or not but looks OK to me.

Please remember.... We are living in the middle of nowhere next to Russian border. We don't have NOS or rust free used parts available for high dollar restorations.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2008 - 05:25:12 AM by ArcticCuda »
Current Vehicles:
Plymouth PPR Cuda 1970 489 cid
Plymouth GTX 1970 RS23V0E

Sorry my bad english...I'm just an european...

Offline 73Chally

• Resident
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2008 - 08:59:08 AM »
Looks better, but now it looks like it runs straight across, as opposed to up towards the front?

Offline rallyechall

« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2008 - 09:56:02 AM »
I talked to my Goodmark rep over the weekend. I spoke to him about the fender issue and the floor pan issue. He is going to contact Goodmark and inquire also. As I understand it, AMD is the result of two of the Goodmark guys branching off and starting their own company. They have new deck lids available that are supposed to be spot on, but are about $500. The deck lids sold by Goodmark are the same ones that have been going around for many years from various companies as I understand it. I looked at my 72 fender and found it was correct. I will double check it to make sure. He said he will send it back and obtain the correct one for me.

Offline Aussie Challenger

• Resident
  • In Kansas loaded for Drive to West Coast.
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2008 - 06:01:18 AM »
As I understand it, AMD is the result of two of the Goodmark guys branching off and starting their own company. They have new deck lids available that are supposed to be spot on, but are about $500. The deck lids sold by Goodmark are the same ones that have been going around for many years from various companies as I understand it. 

Seen it happen before, a couple of employees with a conscience decide to do something about bad workmanship.  They will corner the market if their product lives up to expectations.   :2thumbs:  Getting the right stampings is most of the battle.   :bananasmi
Dave