Author Topic: I bought some parts.... not sure what I got! anyone need any of these?  (Read 4267 times)

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
Re: I bought some parts.... not sure what I got! anyone need any of these?
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2008 - 02:02:45 PM »
Thanks for the response Cody, I know its alot of work, but it may be easier to try and lay the peices out. You could even hold them up to the car to get an idea of where they go. Id really appreciate getting first crack at my above mentioned peices like the SE trim. Thanks again!!  :cheers:
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline ElDoradoCuda

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2008 - 02:42:35 PM »
Cody,  I'm interested in the left and right outside mirrors.  Just let me know what you want for them.  By the way, I've wondered if you went to high school in Vancouver.  I went to Hudson's Bay.

Offline n9671x2

• I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2008 - 02:58:10 PM »
You did GREAT on that buy.   70 Bucket seats are hard to come by.   You also have an 8 track radio bezel that is worth some good coin, let alone the NOS panel.   Those 3 things should EASILY cover your investment.

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2008 - 03:14:02 PM »
I see N9671X2 spotted the rare radio bezel, too.  I've seen those things north of $100 on eBay in good condition.  Nice job on the acquisition and you definitely did a great deal on your behalf. :2thumbs:
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline Cuda Cody

• Resident
  • Vancouver, WA
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2008 - 03:36:59 PM »
The grill is pretty much garbage.  It has bondo in it and has been beat up.  Might not even be worth shipping it.

I would not use it on my car, but you can make me an offer if you want a cheap grill.

Cody-

What kind of shape is the '70 grille in? it looks mostly complete in the pic, just a few rough spots that the bumper might cover. How much would you like for it?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008 - 03:43:20 PM by C O D Y »
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

Offline moparclown

• Resident
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2008 - 03:38:54 PM »
That is a great score for the coin.I know you want the 4spd stuff?But any doubles of any of that stuff please let me know.I still need a driver quality shifter,linkage and clutch linkage.

Offline Cuda Cody

• Resident
  • Vancouver, WA
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2008 - 03:39:31 PM »
Only have one outside mirror and it's bent.  I'm not ever sure what it goes to?  Is it even a challenger mirror?

Cody,  I'm interested in the left and right outside mirrors.  Just let me know what you want for them.  By the way, I've wondered if you went to high school in Vancouver.  I went to Hudson's Bay.
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

Offline Cuda Cody

• Resident
  • Vancouver, WA
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2008 - 03:42:24 PM »
WOW, you weren't kidding!  :jumping:  I had no idea this was a hard to find part!  One sold for $357!  :faint:

I checked out epay and found these...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970-cuda-challenger-8-track-dash-bezel-red-original_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ140720QQihZ015QQitemZ250226372499QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MOPAR-1970-CHALLENGER-AM-8-TRACK-FACE-PLATE-BLACK_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ34206QQihZ003QQitemZ130210655114QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I see N9671X2 spotted the rare radio bezel, too.  I've seen those things north of $100 on eBay in good condition.  Nice job on the acquisition and you definitely did a great deal on your behalf. :2thumbs:

Offline 472 R/T SE

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2008 - 04:52:55 PM »
What's the top of the dash pad look like?
HELP SUPPORT THE REGISTRIES because all cars matter.

I like to sleep For I'm walking in my dreams.
Live life like every DAY is your last!

Offline CHUCKS71

• "IF YOUR NOT FIRST YOUR LAST"
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2008 - 07:59:04 PM »
I sent you a P.M. I could use a lot of the stuff. Thanks Chuck
:burnout::22yikes::burnout:    www.ronpaul2008.com
71 Challenger 4spd   www.conservativepunk.com
03 Ram diesel 6spd    http://s105.photobucket.com/albums/m222/chucknutz/1971%20Challenger/

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2008 - 08:16:37 PM »
can i say D A M N again? you didnt over pay. period. I will say Kenny was looking for a 70 column
(apparently they do not lock with the key out) so, maybe this post will put Dibs on a column until he logs on.....  :2thumbs:

Thanks Wally,

I sent Cody a PM asking about the columns.

:2thumbs:
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline Robb

« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2008 - 08:27:34 PM »
those two SE rear trim panels are probably worth 600-800$ each.   to me, thats where you scored big.      :2thumbs:

I didnt know the 8track bezels were going for that much, thats a stunner. 

70 Challenger SE  (440 SIX PACK / Keisler 5 speed, R/T SE replication)       68 Sport Satellite Convertible 383 Super Commando / 727  Survivor

2002 Trans AM WS6 convertible:  DD
1999 4Runner 4x4:  lifted-locked-armored  expedition vehicle
1990 Jeep XJ 4x4:  Front Dana 60, GM-14bolt rear, 3 link, 4link, 5.38 detroits, beadlocked 40's, stretched to 110" wb  Rock Crawler

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2008 - 08:35:37 PM »
If you noticed the Red colored 8 track trim bezel got the money, but i bet the Black one does not sell at all for the price it is listed at.    Their are two different 8 Track trim bezels available, the 1970 Challenger bezel are all their own animal, a one off piece for one year only and in Red is what made it so rare.  Would need a better picture of the one Cody has to determin what year and car it is for. :2thumbs:
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline Katfish

• Resident
  • 70 Challenger
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2008 - 09:05:11 PM »
I'm interested in the A/T shifter bezel/housing.  PM sent

Offline Cuda Cody

• Resident
  • Vancouver, WA
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2008 - 09:20:41 PM »
Thanks for all the help guys.  I feel horrible..... I got tons of PM's and since our big local auto swap meets starts tomorrow I will be gone for the next 3 days.  I will try to find the time to answer all the PM's when I get back on Sunday.  I will have to unpack most of the parts again to take better pictures.  Time is not on my side right now.   :walkaway: