Author Topic: Steering Column / Ignition Switch conectors  (Read 1391 times)

Offline CUDA JAS

• Resident
  • vroooooom!
Steering Column / Ignition Switch conectors
« on: March 07, 2008 - 01:31:08 PM »
Anybody know where I can find the pin type connector that is used on the steering column / ignition swithch connectors.

I have one or two that are burned out and should be replaced.

Thanks,

Jas

74 'cuda 360/727

Gearhead: car nut, automotive enthusiast, one who loves hot rods, muscle cars, hot trucks, burnin' rubber and neck snapping performance. 

Just call me a gearhead!

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
Re: Steering Column / Ignition Switch conectors
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2008 - 01:42:49 PM »
I just pulled the burnt wire out of the connector on each side and connected it outside with my own connector.

Not a pin connector

that was easier for me...  :dunno:
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline ntstlgl1970

• Resident
  • T a c o c a t
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008 - 01:49:26 PM »
I am assuming you are talking about the actual metal terminal and not the plastic block. Any electronics supply or Radio Shack type store should have these, pretty sure they are Molex connectors. If you work on PC's at all, take a look at the 4 wire power connectors for hard drives, CD drives etc. they are very similar.
70 Cuda, 7.0L Gen-III Hemi, Viper T56 w/9310 gearset, 3.91's, Megasquirt MS3x v3.57, Innovate wideband, Firm Feel upper arms, torsion bars, springs and strut rods, QA1 DA shocks. I did everything on this car except the fancy paint stuff and I drive it...and I can't seem to stop messing with it....

Offline CUDA JAS

• Resident
  • vroooooom!
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008 - 01:59:07 PM »
I just pulled the burnt wire out of the connector on each side and connected it outside with my own connector.

Not a pin connector

that was easier for me...  :dunno:

I thought of that, but I know I will need to pull the column out in the fall, so I firure I will fix it right now.  I am already doign a buch of electrical work, so what is a bit more.

[/quote] I am assuming you are talking about the actual metal terminal and not the plastic block. Any electronics supply or Radio Shack type store should have these, pretty sure they are Molex connectors. If you work on PC's at all, take a look at the 4 wire power connectors for hard drives, CD drives etc. they are very similar.
[/quote]

Yep the metal part.  I will check out the radio shack at the mall tonight!

Now if you know where I can get the plastic peices, please let me know, just in case, I need them too!

Thnanks Guys!

74 'cuda 360/727

Gearhead: car nut, automotive enthusiast, one who loves hot rods, muscle cars, hot trucks, burnin' rubber and neck snapping performance. 

Just call me a gearhead!