Author Topic: Cheer up- 21 days till spring  (Read 1782 times)

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
Cheer up- 21 days till spring
« on: March 01, 2008 - 04:48:54 PM »
I know some if not most members here have been in a deep hard freeze all winter. Just reminding everyone that spring starts March 21st. Hope it warms up a bit for everyone :wave:  You'll be cruisin very soon

Offline inot2old

Re: Cheer up- 21 days till spring
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008 - 05:35:55 PM »
It was over 50 here today & is supposed to get close to 70 in the next 2 days so it sure seems like spring is almost here.  The cruise ins start in about a month.   :clapping:
'71 Cuda 

'70 Charger project
'05 Crossfire Roadster

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008 - 05:40:23 PM »
Autumn in Australia officially started Feruary 29th.............. lovely weather from now with some wet patches.
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline 6packCuda

• Eagle, NE... Member since 11/17/06
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2008 - 05:50:43 PM »
It almost hit 70 here today. Hard to believe concidering it was in the single digits just a few days ago. Still couldn't take the Cuda out though because my driveway is one big mud hole from the snow melting.
Dave

Offline Rare_T_A

• Resident
    • Freiss Family Mopar Site
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2008 - 06:09:44 PM »
Not here!!!!!!!!!!  We are supposed to be -15 by Wensday. I hope you guys enjoy your spring.  :bigsmile:
'09 Challenger R/T  5.7 HEMI Auto
'70Challenger T/A 340 727

Fargo, N. Dak.
My web Site:  http://freiss.co.nr

My Flikr Page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/102813164@N04/

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left!

Offline bentpshrods

• Almost there, Boise Id.
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2008 - 06:59:24 PM »
   Here in Idaho it's trying to turn to spring. Still have to scrape your windows in the morning but it got up to 60 yesterday. Today it's mid forties and cold.  With the sun out you can see all the early signs that spring is almost here. The motorcycles are out but they are bundled up in full leathers and more. The great blue herons and other birds have returned too their nesting site by my work. The first flowers have not started to grow yet so its just a bit early to get full spring fever. I feel sorry for you folks still stuck in a deep freeze and snow.  I even have been able to take the cuda out for a couple of drives. The first major car show (indoors) starts next friday so things are definately starting to look up.   ;D

Offline moparclown

• Resident
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2008 - 07:10:00 PM »
Had to go into work and shovel from that storm last night,but it warmed up during the day.I can't wait for those warm long days I have been craving.

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2008 - 08:14:08 PM »
Got fairly warm here today as it was almost 60. A little too windy for my liking, but I finished hooking up the Demon carb that I had on my '68 Barracuda years ago. I forgot how touchy the darn thing is. A great carb once you get it set. I had forgotten how easily it will flood out on start-up (no need to pump on the gas pedal) and flooded it out, but it's all good. I plan to tweak it in when we have some more warm weather......then look out, new cam and heads!! I can smell the burning rubber already.  :burnout: I love the smell of burning rubber in the morning...it smells like victory!! :smilielol: Come on spring!!

Matt B.
Matt

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2008 - 08:52:13 PM »
...car photography is my hobby, and wintertime offers some different possibilities

...Thursday, I took out this GTO for a Foto Shoot, it was only 15 degrees, tomorrow, Sunday, it's supposed to be 58 degrees....the snow is all gone

...I wanted to get some shots of the car in the snow...I just bought it a few weeks ago and didn't have any decent pictures of it yet...I try every winter to take a snow shot

...the Judge is across the road at a cemetary, and the Vette is in my neighbors driveway

Offline 6packCuda

• Eagle, NE... Member since 11/17/06
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2008 - 09:07:58 PM »
 :wow: That second picture is beautiful.
Dave

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2008 - 09:13:13 PM »
:wow: That second picture is beautiful.

...thanx, I love taking car photos

...same driveway....finally found a MOPAR picture to post...I took this a couple of years ago, still have the car

...notice it was still snowing as I took the shot, I took a bunch and got soaked, a really wet snow...it was warm and the snow only lasted an hour or so...

Offline jeryst

• Resident
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2008 - 10:59:34 PM »
Great shots Daytona. Cars are pretty nice too.

Just had almost a foot of snow last night in good ol Falls Creek, PA.

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2008 - 11:41:53 PM »
Out here we are starting to show signs of Spring. Grass is a foot and half high in the fields and Robins are showing. I talk to people all over the U.S. everyday at work and I get a good picture on what it's like all over.
3 more weeks and alot of you should start getting your Spring weather.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2008 - 11:45:27 PM »
Out here we are starting to show signs of Spring. Grass is a foot and half high in the fields and Robins are showing. I talk to people all over the U.S. everyday at work and I get a good picture on what it's like all over.
3 more weeks and alot of you should start getting your Spring weather.

...I'm ready for some nice, dry, warm days here in Indiana....I wanna go cruisin  :2thumbs:

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2008 - 11:53:14 PM »
Hey that's Toonces the driving Cat. I loved watching him on SNL. Was hilarious.
Mike, Fremont, CA.