Author Topic: Other than stock seats?  (Read 1109 times)

Offline go-fish

• Resident
Other than stock seats?
« on: March 06, 2008 - 12:32:55 PM »
I don't really want to do the stock seats in my car. They would require foam and new skins anyway. I remember sliding out of my seat almost in my 73 Chally and that was with stock suspension, my 'cuda has super steering with the help of Alter-k-tion and a tri-angulated 4 link so I think I will need something with side bolsters and lumbar support.
What do you guys think. It has alot of up to date touches to it so it would'nt be like an OEM type car with seats that stuck out like a sore thumb. I am not looking for ricer seats or somthing out of Fast and the Furious.
I am thinking Recarro or Arizen. I have looked through Scummit Racing and see a nice looking seat but its around 300 and I could go with a top notch seat for a little more. The Summit seat is probably a China piece whereas the Recarro is ?Italian? and Arizen is American. The later will definantly last longer.
You guys or gals seen some nice seats that don't look too gaudy? Maybe Bimmer seats?

Offline shawge

• Zoiks!!
Re: Other than stock seats?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008 - 12:43:51 PM »
I like the look of Stroker's seats in his Challenger.  Not sure what kind they are...
- Jerry

Offline ted

• 74 cuda, 70 challenger r/t
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008 - 07:31:40 PM »
i have Pro Car seats in my Challenger
74 cuda, 70 challenger r/t

Offline go-fish

• Resident
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008 - 09:16:58 AM »
Pro Car is what they sell in Summit. Do they feel good on yer butt? Do they look like they'll last for years?

Offline go-fish

• Resident
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2008 - 09:17:38 AM »
Also, let's see some pics!!!! :useless:

Offline arcticmopar

• Yukon Canada
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2008 - 02:27:57 AM »
This link deserves to back on here. They sure look like the right stuff.  www.arizenracingsports.com
RUNS WHITH SISSORS!  and  DIGITALY CHALLENGED!

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2008 - 07:14:40 PM »

Just an idea, I'll be getting hip & waist supports added to the factory seats. Nothing major (1-2") just some extra hug and fit to keep me in the seat especially with big hp on tap, it's not a want, it's a must. Best part for me is it will still look very stock, many would overlook it and those not familiar with E-Bodies will not know the difference. Just find a reputable and good interior craftsman. May cost a bit but since when have E-Bodies been cheap?

:2cents: :wave:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2008 - 07:18:57 PM »
A friend of mine put some 2003 chrysler 300 leather seats in his with heat and electric. They had the lumbar supports and worked excellent in his car. He bought both front and rears out of a salvage yard for 300 bucks.