Author Topic: Car Transporter Question Again  (Read 1264 times)

Offline Grancoupe

Car Transporter Question Again
« on: April 03, 2008 - 05:51:43 PM »
Sorry for posting this again but a couple of you guys were nice enough to give me some recommendations for Transporter companies. One of them was Agape which pulled the old bait and switch. I was very clear on getting prices for both running and non-running. I got nothing but excuses once i opted for the non-running . The motor starts but something is up with the tranny. Not going into any gear. When they heard that they changed their minds and starting hitting me with additional charges. Not happy.
someone else mentioned JOhnCoggins. There was a number but i can't find the post on this site. i can't find a number of past posts that i entered for that matter. not sure if there was an issue with the server at CC?
Does anyone have the number for John Coggins? Called him once but no return call. Figured on giving him another try.

Offline alphabuck

• Pics of my project
Re: Car Transporter Question Again
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008 - 03:59:48 PM »
i messed up his name in my now truncated post.  james goggins xccelerator@hotmail.com 573-259-0236 

Offline Grancoupe

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008 - 08:24:28 PM »
For all those looking to move a car from point A to point B, I must recommend Shawn Field of Field Transporters. Although I found him through a broker, the broker was nice, but he only booked the job and added onto the bill. Shawn was the one that actually handled the car. He has a fully enclosed 2 car trailer. He is now starting to do cross country. He originally only handled the East Coast. I would recommend greatly. Good luck to those of you moving a car cross country. Its a stressful time and having someone like Shawn handling the task was very comforting. I promised him I would spread his name around so please mention the white cuda from NY to NC if you decide to use this reference. Not getting a kick back. just want him to know that i kept my word. Regards, Grancoupe.

Offline Grancoupe

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2008 - 08:26:33 PM »
A phone number would be nice, right?  :clueless: 1 603 545 7611.

Offline MoparMan440

• Drive fast, take chances !
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2008 - 11:19:46 PM »
i messed up his name in my now truncated post.  james goggins xccelerator@hotmail.com 573-259-0236 

I've used James and his father Glenn over a half dozen times and they're always great. Actually, Glenn is bringing two cars over early next week. They're great people to deal with and it's hard to beat the rates for the personal transporter service. They only charge for the loaded mile(one way).

I don't know them personally a side of business. That said I would recommend them to anyone.

Offline Grancoupe

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2008 - 09:51:37 AM »
That's a shame that you have such a good word with James. Probably would have saved me some money. Just wish he has called me back.

Offline MoparMan440

• Drive fast, take chances !
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2008 - 10:28:35 AM »
That's a shame that you have such a good word with James. Probably would have saved me some money. Just wish he has called me back.

Sorry too hear that. I know they can be tuff to get at times becuase of their location and cell towers but they always seem to get back. Sorry, I'll mention it when they show up next week. I'll let you know what they say.

Offline alphabuck

• Pics of my project
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2008 - 09:52:47 AM »
got an email from james about his new website.  http://www.xcceleratortransporting.com/

hes got a classified advertising section on there and a place for online quotes.

Offline Confederate Cuda

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2008 - 10:24:46 AM »
For what it's worth, I have also used James and have had good experiences. Good luck.

Offline Grancoupe

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2008 - 09:28:56 PM »
Well at least there are a few good leads for the rest of the members to follow in the future.