Author Topic: Buy a recreation or non #'s 440-6 Cuda?  (Read 24335 times)

Offline n9671x2

• I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Re: Buy a recreation or non #'s 440-6 Cuda?
« Reply #60 on: March 05, 2008 - 09:34:51 PM »
Well, as was said, your money will go alot further with buying a Challenger.   Another thing to think about, although some people keep there "first" muscle car, alot of people end up selling that one and moving onto something else, perhaps several times.   There is no PERFECT car out there, so you won't find it.   There is nothing wrong with buyihg one, enjoying it, learning something and realizing it is time for something different.  Maybe get your feet wet on something less expensive??   You may find what you actually like/want is differnt than you are thinking now.   I have been very fortunate to have had some cool rides, I have let some cool ones go, but sometimes it is fun to move on.   I am an E body guy at heart, but don't rule out B bodies.   I did save for 7 years before buying my "first" Mopar toy, outside of my first car which was a 72 Barracuda.   FWIW, this hemi orange numbers/paperwork/low mileage 440 sixpack 4 speed was in the price range you are looking at 3 years ago :burnout:

Offline uthustler

« Reply #61 on: March 05, 2008 - 09:36:36 PM »
nice wing car, id love to own a 4 speed one!

Offline Goehner

• 392 IE
« Reply #62 on: March 05, 2008 - 09:40:09 PM »
I agree with what most everyone is saying. Decide what you want, and look everywhere. Now is the perfect time to buy with the market down. Use e-bay, autabuy, forums, deals on wheels etc till you find your exact car. Offer them 10 to 15K less than what they want, and see where you can get the car bought at. Good luck.
392 Edition on order
08 Mega Cab 3500 SRW 6.7 CTD, 2" Leveling kit, 33" Mickey Thompson MTZ
05 Durango Limited, Yea, it's got a HEMI!!

Offline n9671x2

• I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #63 on: March 05, 2008 - 09:44:33 PM »
nice wing car, id love to own a 4 speed one!
 I guess I am saying that if you are truly in the market in the price range you are looking at, you are not that far off of one of these.   I am sure you are anxious to be driving something, but maybe don't drain the bank, have some fun with one that is a little less expensive for now, you might be surprised what you like/own a few years down the road :2cents:
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008 - 09:51:07 PM by n9671x2 »

Offline n9671x2

• I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #64 on: March 05, 2008 - 09:48:49 PM »
I agree with what most everyone is saying. Decide what you want, and look everywhere. Now is the perfect time to buy with the market down. Use e-bay, autabuy, forums, deals on wheels etc till you find your exact car. Offer them 10 to 15K less than what they want, and see where you can get the car bought at. Good luck.
   This is very true, asking and getting are two very different things.   Show class when doing it, but don't be afraid to offer less.   Asking prices are that, asking prices.   A friend of mine just bought a car for 22k that started out at 75k 4 months ago.   I know that is an extreme example, but it is true.   

Offline N96cuda

• Kirks Cars
« Reply #65 on: March 06, 2008 - 01:54:46 AM »
After a quick search of your username on DFWstangs I noticed that you were pricing a (EDIT)= "new" Dodge truck and a Honda Civic (for your wife). Also considering a green on green 70 383 Superbee and a 70 blue 340 Challenger not to mention last April you were looking for a 69 Superbee or a 69-70 Road Runner or a 69 Charger R/T and you would consider a Satellite or Coronet for an A-12 clone  :dunno:. Also you mentioned that whatever you buy will be driven frequently  :clueless:. IMHO your first Mopar may not need to be so rare as a 70 440 Cuda or 6-pack car  :2cents:. Good luck with your search..... :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008 - 02:31:56 AM by N96cuda »

70 Cuda 440-6 Shaker, Auto, Vitamin C, stripe delete, black int. & vinyl top, luggage rack, Magnums, build sheet
71 Cuda conv. 383 4-speed, Rallye red, black top, int. and billboards, 2 complete build sheets
09 B5 blue Challenger SRT-8
www.93cobra.itgo.com

Offline uthustler

« Reply #66 on: March 06, 2008 - 07:40:09 AM »
After a quick search of your username on DFWstangs I noticed that you were pricing a (EDIT)= "new" Dodge truck and a Honda Civic (for your wife). Also considering a green on green 70 383 Superbee and a 70 blue 340 Challenger not to mention last April you were looking for a 69 Superbee or a 69-70 Road Runner or a 69 Charger R/T and you would consider a Satellite or Coronet for an A-12 clone  :dunno:. Also you mentioned that whatever you buy will be driven frequently  :clueless:. IMHO your first Mopar may not need to be so rare as a 70 440 Cuda or 6-pack car  :2cents:. Good luck with your search..... :thumbsup:

yea, so? I posted what I want above and thats what im looking for.

1)70 4 speed 440 car
2) Winged car (highly unlikely ill find one in that price range)

Offline N96cuda

• Kirks Cars
« Reply #67 on: March 06, 2008 - 10:29:57 AM »
yea, so? I posted what I want above and thats what im looking for.

1)70 4 speed 440 car
2) Winged car (highly unlikely ill find one in that price range)

OK. So. You haven't been able to come up with a satellite or coronet in the past 3 years, yet now you want a 6-pack Cuda or wing car? Were you not looking for a job about a week ago?

BTW, I really hope you can get the car that you want. Good luck.

70 Cuda 440-6 Shaker, Auto, Vitamin C, stripe delete, black int. & vinyl top, luggage rack, Magnums, build sheet
71 Cuda conv. 383 4-speed, Rallye red, black top, int. and billboards, 2 complete build sheets
09 B5 blue Challenger SRT-8
www.93cobra.itgo.com

Offline uthustler

« Reply #68 on: March 06, 2008 - 10:56:08 AM »
OK. So. You haven't been able to come up with a satellite or coronet in the past 3 years, yet now you want a 6-pack Cuda or wing car? Were you not looking for a job about a week ago?

BTW, I really hope you can get the car that you want. Good luck.

Looking for a job??? Uh, no. Where are you coming up with this?

What is wrong in looking for a secondary car (ie- cornoet/satellite) to enjoy and drive daily while in my search/quest for what i "really" want/desire (ie- 440/4/6pk cuda/challenger or winged car) ?

Offline back n black

« Reply #69 on: March 06, 2008 - 01:18:02 PM »
Hustler,

I have seen you posting on Moparts and here from time to time.  I notice that you are actively shopping all kinds of cars.    I can remember one guy from the Moparts board calling you "the internets number one tire kicker".   :roflsmiley: :roflsmiley:

I have to say that I hope you find a car to enjoy soon.  It appears to me that you have very good taste! :2thumbs:There are many great cars out there.  

I also agree with the member that said "you should get in one at lower level to see what you do and don't like".  Your tastes will change.  

Best of Luck in the Search,

BnB

Offline HemiOrange70

• Resident
« Reply #70 on: March 06, 2008 - 01:25:26 PM »
Moparts has a 70 Challenger ta/ in hemi orange for 65K. Very nice, good investment and goes like a raped ape.

Offline back n black

« Reply #71 on: March 06, 2008 - 02:16:57 PM »
Where is the ad with the T/a?  I would love to see it and I am apperently missing it....

Offline uthustler

« Reply #72 on: March 06, 2008 - 03:59:52 PM »
Hustler,

I have seen you posting on Moparts and here from time to time.  I notice that you are actively shopping all kinds of cars.    I can remember one guy from the Moparts board calling you "the internets number one tire kicker".   :roflsmiley: :roflsmiley:

I have to say that I hope you find a car to enjoy soon.  It appears to me that you have very good taste! :2thumbs:There are many great cars out there.  

I also agree with the member that said "you should get in one at lower level to see what you do and don't like".  Your tastes will change.  

Best of Luck in the Search,

BnB

yea, I do kick alot of tires, I search the net to and fro looking for input. You guys have pointed more out about a car than I ever found or could see, thats why i continue to ask your input. I am always looking for a b-body daily driver to curb my fix during the week and then continue to look for my weekend driver (ie- cuda or challenger 4 speed 440-6 car) thanks for your input.

Offline uthustler

« Reply #73 on: March 06, 2008 - 04:00:21 PM »
Moparts has a 70 Challenger ta/ in hemi orange for 65K. Very nice, good investment and goes like a raped ape.

yea, got a link? I cant find it.

Offline uthustler

« Reply #74 on: March 06, 2008 - 04:05:17 PM »
what do you guys feel is a 'fair' price for this car?  Looks great besides the color, nice, just not my first pick.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2008 - 07:51:14 PM by uthustler »