Author Topic: Buy a recreation or non #'s 440-6 Cuda?  (Read 24333 times)

Offline n9671x2

• I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Re: Buy a recreation or non #'s 440-6 Cuda?
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2008 - 06:57:20 PM »
ive been looking 3 years for a 1970, 440 cuda, 4 speed car. Most impt is 1970, Cuda, 4 speed, 440 or bigger engine, prefer hi impact color OR black. Ive been waiting for the right one to come along.

What do you think this one is worth? I like this setup.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280205765190&ssPageName=ADME:B:ONA:MOTORS:1123

OK, cool, then don't settle for less!!   If you want a 4 speed, don't settle for an auto (although a 4 speed swap isn't that difficult if you find a great deal that otherwise makes you happy).   I think you will see more and more clone cars coming onto the market, driving the prices further down on those.   I don't think you are looking to build your own, but I have also noticed more and more unfinished projects coming into the market.  

I think some other board members would agree on this, and I know I have done it several times.  Often when you buy a car, even something in very nice shape, you end up redoing it.   What looked good enough at first starts to bug you, then you want to fix a few things, then you have it completely torn apart.   Keep that in the back of your head on what you might truly have into the car a couple years down the road.

Offline uthustler

« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2008 - 07:01:12 PM »

Offline Pistol Gripper

• Resident
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2008 - 08:04:59 PM »
uthustler,

Car #2-1970 Cuda 440+6 V code rare automatic 4.10 dana car.
Is what I was going by, did you see something else ?

P.G.
O ne
B ig
A $$
M istake
A merica

Offline uthustler

« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2008 - 09:26:35 PM »
The E-bay listing you last posted.

Have you had a look on Cudaworld.com  :dunno:

no, ill go look at cudaworld now, thanks for the tip.

Offline uthustler

« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2008 - 09:30:03 PM »
OK, cool, then don't settle for less!!   If you want a 4 speed, don't settle for an auto (although a 4 speed swap isn't that difficult if you find a great deal that otherwise makes you happy).   I think you will see more and more clone cars coming onto the market, driving the prices further down on those.   I don't think you are looking to build your own, but I have also noticed more and more unfinished projects coming into the market.   

I think some other board members would agree on this, and I know I have done it several times.  Often when you buy a car, even something in very nice shape, you end up redoing it.   What looked good enough at first starts to bug you, then you want to fix a few things, then you have it completely torn apart.   Keep that in the back of your head on what you might truly have into the car a couple years down the road.

see, thats my dilema. I love to change things. One part of me wants that restored 440-6 pack, but then one part wants one where i can put that 528ci hemi crate motor backed by a viper 6 speed. Im torn........

Offline uthustler

« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2008 - 12:05:33 AM »
what do you guys think of this cuda? What price do you think is fair?

1970 'U' Code Cuda. ALL matching numbers drivetrain. ALL original sheet metal. ALL documentation. One of 334 'U' code 4 speed Cudas built in 1970. This makes the car more rare than the vaunted 'V' code Cudas, and second in low production numbers to the mighty Hemi. The car wears its ORIGINAL EV2 Tor-red paint, along with its unique HT6 tan interior. It's a true survivor. This car is only one of 54 known to exist at this time. Only 57,000 original miles. Can't afford an E body Hemi (who can)? Then this is the next best thing. Drive it cross country with no hesitation, it runs that well! This is an investment quality automobile.
The car is located in the Northeast(although originally from the midwest). Check this link for more pictures and information.I have the original Ralley (twin scoop) hood, carburetor, starter and steering wheel. I will reinstall the Ralley hood if the buyer desires (and reduce the price by $5,000.)

http://www.moparts.org/moparts/picture/oldweb/71cuda.html

Offline HemiOrange70

• Resident
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2008 - 12:21:42 AM »
uthustler....You have to decide what you want. The prices in my opinion are only going to go do for alittle while still. If numbers matching isn't a big deal, then find a nice recreation. If you want to put in a crate hemi, get a nice car and tranplant the hemi in. Original paint cars ar nice with matching numbers stuff, but they only stay nice for soo long. Road dings etc can be costly for the value of an original car. Buy something you can drive and enjoy. Stick to your guns and get the color and options you want. Don't spend three years looking and settle for a blue car etc. Decide what you want and you''ll find the right one. Good luck.

Offline uthustler

« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2008 - 12:31:26 AM »
uthustler....You have to decide what you want. The prices in my opinion are only going to go do for alittle while still. If numbers matching isn't a big deal, then find a nice recreation. If you want to put in a crate hemi, get a nice car and tranplant the hemi in. Original paint cars ar nice with matching numbers stuff, but they only stay nice for soo long. Road dings etc can be costly for the value of an original car. Buy something you can drive and enjoy. Stick to your guns and get the color and options you want. Don't spend three years looking and settle for a blue car etc. Decide what you want and you''ll find the right one. Good luck.

awesome. then a 1970 Cuda 4 speed orange big block car it is! Now I just have to find one for 60k or less :-\

Offline 72hemi

• Resident
  • MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2006
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2008 - 09:00:59 AM »
Which orange are you looking for Tor red (hemi orange) or Vitamin C (Go Mango)? I will keep an eye out. Also shaker or rallye hood?
1972 Dodge Challenger 340 6 Pack 4-speed
1996 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe

Offline cjm

• 70 Cuda - In Progress.....
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2008 - 11:08:00 AM »
this guy is asking $185k for this car

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VIDEOS-440-6-BBL-s-Match-Super-Trak-Pak-42K-Mi_W0QQitemZ130202653189QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item130202653189

Yeah, he is a dealer and if you notice the NADA "appraisal" he is adding the 40% for the 6pack when it is already calculated in the original NADA quote....

Offline MyMopar

« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2008 - 11:18:51 AM »
Ok I see some problems already.  You haven't decided what you really want yet and the more you look, the more confused you are going to be.

You want a 4 speed, then DON"T look at any automatic cars, it will confuse you.

You want big block, then skip past the small block cars.

You want black or high impact then concentrate on that.

Find 3 cars that you like, post up here and I'm sure you'll get great advice on pricing. Th eonly way you are going to move forward is by locking down now what you want.  Find the cars, then start making offers.  The deal will then be the first person that accepts your offer is the car you will buy.  Start your offers $12-15k less than what the people are asking and move from their.  
1969 (OO===]|[===OO)
1973 (OO/=====\OO) <---SOLD
1997 (O|||||O) <---SOLD

Smoke tires, not drugs!

Offline CUDASTRIKE

« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2008 - 11:21:31 AM »
Man, your all over the place first you say 440, 4spd then you post up a 383 and a 446 auto than 528 5spd:clueless:
Step back catch your breath decide what you really NEED to be happy then go for it, you should have a better grasp after three years on the hunt :dunno:

1970 BS23UOB E86 D21 A33 A62 J45 + 6 ADDED

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2008 - 12:10:53 PM »
what do you guys think of this cuda? What price do you think is fair?

1970 'U' Code Cuda. ALL matching numbers drivetrain. ALL original sheet metal. ALL documentation. One of 334 'U' code 4 speed Cudas built in 1970. This makes the car more rare than the vaunted 'V' code Cudas, and second in low production numbers to the mighty Hemi. The car wears its ORIGINAL EV2 Tor-red paint, along with its unique HT6 tan interior. It's a true survivor. This car is only one of 54 known to exist at this time. Only 57,000 original miles. Can't afford an E body Hemi (who can)? Then this is the next best thing. Drive it cross country with no hesitation, it runs that well! This is an investment quality automobile.
The car is located in the Northeast(although originally from the midwest). Check this link for more pictures and information.I have the original Ralley (twin scoop) hood, carburetor, starter and steering wheel. I will reinstall the Ralley hood if the buyer desires (and reduce the price by $5,000.)

http://www.moparts.org/moparts/picture/oldweb/71cuda.html

That`s a really nice car but a little slow    :poopoke: (I beat him with my 340 at the drags!)car is a really nice survivor and owner is a good guy to boot.

All other things being equal or at least close I would spend more to buy a real car even if it wasn`t numbers correct unless I wanted to modify it.
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2008 - 02:18:19 PM »
The blue 383 car is nice but I would skip it.  I think you want a 440.  :grinyes:
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline uthustler

« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2008 - 06:44:46 PM »
what do you guys think this car is worth in today's market?

http://www.happycarz.com/pics_and_descp.php?id=754